Opinion What 2014 game have you re-watched the most this off season?

Most re-watched game of 2014?

• Round 4 - Brisbane @ AO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round 5 - WCE @ Subiaco

• Round 8 - Fremantle @ AO

• Round 14 - Footscray @ AO

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the second quarter-third quarter of the Geelong game of this year. It's funny to see them just try to outbody us like they have in the past, but now we can match them physically, if not we're way stronger than them now. When it wasn't working, they resorted to ducking or throwing their heads around instead.

The first quarter of the Richmond was just magical. Goals just kept piling on top of each other. At some point, I was just waiting for Richmond to randomly kick a goal.

The first quarter of the EF against Richmond was just awesome and I never tire of watching it. Without doubt the best quarter I have seen Port play in the AFL. (last quarter of the 2004 Grand final excepted). We just out ran and out muscled Richmond. Oh, and we kicked straight for a change!

Before the game I was a bit concerned at the large Richmond fan base that turned up but that first quarter took any Richmond crowd factor out of the game.
I am with you re watching this game , at least once a week.. love it. The best part of that game is that Port scored the biggest margin at half time in any Final ever, 14.5 (89) to 3.2 (20) .. That will take a lot of beating....

Richmond final. But I didn't watch all of it, it was difficult to justify it after the first quarter. Even though the margin for the second quarter was still 27 to us it did not have a period of sheer dominance like the first 17.51 with its' scoreline of 43-0. The most dominant we were in the 2nd quarter was in the first 23.49 when we scored 4.4 to 0.1.

Yep, that first quarter of the Richmond final was fap material.

Upon a second viewing, the way we played against the Hawks in the first quarter of the prelim wasn't that different to the way we played against Richmond.

Our intent, the intensity and our ability to win the contested ball were very similar, however, the difference was our accuracy/composure in front of goal.

Upon a second viewing, the way we played against the Hawks in the first quarter of the prelim wasn't that different to the way we played against Richmond.

Our intent, the intensity and our ability to win the contested ball were very similar, however, the difference was our accuracy/composure in front of goal.
We didn't play too badly, sure there was a couple of easy misses but Clarko pulled out a new strategy on us and that was he had Roughead roam the whole ground. He kicked 6 goals, took goal saving marks in the backline and even got clearances in the middle, I felt he played the perfect game and we weren't prepared for that, he normally stays in the forward line, maybe we should've had Westhoff on him in hindsight. He saved them that day.
The other thing was that tactic to inject Wingard into the game by having him run off the back of the square was our square up for their tactic which worked and maybe it could've been introduced earlier in the 3rd quarter to halt their momentum. But it would've been a great learning lesson for our coaching staff and a lesson which I think will hold us in good stead.

Watching the Richmond final now.... **** me that Neade goal from 50 where he cuts them up through the middle would probably be my favourite goal of the year.

The preemptive rising roar as if everyone in the stadium knew what was coming and what it meant. If you pause it you can see the exact moment the hubris of the Train Station Massive was stomped in the bot-bot and walked dry.

have been watching the Richmond final ...

Also I have recently got the 2004 AFL grand final CD (from the club merchandise shop) and I have been playing that

Watching the Richmond final now.... **** me that Neade goal from 50 where he cuts them up through the middle would probably be my favourite goal of the year.
Yes was great.. I also liked Hartlett when he came in and bumped a Richmond player who was trying to get to Jake.. team work

That elimination final against Richmond will go down as one of my favourite Port games ever.

The way Neade graciously bumps the s**t out of Dustbin Martin

The fact Troy Chaplin had 5 direct plays which resulted in us kicking goals

The way Hartlett put his body on the line like no other

The Alex Rance dummy spit

The 1st qtr

and this line..
Tim Watson - "Ken the boys look different today in their prison bar uniforms, will you have trouble recognising them?"
Kern - "Nah I'll recognise them by their actions Tim, I know they'll give me everything they've got"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the SANFL grand final at the moment. Heath, Stevenson and Hitchcock gone from that side, which is actually a fair bit of experience gone. Will be interesting to see how the team shapes up at the end of the year, if we make finals. Hopefully the bulk of the squad will have gelled as a team by then and having a few more (inexperienced) 18 year olds in the team won't affect our performance too much. Looking at the guys in the the team that played this year I reckon it was a great achievement to make the GF, but of course being full time footballers makes them superhuman and it was a massive upset by Norwood...naaaart. Ok, another beer...

