What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I reckon it's my number one too.

Everything is just perfect.

Cinematography 10
Acting 10
Writing 10

Only weakness was the quality of the video in some of the episodes I downloaded ... Could never find it in HD

It kind of got me on an emotional level.

Aside from sprints at work when I'm exhausted I've really got back into reading lately. Something I hadn't done for a while.

I've always read. Haven't had a huge amount of time lately, but even 10-20 pages a night and I feel better about things!

Actually, I read the new Michel Faber novel, 'The book of strange new things' recently. It's amazing. I really rate him as a writer and this book is incredibl.e

I've always read. Haven't had a huge amount of time lately, but even 10-20 pages a night and I feel better about things!

Actually, I read the new Michel Faber novel, 'The book of strange new things' recently. It's amazing. I really rate him as a writer and this book is incredibl.e
That looks awesome.

Please no more I am buying that too now :)

Will watch the next one

Just started it.

Watched the end of the Sixth Sense with junior. Started watching it last week, he picked the twist in the first half hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable... Gonna be a smart dude like his old man.

Don't expect too much from The Whispers.

Good and will watch another but not great.

Yeah, can see that already. Too network for my linking.

Hey, did you watch Halt and Catch Fire?

I didn't have the word for it but that's why I don't think it will be great.

The plot is interesting it's just made for a low intellect audience, aka 'network' as you say.

Haven't seen Halt and Catch Fire, good?

Ah, if you're after a better than decent, but not great, season of tv, then check it out.

It's set in the early days of modern computing.

Season 2 has just started.

It was touted as the next Mad Men style show, in terms of quality/potential/longevity etc.

Doesn;t live up to that, but far better than the general network stuff.

The cinematography, art direction and general look is very good.

Yeah, can see that already. Too network for my linking.

Hey, did you watch Halt and Catch Fire?

Has Spielberg done any good TV? because that was too crappy polished

The score was trying to hard to get me invested, everyone was too beautiful and the creepy kid thing was too cliche'd

Watched the first episode of Sense8 and that just had waaay too many balls in the air to stick the landing, probably watch a few more but not expecting much

Flight & Grizz

I'm watching:

Wayward Pines (yeah a bit networky but I love Matt Dillon)
Mr Robot
Will give The Whispers one more/last episode
Les Revenants (when it eventually comes)
True Detective Season 2 (coming soon I hear)

Will give Halt and Catch Fire a try...

Anything else I am missing?

Has Spielberg done any good TV? because that was too crappy polished

The score was trying to hard to get me invested, everyone was too beautiful and the creepy kid thing was too cliche'd

Watched the first episode of Sense8 and that just had waaay too many balls in the air to stick the landing, probably watch a few more but not expecting much

It's got every trope, every cliche, every bit of technique, to compensate for a lack of a compelling idea or vision.

Oh yes, the ol' pump the levels on the score up trick to inject false drama.

I'm going to give Sense8 a wide bearth, those Matrix boys/girls are more miss than anything these days. That Jupiter movie.

You looked at Aquairus yet?

Flight & Grizz

I'm watching:

Wayward Pines (yeah a bit networky but I love Matt Dillon)
Mr Robot
Will give The Whispers one more/last episode
Les Revenants (when it eventually comes)
True Detective Season 2 (coming soon I hear)

Will give Halt and Catch Fire a try...

Anything else I am missing?

Well, the French seroes Flight and I binged out on is great: Spiral ir Engrenages in French.

5 seasons of that H2F.... you can truly binge. I love it.

It's got every trope, every cliche, every bit of technique, to compensate for a lack of a compelling idea or vision.

Oh yes, the ol' pump the levels on the score up trick to inject false drama.

I'm going to give Sense8 a wide bearth, those Matrix boys/girls are more miss than anything these days. That Jupiter movie.

You looked at Aquairus yet?
That Jupiter movie was absolutely pathetic. I walked out.

was it you who said Aquarius wasn't much chop, it's there but i think i'll wait

good doco

great doco

Yeah, twas me re aquarius.

Look, it's ok as one eye on the tv kind of thing.

It looks good. But the writing is very patchy.

And Duchnovy is kind of fascinating to watch, to detect if he's actually acting or not. Counting off his expressions on one hand.

Yeah, a lot has been thrown at it, but it a'int got no soul or the skill to make it interesting enough.

Bosch is far, far better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back