What are you currently playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Been playing WWE 2K14, has a really great amount of classic wrestlers and attires. The 30 years of Wrestlemania is pretty good though some of the optional objectives to unlock stuff are frustrating at times.

Right now

Skyrim (360) - Nearing the end of the Dark Brotherhood questline,
Just killed the Emperor
Far Cry 4 (XB1) - Doing a mix of the main missions & taking outposts, got half of them now.
FIFA 15 (XB1) - Made it to division 5 in FUT for the first time recently, but since have been relegated back to div 7 :(
Titanfall (XB1) - Hadn't played it in ages but it's fun multi when I want a change from Battlefield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was playing The Order 1886, but it was over before I got a chance to post. Bought it Friday arvo and had the Platinum by Saturday morning. Not a bad game, but man those unskippable cutscenes kill the whole thing for me. I would have considered keeping it if the cutscenes were skippable. Got my money back which I'll use on something else now.

I got a free copy of Advanced Warfare on Xbox One digitally so I'm makign my way through that now. Not a bad campaign. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPT at the lack of infinitely spawning enemies. Makes Veteran difficultty far less torturous.

I was playing The Order 1886, but it was over before I got a chance to post. Bought it Friday arvo and had the Platinum by Saturday morning. Not a bad game, but man those unskippable cutscenes kill the whole thing for me. I would have considered keeping it if the cutscenes were skippable. Got my money back which I'll use on something else now.

I got a free copy of Advanced Warfare on Xbox One digitally so I'm makign my way through that now. Not a bad campaign. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRAPT at the lack of infinitely spawning enemies. Makes Veteran difficultty far less torturous.

I think I finished The Order in less than 5 hours.

I never look for collectibles so I won't be getting any platinum... but snagged all bar one of the gameplay trophies.

The one I missed was because I didn't know you could stun enemies until the end of the game.

I think I finished The Order in less than 5 hours.

I never look for collectibles so I won't be getting any platinum... but snagged all bar one of the gameplay trophies.

The one I missed was because I didn't know you could stun enemies until the end of the game.

Yeah I made sure to get everything in the one playthrough. A second would have been painful as f**k with the unskippable cutscenes. The ORder is going ot be the most returned/traded in game of all time.

Yeah I made sure to get everything in the one playthrough. A second would have been painful as f**k with the unskippable cutscenes. The ORder is going ot be the most returned/traded in game of all time.

I bought it online so I can't return it.

Not trading it in at EB for $30, having them make $40 off me while losing $30 myself.

It will remain in my collection... never to be touched again. XD

I bought it online so I can't return it.

Not trading it in at EB for $30, having them make $40 off me while losing $30 myself.

It will remain in my collection... never to be touched again. XD

eBay dude. You'd get at least $50 for it. JB would give closer to $40 for it.

X-com Enemy Unknown (PS3)

Never got around to playing it, I remember the original but didn't play it a lot but I've always loved the grid-style strategy games so this for $10 in a bargain bin seemed like a no brainer. Always heard good things about it so looking forward to getting it over the weekend.

X-com Enemy Unknown (PS3)

Never got around to playing it, I remember the original but didn't play it a lot but I've always loved the grid-style strategy games so this for $10 in a bargain bin seemed like a no brainer. Always heard good things about it so looking forward to getting it over the weekend.

Give impressions please, I have it as part of PS+ but I'm pretty sure it's a huge file size so I'd have to delete everything in order to fit it on my 40GB hard drive.

Give impressions please, I have it as part of PS+ but I'm pretty sure it's a huge file size so I'd have to delete everything in order to fit it on my 40GB hard drive.

Well I've had a bit of a bash of this over the weekend, just barely out of the tutorial and starting to expand but a few hours in and getting a good feel for the game.

Quick Disclaimer: I was always going to like this game, Like I said before I've been a fan of strategy rpgs since playing Shining Force back on the old megadrive but still this is a really great update of an old genre.

The big thing with x-com is it's a really different play style, there is NO real time action, it's all about trying to decide where to move soldiers and how to have them explore the area or attack. If you've played Valkyria Chronicles (or any other game with a turn-based grid system) and enjoyed it download this no questions asked, if you've never tried these type of games maybe check out some gameplay video and if it looks like something you might enjoy you can at least trust that what x-com does, it does really well.

There's plenty of menus and resource building back at the base but so far it's been simple and quick enough to keep moving and it's all dressed up and tied into the storyline really well.

So yeah this game probably won't be for everyone but if you've ever wanted sit on the couch with your Napoleon hat on, controller in one hand and beer in the other, then this is game is balls out ****ing awesome :D.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back