Just watching the SANFL grand final at the moment. Heath, Stevenson and Hitchcock gone from that side, which is actually a fair bit of experience gone. Will be interesting to see how the team shapes up at the end of the year, if we make finals. Hopefully the bulk of the squad will have gelled as a team by then and having a few more (inexperienced) 18 year olds in the team won't affect our performance too much. Looking at the guys in the the team that played this year I reckon it was a great achievement to make the GF, but of course being full time footballers makes them superhuman and it was a massive upset by Norwood...naaaart. Ok, another beer...

I will put my neck on the line and predict a bit of a drop off. We lost a few good AFL listed players (also Ben Newton) in addition to having to replace Bruggeman, Slattery, Raikawasa and Krakouer* with far greater restrictions. Those experienced campaigners who were delisted are replaced by a bunch of project KPPs - we're going to be quite top heavy too.

(Obviously we keep Krakouer, but lose him as a Magpies-listed player whose replacement will surely not be of similar quality.)

I will put my neck on the line and predict a bit of a drop off. We loss a few good AFL listed players in addition to Bruggeman, Slattery, Raikawasa and Krakouer*, having to replace them with far greater restrictions.

(Obviously we keep Krakouer, but lose him as a Magpies-listed player whose replacement will surely not be of similar quality.)
Oh yeah realistically we should not even make the finals. As long as we keep making finals I'm happy. If we won the flag we're ****ed.

That huge **** off bump to Steven Morris by hammer in the EF which ended up with Schulz running into an open goal was glorious. Has been watched over and over

Love hearing Dennis say "...and now they'll get a goal" and have a look at all the Richmond flogs in their cheer squad giving it to Schulz when he runs into the open goal. They clearly miss him :p

This.

That 1st quarter. I still jump up off my seat for that Jakey goal.
And now Neade's away.... Everything falling into place and Neade's the beneficiary... Running down towards the 50.... Lines up, vacant goalsquare.... How about this! This is breathtaking!

I recently re watched the First half of the EF. What a great two quarters of football that was. What you don't see on the replay was Jake Neade fist pumping the air when Shultz marks the pass from Him to set up another goal, just before half time. For me it epitomised that PAFC is a club and club comes first!

Right now it is the Richmantle Dockgers v Port final(s) at Adeliaco

For some reason at half time to opposition changes guernsey.

:confused:

That huge **** off bump to Steven Morris by hammer in the EF which ended up with Schulz running into an open goal was glorious. Has been watched over and over
Absolutely everything went perfectly in the making of the goal. All the 1%'ers added up into 6 points. It summed up the game, really.

I can't remember exactly how it went, but from the top of my head, the tackle that Jasper(?) lays and the ball pops out, Monfries dives on the ground and, it's at this moment that EVERYONE starts to run forward - to provide options and to shephard - so then Monfries fires off a handball to Jasper, who, at the last moment, handballs to Wingard, who, again, at the last moment, handballs to Westhoff, which falls at his feet, so Justin soccers it forward with a couple men behind him, to where Hammer outspeeds Steven Morries and braces for what could have been a very nasty bump, somehow surviving, getting the ball back to Westhoff, to Gray, to Schulz, to goal.

An orgasmic team goal.

Popped over to PTV and saw The Final Siren - 2004 Premiership Recall
and now I've......aah.......I've got something in my eye.

So what are the options for watching AFL replays in Oz? Does the AFL site have something? In Japan I've been using watchafl.afl.com.au, but that's unavailable within Australia, where I shall be living 10 days from now ;)

Back