What are dead giveaways that you won't like someone

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Loud people.

Some people have a naturally booming voice, but learn to control it like ol' James Earl Jones. Don't walk around shouting. You know it's loud, everyone else can hear how loud you are, you are a bigger pollution on the soundwaves than Justin Bieber, stfu campaigner.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Males who don't do anything active during lunch times at school

I don't care if it is footy, hand tennis, cricket, soccer, ******* badminton, get up and get with it. We had some very un-sporty in our group at school but they all got up and had a go at whatever the 4 or 5 of the sporty ones were doing for fun. Can't stand just sitting around talking, it is for girls. Probably why I don't really go to pubs too often, it is just sitting around talking s**t.

*Remembered whilst writing this I actually spent most of my year 12 lunches bypassing the school internet blocks and setting up a LAN so we could play Age of Empires... s**t. OK, people who just sit around talking during the only times of the day you get to chill with your mates. As John Kennedy said, DO SOMETHING!

Last edited:

BALKAN

Cancelled
Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Aug 23, 2013
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton

I don't care if it is footy, hand tennis, cricket, soccer, ******* badminton, get up and get with it. We had some very un-sporty in our group at school but they all got up and had a go at whatever the 4 or 5 of the sporty ones were doing for fun. Can't stand just sitting around talking, it is for girls. Probably why I don't really go to pubs too often, it is just sitting around talking s**t.

*Remembered whilst writing this I actually spent most of my year 12 lunches bypassing the school internet blocks and setting up a LAN so we could play Age of Empires... s**t. OK, people who just sit around talking during the only times of the day you get to chill with your mates. As John Kennedy said, DO SOMETHING!

Lol @ the losers who played sports during lunchtime. BRB being sweaty//going into last period smelling like s**t.
meanwhile I was smoking ciggies and chatting up the yung hunnyz. U mad "athletes"?

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
On the subject of playing sport and footy and stuff, there is an absolute epidemic amongst any amateur sporting ranks of people playing up injuries. Playing footy there was always a bunch of soft blokes getting out of training just standing on the sidelines "oh cant train tonight, strained me quad again". These people s**t me to tears. Meanwhile everyone else is slogging it out, trying to make do with the reduced numbers on the paddock. When you're a fringe player like I was trying to keep your place in the side this absolutely shat me.

Last edited:

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals

Back in HS we used to play half court basketball every lunch which was fun with small groups of people but started to get a little out of hand when more and more kids kept joining and soon enough you'd have 10 or more people on each team trying play. Couldn't play full court as the teachers would tell you off for hogging the court :rolleyes:

Also our footy oval was barred from anyone during lunch because it was too far for the teachers to patrol, so footy was played on the soccer pitch instead. One of the perks of going to a school out in the sticks is you have so much space.:thumbsu:

Our Year 12 study periods during exams were spent playing Dawn of War and we got caught just before the last day of exams :$

Jul 7, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames
On the subject of playing sport and footy and stuff, there is an absolute epidemic amongst any amateur sporting ranks of people playing up injuries. Playing footy there was always a bunch of soft blokes getting out of training just standing on the sidelines "oh cant train tonight, strained me quad again". These people s**t me to tears. Meanwhile everyone else is slogging it out, trying to make do with the reduced numbers on the paddock. When you're a fringe player like I was trying to keep your place in the side this absolutely shat me.

Too f***ing right! In year 7, we had this one kid who would tear his hammy every second training session :rolleyes:

placebo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Oh dear god, people have different interests and like different things? HOLY s**t THIS NEVER OCCURRED TO ME! But you're totally right! * them! How dare they not wanna spend their lunch times the same way I do…the big girls.

The Coup

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Lol @ the losers who played sports during lunchtime. BRB being sweaty//going into last period smelling like s**t.
meanwhile I was smoking ciggies and chatting up the yung hunnyz. U mad "athletes"?

I didn't go to high school, I went to school high and stayed that way.

Sports were for club level, school sport in Australia is s**t anyway.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Oh dear god, people have different interests and like different things? HOLY s**t THIS NEVER OCCURRED TO ME! But you're totally right! **** them! How dare they not wanna spend their lunch times the same way I do…the big girls.

