What are you listening to?

Remove this Banner Ad

I watch it, but I didn't know they'd already decided on the song! It's the Guy Sebastian one right?

It's alright... Honestly my first thought is that it's nothing overly special. If they'd gone for an old style production, got rid of the dance elements and focused more on the horns and upped the funk tones I think it would be a lot better.
Yeah, that's the one.

It's catchy, but it's a pretty safe choice I'd think. Funnily enough it seems to be almost unanimously hated within Australia (quite possibly because of the inexplicable hatred of Guy himself) but pretty popular elsewhere. Quite a few European media outlets etc think it's almost a sure thing for a top ten placing which is interesting. It's not a winning song but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes ok.

At the very least, at least we know he can sing and will put on a decent show. Just hope he respects the extravagant 'spirit' of Eurovision and doesn't take it all too seriously. :p

Yeah, that's the one.

It's catchy, but it's a pretty safe choice I'd think. Funnily enough it seems to be almost unanimously hated within Australia (quite possibly because of the inexplicable hatred of Guy himself) but pretty popular elsewhere. Quite a few European media outlets etc think it's almost a sure thing for a top ten placing which is interesting. It's not a winning song but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes ok.

At the very least, at least we know he can sing and will put on a decent show. Just hope he respects the extravagant 'spirit' of Eurovision and doesn't take it all too seriously. :p
Well it definitely fits the Eurovision format, but as a standalone song it's pretty boring. It's not bad, it's just kind of average and something that exists. And to be fair, a lot of European countries have a somewhat questionable taste in music :D

Guy's one of the better famous people to come out of Australia, he doesn't take himself too seriously unless he actually has to and is just a guy that you'd love to sit down and have a beer with (or water if you don't drink :p) He'll probably take the piss out of the whole thing. I don't actually get why people don't like him!

Well it definitely fits the Eurovision format, but as a standalone song it's pretty boring. It's not bad, it's just kind of average and something that exists. And to be fair, a lot of European countries have a somewhat questionable taste in music :D

Guy's one of the better famous people to come out of Australia, he doesn't take himself too seriously unless he actually has to and is just a guy that you'd love to sit down and have a beer with (or water if you don't drink :p) He'll probably take the piss out of the whole thing. I don't actually get why people don't like him!
Haha yeah I'm not a massive fan, but it could've been a hell of a lot worse. Think it'll be in the better half of the finalists, but still a middle-of-the-range scorer. It's a catchy song so it'll attract more votes than the shockers, but I don't think we have the "affiliations" to get the cheap points to push for a top ten berth. Will be nice to see Aus in the comp, at any rate.

I've never had an issue with him either; I can't say I get it. Not liking his music is fair enough...but it goes a lot further than that with the Australian public for some reason. Attempting to be too cool for mainstream music? :p

Great song, but When The Levee Breaks is ultimate. Too bad it's too hard to play live.

I just got back into Levee. So good.

I know it's pretty soft, but went to see Train the other night and Wonder What You're Doing For The Rest of Your Life from their latest album was an instant like song. Probably be sick of it in a few days.

Last edited:
Yesterday I was listening to songs from 1967 on YouTube. I noticed this one had 1954 'likes'. Then the next one, Dandelion, had a number of likes also ending in 54. Chances of two songs having number of likes ending in 54 = 100x100:1 ..... x chance of any song having 1954 likes = mind blown

Bought Dandelion (backed by We Love You) in Coles Bourke St basement in 1967. Still have it, probably cost me $1. Now I have them again on GRR! Super Deluxe Version.

Can you tell I've just discovered this thread :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

n6Bu5ZQ.jpg

Been a while since I've posted in here; been listening to these two songs a fair bit lately. If you're planning on playing the game Life is Strange but haven't managed it yet don't read the comments - they're both from the game's soundtrack so there are a few spoilers on there. Outstanding game.

My wife's working in Adelaide for the next 6 weeks so I'm listening to all the banned music:
Swans

Fugazi

The Drones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back