Horse Racing
Ice Hockey
Test Cricket
NFL

Worst
Basketball
Rugby League
Motor Sport

AFL and Tennis (in the Henin era) used to be in my top 3 but both are plummeting at a rapid pace. Cycling is also slipping back - would have been in my top 3 in the Armstrong era.

Fav
AFL - Easily accessible etc
Horse racing - Got into it to punt but appreciation for the sport has grown with that and these days more interested to see how a horse does than how much it pays
Cricket - Test cricket is still great to watch
F1 - Hate all other car sports except this, enjoy the time slot and having an aussie to root for
Baseball - Enjoy watching a game, find it relaxing, play offs are geat fun

Honourable mention to the Tour de france, never watch bike riding but always watch the tour

Least fav
Rugby League - Dont like it, tried but just couldnt care for it
V8s - Just boring
Tennis (except grand slams) - Couldnt force myself to watch Nadal v Fed in a non major, but will watch a rugrat play someone in a wheel chair in a grand slam so work that out

Could have sworn I wrote this. Agree on every point with maybe not as much liking watching baseball. I played the game for years but couldn't watch anymore than a game a week.

AFL is great although had slipped somewhat in recent times due to a large number of teams each year seemingly being less and less skillful. Gee v Haw yesterday however, could watch those games 24/7.

Test match cricket is amazing. The tactics and stamina over 5 days.

Like yourself JuddsABlue, horse racing for me is more about the sport, than the punt (which i still do on a small scale at bigger meets). The tactics in a race, over a campaign, track bias & condition, the choices a jockey will make throughout a race.

Cannot stand watching tennis, soccer (unless in the crowd), gridiron, basketball, swimming, most motor sports outside of F1.

In saying that even though I don't actively sit down and watch these sports, or a majority of sports, I'll still have a keen interest and could usually hold down a topical conversation about most sports.

Fair enough, no direspect to baseball lovers, I would be obssessed if I was 'Merican, but I think Cricket has more intracies that makes it more appealing - every baseball game is 9 innings, and you might get 3-4 home runs a game if your lucky. A player can go through a whole match and do next to nothing.

Cricket has different formats, pitch and weather conditions are hugely influential, as is ball wear. There are different types of bowlers, different types of grounds.

Test cricket is the best. Ebbs and flows, battles within battles, rivalries, rear-guard actions, break-throughs, the romance of the first session of a test match in clean creams...

What is life but a game of cricket?

There are plenty of different types of pitchers in baseball and different types of grounds/wall sizes.

There are ebbs and flows, battles within battles, rivalries, romances, curses and the fresh hope that opening day or day 1 of the postseason brings.

To play

1. AFL/Soccer
2. Cricket/Tennis

To Watch
1. AFL
2. Cricket
3. Soccer
4. Tennis

Faves
1. Australian Rules Football (duh)
2. Soccer/Football
3. Tennis (i used to hate it although now i like it)

Least Favourites
1. Cricket (mainly because i still don't get the rules)
2. Golf (boring old mans sport)
3. Baseball (liked playing it as a kid in school although it's terrible to watch)

What rules confuse you?

Favourites to watch:
1- Cricket (Tests)
2- Cycling
3- Rugby Union- Didn't like the sport at all until I picked it up for a few years (back to playing footy now however), extremely underrated athletes, underrated by a lot of people on Bigfooty who would never have bothered to learn the skills and intricacies of the game. Most tactical team sport on the planet behind Test cricket IMO.
4- Footy
5- Horse Racing/Basketball

Favourites to play
1- Swimming
2- Rugby Union
3- Footy

I'm a bit perplexed at how someone can dislike baseball but like cricket.

To each their own, but isn't it the same, general idea?

Ball is pitched/bowled
Ball is struck with a bat
Fielders attempt to catch ball
If fielders do not catch ball, attempt to run batsman out
Batsmen try to score as many runs as possible

This is a very strange post. Clearly there is more to liking a sport than just the game itself. Hint: if I grew up in the US, I'd probably love baseball...

Favourites to watch:
1. AFL
2. NHL
3. Tennis

Favourites to play:
1. AFL
2. Basketball
3. Soccer

Used to love cricket as a kid but have dropped off in recent years.
Hate any type of motorsport.
NFL and NBA are good for watching with mates, but I struggle to watch a full match by myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surfed from 8-21, more recreational though as I never competed (didn't see the point)
Tennis (used to play and loved it but don't watch much any more, the players these days are so precious and petulant)

Dislikes:
Anything requiring animal participation
Boxing/UMA/MMA and whatever else where the sole objective is to inflict pain on your opponent
Most of the Olympic events suck (love watching the diving though;))
American Football (no fluency, just looks like a live game of chess)

Love my cricket, play and watch
Afl
Baseball
Gridiron
Soccer
Cycling

Can't stand
Motor racing
Tennis
Rugby
Golf

The one sport I love to watch and did once get an opportunity to have a go at was Handball ( European handball ) so fast and great fun

Remarkable the amount of people on this board who cant distinguish Rugby from Rugby League, both different sports.

Remarkable the amount of people on this board who cant distinguish Rugby from Rugby League, both different sports.
Rugby League: 2 walls of meatheads running into each other.
Rugby: Convoluted version of above requiring some thought rather than none.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back