What are you listening to now - No. 8 🎵🎻🎶🎼🎸

Remove this Banner Ad

Read an interesting article in today’s Age and decided to listen to the album. I’ve been an anti-establishment type of guy since the Vietnam War Moratorium protests. This is just one of many great tracks. This one owes a lot to Guthrie and Dylan. Enjoy.

Keep listening. You get a bonus track.

Last edited:
You have just introduced hecker to me and I like what I hear. Will listen to album at some point. Cheers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Loved it . Grew up singing boy soprano in a very good choir so can relate to the organ music / pipes sound. I like harpsichord also. You have great taste . Can I recommend Jahwobbles Betrayal album for you to give a listen .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

American/country last night at the Thornbury Theatre. Margo Price. Fantastic band and gig.

Country isn't usually my go-to genre of music, but its good when has a bit of swing and fun lyrics. Some faves

"And one for my future ex-husband"

American/country last night at the Thornbury Theatre. Margo Price. Fantastic band and gig.

Country isn't usually my go-to genre of music, but its good when has a bit of swing and fun lyrics. Some faves

"And one for my future ex-husband"

More respect BlueGum

I like to listen to a bit of country and western. I also like it when it’s mixed with rock. I’m thinking John Hiatt and Steve Earle.

My kids bought me a father’s day present many moons ago. It was called something like 1000 albums to listen to before you die. There was so much there and I’ve listened to a lot of different styles of music.

I’d suggest Gram Parsons for the hybrid country rock and the Bakersfield sound of Buck Owens and the Buckeroos. Buck’s lyrics are classic country and western. The pickin’ is sensational as well.

More respect BlueGum

I like to listen to a bit of country and western. I also like it when it’s mixed with rock. I’m thinking John Hiatt and Steve Earle.

My kids bought me a father’s day present many moons ago. It was called something like 1000 albums to listen to before you die. There was so much there and I’ve listened to a lot of different styles of music.

I’d suggest Gram Parsons for the hybrid country rock and the Bakersfield sound of Buck Owens and the Buckeroos. Buck’s lyrics are classic country and western. The pickin’ is sensational as well.
Thanks for the tips. will go explore. Missed out on a sister listening to the Beatles (that would have been great), but did have a father with a thing for Charlie Pride

More respect BlueGum

Forgot. Recommendation in return Eilen Jewell. Country band with double bass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I hear this song I’m an 11 years old, drinking a coffee and having 2 pieces of toast for breakfast. I’m now out the door and I can hear the screen door slam. Me and my mate Niko meet up and we’re primary school bound. We’re late as usual. Waiting for ‘God Save the Queen’ to end so we can sneak into line for the classroom. Good memories.

I was motivated to find this recording by The Who by a comment in another thread. Dedicated to our young draftees. The scene of the clip excited me as well. I was walking along there with my wife about a month ago. The long lake in Hyde Park.

Sorry this one doesn’t work. However you can still see the lake in the background. Good enough for me.

This one works. Great song. The Who did pop pretty well.

Last edited:
I was motivated to find this recording by The Who by a comment in another thread. Dedicated to our young draftees. The scene of the clip excited me as well. I was walking along there with my wife about a month ago. The long lake in Hyde Park.

Sorry this one doesn’t work. However you can still see the lake in the background. Good enough for me.

This one works. Great song. The Who did pop pretty well.

In memory of Nick Graham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back