Opinion What 2014 game have you re-watched the most this off season?

Most re-watched game of 2014?

• Round 4 - Brisbane @ AO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round 5 - WCE @ Subiaco

• Round 8 - Fremantle @ AO

• Round 14 - Footscray @ AO

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Right now it is the Richmantle Dockgers v Port final(s) at Adeliaco

For some reason at half time to opposition changes guernsey.

:confused:

Came here t post this

1st Half vs Richmond + 2nd Half vs Freo

50f06e87afa96f2f45000052.jpg

The first quarter of the EF against Richmond was just awesome and I never tire of watching it. Without doubt the best quarter I have seen Port play in the AFL. (last quarter of the 2004 Grand final excepted). We just out ran and out muscled Richmond. Oh, and we kicked straight for a change!

Before the game I was a bit concerned at the large Richmond fan base that turned up but that first quarter took any Richmond crowd factor out of the game.
This.

Pure PAFC pr0n lol.

Best quarter of Port Adelaide footy since the last quarter of the 1994 Grand Final against W-WT Eagles.

Then there's the Richmond flogs in their cheer squad applauding Rance for it. Just shows what sort of a club they are.

I admire Richmond supporters. I have to cos the alternative is to pity them and that wouldn't be fair with how loyal they have been to a club that has s**t on them time and time again for 30 years.

I was up the other end and I interacted with several Richmond supporters before, during and after the game. All were great, knowledgeable and good supporters. They sat there watched their team get belted and didn't leave till the final siren went. All of the people I had talked to came up and congratulated me and Port. They get a tick of class from me after that game.

I admire Richmond supporters. I have to cos the alternative is to pity them and that wouldn't be fair with how loyal they have been to a club that has s**t on them time and time again for 30 years.

I was up the other end and I interacted with several Richmond supporters before, during and after the game. All were great, knowledgeable and good supporters. They sat there watched their team get belted and didn't leave till the final siren went. All of the people I had talked to came up and congratulated me and Port. They get a tick of class from me after that game.

Were you reading on our board during the week of that lead-up to the Elimination Final?

Watched the first Showdown again last night. The other mob spend 30 minutes of game time getting back into the game and hitting the front, we spend the next 10 minutes building the biggest lead of the game to 3/4 time.

Years ago if a club had a decent season and didn't win the flag.Australian football video produced a highlights package for the club to cash in on.
Do you think we were worthy of having such a production even though we fell short?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the Heath Shaw's dummy spit with Angus week 1 of the Finals at MCG 2013. Angus was giving him a lot of lip and ended up having a shot at goal with a free before the ball went back to the centre. :)

Best quarter of footy we've played in 144 years.

The first quarter of the game versus the Lions at the Gabba in 2009. I unloaded on that. And didn't lay off. #gamblingthinkaboutyourderp

Even at Quarter Time during that game, I still knew Brisbane were going to win.

If we had Burgess on board that year we could've won a flag. Our best was phenomenal. Our fitness was SANFL standard.

If we had Burgess on board that year we could've won a flag. Our best was phenomenal. Our fitness was SANFL standard.

Good performances that year were Hawthorn x2, Essendon at AAMI, Brisbane at AAMI, West Coast at AAMI, home Showdown, Melbourne at AAMI.

Bad performances were West Coast at Subiaco, Melbourne at the G, away Showdown, Carlton, Fremantle at Subiaco, Sydney

Also chuck in 2 losses by under a goal to North that year.

I re-watched the second half of the Freo final on the weekend.

That was a very good half of football. The Richmond final was more spectacular but the 'Tigers' were little more then witches hats that day. Freo had come to play and they could have put themselves out of reach in the first half. They didn't stop playing in the second half; we just lifted our game enough to win it. That's what makes that game so special.

Watched the prelim the other day for the first time. At the ground i remember Port being much more dominant in the first quarter than perhaps we were. There were patches where Hawthorn struggled to clear the ball, especially at the start and end of the quarter, but apart from that it seemed pretty even. Should have been a couple more goals up for sure, but Hawthorn generally seemed cleaner with the ball.

Would have to say the Freo semi-final just shaded the Richmond elimination final by the length of a bee's dick. With the Richmond game we were just so superior in the first half that it was difficult to watch any more. With the Freo game they had the upper hand in the first half but we weren't completely disappointing and then we rolled over them in the second half.
So the Richmond game was two magnificent quarters, one passable one and one that I could have done without. Freo had the 2 magnificent quarters and the other two were less than perfect but neither was a complete loss. Although Port only just scored one goal in that second quarter, staying in showed a bit of fighting spirit.

Just saw something I didn't notice on the first re-watch of the Port V Carlton RD 23 match.
30 seconds left in first Qtr, Carlton get a weak free kick in a ball up, Kane runs straight up to Murphy and pushes him and then Murphy headlocks him just as umpire looks.

Kane may be a campaigner but he is our campaigner.
Nadx4Wt.png

SaNCcFM.png

WOmL5Fe.png

gQAiHut.png
xozalt3.png

OCVsBhg.png

Back