What are you reading now ???

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't do Pride and Prejudice at your school? :D

Reckon I was the only male in the class who enjoyed it...and yes, I'm straight.

Though reading a book in school seems to suck all the life out of it. Couldn't stand 1984 back in year 12 (how I'd have loved to inflict grievous bodily harm on Winston) but upon re-reading it last year, I moderately enjoyed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson, the man responsible for finishing Jordan's Wheel of Time.

Great first novel. Intriguing and likeable characters. Different, unique and vast world with just enough of it shown to get you to want to discover more. Highly recommended for fantasy buffs.
just finished book 2 of my 6th reading of WoT due to Xmas present of book whatever

just finished book 2 of my 6th reading of WoT due to Xmas present of book whatever

Just started book 13 myself. Still working my way into it and picking up on story lines. Liked Perrin earlier on in the series but he just irks me now.

No interest in anything other than Jordan, guns?

mostly reading exerciose mags
Saw Paul Kelly last night has an autobio out so might grab that
Have a stack of books on the back burner-mostly historical war stuff

They don't do Pride and Prejudice at your school? :D

Reckon I was the only male in the class who enjoyed it...and yes, I'm straight.

Though reading a book in school seems to suck all the life out of it. Couldn't stand 1984 back in year 12 (how I'd have loved to inflict grievous bodily harm on Winston) but upon re-reading it last year, I moderately enjoyed it.

I luckily missed out on Pride and Prejudice (though my sister got it).

The middle of Obama's autobiography is so dry.

M_I_G

Premium Gold
Aug 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
love a read but have been engrossed in the post secret books
- not really 'reading' as such, but the books are amazing. there is a website - postsecret.com that is updated every sunday. it was a small community art project where a bloke sent out thousands of blank postcards and told people to decorate them and write a secret they had never told anyone on them, and it is really taking off, he receives thousands a week now and donates a lot of the takings to suicide prevention lines or similar. dunno if its so interesting as ive studied quite a bit of psychology or if it genuinely something unique and amazing, everyone at work who i have got onto it loves it/the books, so well worth a look.
heads up tho if you want to buy the books - order online like thru amazon. somehow through borders its 60 a book whilst online u get the whole collection (currently 5) for 120.

Read a historical war book - The Art of War in the Middle Ages by Oman. Not much a non-fiction reader but read it for research purposes and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Currently reading Warbreaker by Sanderson. Not even close to The Way of Kings - characters feel a bit too characterture-ish, though they're an improvement over his earliest works. Still enjoying it.

After that, intend to dive into Robin Hobb's works. Should hopefully get the Farseer Trilogy done by July, in time for the next installment in A Song of Ice and Fire (suffice to say I can't wait).

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory
The Art of War in the Middle Ages by Oman. Not much a non-fiction reader but read it for research purposes

Holy crap B4F

FeatDarkon3_19.jpg

lionel_luthor

Club Legend
Suspended
Mar 23, 2011
Smallville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mel Heart, Leeds Utd
Right now I am reading Guantanamo My Journey by David Hicks and it is a harrowing tale. I have no reason to doubt Hicks version of events and it is my belief he was naive, idealistic and had the misfortune to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is neither a terrorist nor a mercenary and that photo of him with the bazooka was printed out of context by right wing media ratbags. If Hicks really was a terriorist, why was his US Military court lawyer a decorated US Marine Corps Lieutenant General ???

I would suggest all Hicks haters should read this book to counteract all the poisionous propaganda and lies spread by the right media and John Howard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back