What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo has a heavy heart. My sister Kathy passed away yesterday. I'm going to arrange her funeral and I'm looking for some appropriate music to play at the start and finish of the service.

I'll probably do the eulogy. At the end of that I'll slip in the family national anthem.

One of the great bands from the sixties. I think Bowie did a cover of a Pretty Things tune on his Pin Ups album. I read Pete Townshend's autobiography and he credited this group's album SF Sorrow as the inspiration behind his rock operas. This clip is from a live recording of the album in the Abbey Road studios. Dave Gilmour helps out on guitar. Set aside some time to listen to the whole album. You won't be disappointed.

Bowie covered "Rosalyn" on Pin-Ups and did a killer version too !!

Robbo has a heavy heart. My sister Kathy passed away yesterday. I'm going to arrange her funeral and I'm looking for some appropriate music to play at the start and finish of the service.

I'll probably do the eulogy. At the end of that I'll slip in the family national anthem.

Condolences to you and your family Robbo. Play it loud.

Thanks to Harker and Blue Gum.

Great choice Harks. I'm sure Kathy is with my mum and catching up on things. My mum was a massive Frank Sinatra fan. He really was the first pop star. My mum saw Frank at Festival Hall in the fifties. He was in town at the same time as his tempestuous ex Ava Gardner was filming 'On the Beach'. As she said Melbourne was the perfect place to make a movie about the end of the world. She had front row seats and Frank eyeballed her and sang this song to her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

36043089380_b74708980b_c.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back