What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

At the Good Times concert tonight. It’s interval. The show opened with Brian Cadd, great performer and extraordinary songwriter. He has the ability to pull at my heartstrings. Next up was JPY. He still has a great voice. Molly Meldrum trundled out during one song and did some background vocal. Russell Morris followed and rocked out his tunes. He did a great interpretation of Dylan’s “It’s all over now”. Only Dylan could write “The carpet too is moving under you, it’s all over now baby blue”.

Leo Sayer bounced out to start the second set. I’m a little sad he doesn’t do ‘Moonlighting’ anymore. He played a bit of blues on the harmonica which was pretty good. And the best was saved for last. Marcia Hines hit the stage with ‘Never can say goodbye’. After a couple of upbeat numbers she slowed it down with ‘I don’t know how to love him’. It was a showstopper. Her rendition of ‘Disco Inferno’ had the house rocking.

The finale is where the artists pull out their biggest hits. Molly Meldrum strolled out during this part of the show and someone foolishly gave him the microphone. The final song was ‘April Sun in Cuba’. Daryl Braithwaite left the audience to join the chorus. And Thump’n Pig, Warren Morgan politely asked if he could play Brian Cadd’s electric piano. If only Puff’n Billy was there as well.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had Eat The Elephant on high rotation for a few weeks now...thinks it's an interesting album, though struggling to really get into it. More atmospheric, even pop-tinged at times, but somehow less accessible. Might be the lack of Josh Freese behind the drum kit...think he was responsible for their signature sound every bit as much as Maynard.

I like trying to nut out these 'departure' albums that aren't what the traditional fan base might expect. Still recall the uproar when Stone Temple Pilots released 'Tiny Music'...years later I think it'c clearly their best work.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back