What are you reading now ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Mother Tongue - Bill Bryson. Fascinating book about the development and spread of the English language from mongrel tongue to international language.

What is Property? - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon. An Anarchist classic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since Christmas I have read;
'Death of a Salesman'
'Fontamara',
'Bread and Wine',
'The Seed Beneath the Snow' and
I am currently reading 'The Meaning of Luck' by Steve Waugh.

I like to stay in:rolleyes:

Just finished Andy McNabb's Silencer (Nick Stone novel series). Probably one of the best of his that I have read. One particular scene the character is talking to a guy he worked with years ago who describes in detail how he was captured by Mexican drug lords and abused for over a year before escaping, losing a leg in the process. The guy had severe PTSD and the way it was written was so absorbing and true to life that it was really moving. Having known some people who experienced similar things and had to deal with them, it was quite emotional to read. By far the best few chapters I have read in a fictional book in a while.

Recently finished Eyrie by Tim Winton which was infuriating...so well written, such a good read, but leaves so many question just hanging there...

Now re-reading A Fortunate Life for the eleventeenth time. Not just an Australian classic...simply a classic.

Finished the first 2 books in the Divergent series. Not bad at all.
Genre please as I am not aware of the Divergent series.

I have recently read a novella by John Steinbeck called 'The Pearl'. A story about what appears to be a positive life changing event which turns out to be a poison challis. I've just completed 'Slaughterhouse 5' by Kurt Vonnegut. You have to suspend belief to get into this one. Central theme of book turns on the senseless Allied bombing of Dresden towards the end of the Second World War. It's the additional plot lines that make it a weird combination of circumstances.

I literally just picked up 'The Plague' by Albert Camus. Looking forward to it. I read 'The Outsider' by the same author last year. The central character is creepy and his actions are outside of normal human behaviour.

That's a wrap:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back