What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

flight23

I'm two episodes into the new series of The Killing.

Really enjoying it. Knowing it's a self-contained, finite series is a great thing.

Love how we have the spectre of last season informing this one too.

You finished it yet?

flight23

I'm two episodes into the new series of The Killing.

Really enjoying it. Knowing it's a self-contained, finite series is a great thing.

Love how we have the spectre of last season informing this one too.

You finished it yet?

one episode left, it's great, shattered its over

check out Manhattan, should cheer you up, only 2 episodes so far, but it's got something about it

The end of episode 4 when they pull the car out of the darkened lake, the water running off it, while they stare. Magnificent.

check out Manhattan, should cheer you up, only 2 episodes so far, but it's got something about it

Ok, Flight, this is my take on The Killing Season 4.

In a weird way it was like True Detective for me.

I'll explain.

True Detective didn't end up as some mind-bending who-dunnit. A path littered with red herrings and false turns. As much as people though it would be like that until the final episode. And in the end, the strongest thing I got out of it was the way Rusty and Woody developed as characters and learned to like/accept each other.

The Killing, this season, was like that for me. I saw the crucial link with the family by about the second episode. I knew how the Stringer thing would resolve. It wasn't like someone was playing me, bamboozling me, perhaps like the first 3 seasons did. Rather it was a story about Holder and Linden and the journey they took, much like Rusty and Woody. I enjoyed it immensely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i hear what you are saying

True detective was like a long movie

The killing was 2 full seasons and then a long movie to finish it

Yeah i hear what you are saying

True detective was like a long movie

The killing was 2 full seasons and then a long movie to finish it

You looked at The Knick yet?

The World Wars.

Docu-drama about Stalin, Churchill and Hitler, across and between the wars.

Just started it. It's American made, which means it's full of American horseshit and liberties, but interesting (e.g. I didn't know Germany bankrolled Lenin's return to Russia purely to pull them out of the war. More fool me not knowing that. What an investment)

Saw a brilliant film on Netflix on Friday night called Short Term 12, about a teenage boarding house for itinerant kids.

Great film anchored by a award-worthy performance by Brie Larson. Highly recommended if you come across it.

Speaking of music. You seen any of Peaky Blinders? I'm struggling with it overall, but the thing that I really don't like is the music. The style they've tried to create through the music just grates.

Yeah seen the first season I loved it, but I had really low to no expectations going in, can't really even remember the music, I remember the chick singing in the pub, that was cringeworthy but I let it slide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back