Holy crap, internet poster reacts poorly to something he reads on a thread that encourages personal opinions! HOLY s**t THIS NEVER OCCURRED TO ME! But you're totally right! **** them! How dare they not be fully supportive of my opinions and expect differing views

Vince Spadea

Senior List
Feb 12, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
They are usually right to play on the Saturday though!

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes! Jesus christ. You can play three or four sports year round as a kid and never get an injury, you're just not that brittle and no one tackles hard enough. It was the worst. Whenever I'd call someone out on it to a mate, they'd go "nah man, he's actually injured, his shoulder is rooted." This is a 13 year old kid. It was all about having strapping so they could look like Juddy and walk around wincing, not to mention getting out of shuttlies and "only doing the kicking drills." Just a load of s**t, the parents who let their kids prance around like that were just as bad.

We used to have this sick mad brutha crew who'd forge notes from their parents to sit out of phys ed. They'd hang around like a bad smell, turning on taps and playing Soulja Boy through their Motorolas and yelling "******s!" to everyone else. Odd. Even in year 10 when they gave up and let us do whatever we wanted, so long as you were kicking or throwing something, they'd forge the notes.

Obviously they were complete uncos, completely unknown to 70% of the cohort, and pop up in my high school nostalgia sessions approximately 0 times ever. The phrase s**t campaigners was invented for those s**t campaigners

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
They are usually right to play on the Saturday though!

I umpire with a bloke who done his knee umpiring Auskick on Sunday, couldn't train Monday, put his hand up to interchange umpire U/18s Wednesday night, and by Saturday was right to go in the seniors.

When pressed on this, apparently he seen the surgeon Tuesday? Must be a good surgeon.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Playing up injuries loses you a man card.

I've had a few minor 'you're 30 now' injuries lately and you just need to get over it and keep doing whatever it was you were doing unless you are legitimately injured, in which case see a doctor/physio etc. and get it sorted. If you're sitting out a sport and not getting that annoying 'I want to be out there' twitch you're just being a girl about it.

Primary school kids? GTFO.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yes! Jesus christ. You can play three or four sports year round as a kid and never get an injury, you're just not that brittle and no one tackles hard enough. It was the worst. Whenever I'd call someone out on it to a mate, they'd go "nah man, he's actually injured, his shoulder is rooted." This is a 13 year old kid. It was all about having strapping so they could look like Juddy and walk around wincing, not to mention getting out of shuttlies and "only doing the kicking drills." Just a load of s**t, the parents who let their kids prance around like that were just as bad.

We used to have this sick mad brutha crew who'd forge notes from their parents to sit out of phys ed. They'd hang around like a bad smell, turning on taps and playing Soulja Boy through their Motorolas and yelling "******s!" to everyone else. Odd. Even in year 10 when they gave up and let us do whatever we wanted, so long as you were kicking or throwing something, they'd forge the notes.

Obviously they were complete uncos, completely unknown to 70% of the cohort, and pop up in my high school nostalgia sessions approximately 0 times ever. The phrase s**t campaigners was invented for those s**t campaigners

We did lose a few members to the demons of ciggies and talking to girls as the years went on, but the always came back for a kick at least once a week. I look back at our group with pretty good memories, just people doing things, having a go at something they probably wouldn't do in their own time for some harmless fun. Of course if the shoe was on the other foot they wouldn't catch me playing pokemon cards... but at least I could meet them half way with AoE.

I was always the one to bring the footy, as my dad was an umpire and junior footy coordinator I had the best Sherrins in school. The only s**t campaigners were the ones who would run in when the bell went, intercept mark like Jack Watts in a pressure free game of AFL 9s, and boot it as far away as they can.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
People who follow every single trend. I feel a bit sorry for them in a way because they're usually on the fringes and probably couldn't even call themselves bonafide inbetweeners. But they'd jump aboard everything and ditch them at the right times, but not once sit out of a trend or try and do something different. Sometimes a trend is genuinely cool, you give it a go because you like it, but you never enjoy every trend. Some pricks just ate up everything in a bid for cool; unfortunately, it just made people take even less notice of them. Lucky I'm hell cool tho

Also, when Volleys were really trendy in about 2008/2009, I never put much trust in the blokes who went for the green stripes. Didn't like dudes who went the pink ones either; you're not subverting gender stereotypes and no one thinks you're kooky.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
People who kick footys away from the peoples playing with them to be funny. It isn't funny.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Back