TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Well as someone who is into collecting i want to know what rare games you guys have in you're collections?
i thought it could make for an interesting thread.

I have a few things that are rare or could be rare in the future.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Limited Edition Bundle with Golden Wii-Mote
The Last Story Limited Edition
Black Label Final Fantasy IX
Resident Evil 4 Collector's Edition (GCN)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN)
Tales of Vesperia (360)

When the PS3 and 360 are close to being discontinued i might even pick up a couple sealed units as they will be cheap as chips by then and in 10 years or so a sealed one would be cool to have.
Kind of wish i did that with GCN, PS2 & Xbox OG.

I don't have many rare ones.
One of my favourites is The World Ends With You on DS - I don't know many people that have that.

I don't have many rare ones.
One of my favourites is The World Ends With You on DS - I don't know many people that have that.

Great game that one, i used to own it.
Sadly and stupidly i sold most of my DS collection to help pay off my XB1 last year.

Gonna get all that stuff back though eventually.

Great game that one, i used to own it.
Sadly and stupidly i sold most of my DS collection to help pay off my XB1 last year.

Gonna get all that stuff back though eventually.
It's fantastic, isn't it? Comfortably my favourite DS game, just ahead of the likes of Professor Layton and a couple of the Ace Attorney games.

I like to collect and hoard my games so getting rid of them was never an option. I'll just wait until there's a couple more games I want and then invest the cash in a new console.

I used to collect games and sold off most of it when I moved to a smaller place. Few boxes of cool stuff at my mum's, though. Sealed Bart Vs The Space Mutants, mint CiB Super Mario World, Earthworm Jim 2, Super Metroid, Wario Land, Doom (on floppies), Four Swords Adventures, unopened Donkey Konga + 2 + Bongos, sealed Killer 7.

Lots of stuff I don't remember cause they're not on display like they used to be next to my desk :(

It's fantastic, isn't it? Comfortably my favourite DS game, just ahead of the likes of Professor Layton and a couple of the Ace Attorney games.

I like to collect and hoard my games so getting rid of them was never an option. I'll just wait until there's a couple more games I want and then invest the cash in a new console.

Yeah it sure is, never played an RPG like it before.
I didn't actually finish it only got about half way.

I'm like you in that regard as well, other than a couple times i've fallen on tough times financially.
i think i have over 100 games for Xbox 360.
I've never traded in at EB once, despite the clerks pestering about it every time you buy something...

Yeah it sure is, never played an RPG like it before.
I didn't actually finish it only got about half way.

I'm like you in that regard as well, other than a couple times i've fallen on tough times financially.
i think i have over 100 games for Xbox 360.
I've never traded in at EB once, despite the clerks pestering about it every time you buy something...
I got most of the way through it and cracked the shits with it when I was about 14 when it came out, and then beat it 4 or 5 months later.
I took it with me on a holiday up to Merimbula that year, was magic sitting out on the veranda in the summer breeze with it. Haven't played it much since though, I don't replay many games other than Fallout 3 (4 times) and the odd Mario game.

I've considered trading in games before because I have other stuff I want to buy, but I don't because I'll just regret it later on. I was fairly late to the last generation so my PS3 collection doesn't have much clutter in it, just the best and the exclusives really. It does annoy me whenever I buy a game at EB that they ask me if I want to lower the price and trade a game in - well, no, I don't have any on hand, and no, I don't want to trade any in anyway.

It took me awhile to get into TWEWY as well, but once it all clicks it's awesome!
Will def chase down a copy when i get a 3DS.

They will give you $2 for most 360/PS3 games so yeah it's not worth it.
I like having a large collection so you can just grab your fav games whenever you feel like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually looking through my collection I have Digimon World for the PS1 which is quite pricey on Ebay

Same goes for Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door for GCN

Final Fantasy Anthology for PS1 has held its price quite nicely as well.

Nice, the value of some games just keeps rising.
I also have Paper Mario: TTYD, a mint copy of that would easily be worth $100+

Only a couple of N64 games. Conkers Bad Fur Day & Majora's Mask, mint condition and boxed.

Does an NGAGE phone count? not my smartest purchase at the time :oops:

I'd say anything boxed and mint condition from pre playstation era is considered rare.

Black Label Final Fantasy IX
Resident Evil 4 Collector's Edition (GCN)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN)

Had these, needed money, sold em off. Had the chainsaw GC controller & the Donkey Konga Bongo controller too.... all gone :(

Gamecube stuff will be expensive to hunt down and re-buy.

Very nice

Conker very hard to come by in that condition. I must be ocd but i won't buy games for N64 unless they are boxed with manual.

I'm a big Zelda fan but i'm ashamed to say i haven't played MM yet :0

I wish I kept all my old systems, had an Atari, Sega Master System, SNES, and Mega Drive; somewhere along the line they all disappeared. When I saw a SNES for $150 the other day I nearly lost it.

I only have a few PS2 games that "might" be considered rare in the future. Maybe HAunting Ground, God Hand, Valkyrie Profile 2, Silent Hill (2 or 3?) and a few other Japanese games. Metal Slug Anthology is nice but I think there is a digital version. I wonder if P)layboy Mansion will be worth anything.

Also, with the advent of digital re-releases I don't think many games will be considered rare in the future.

I wish I kept all my old systems, had an Atari, Sega Master System, SNES, and Mega Drive; somewhere along the line they all disappeared. When I saw a SNES for $150 the other day I nearly lost it.

I only have a few PS2 games that "might" be considered rare in the future. Maybe HAunting Ground, God Hand, Valkyrie Profile 2, Silent Hill (2 or 3?) and a few other Japanese games. Metal Slug Anthology is nice but I think there is a digital version. I wonder if P)layboy Mansion will be worth anything.

Also, with the advent of digital re-releases I don't think many games will be considered rare in the future.

Yeah I have wondered what the PSStore, or whatever it's called, has done for the price of the old PS1 games.

I've got a few old PS2 RPGs but they never seemed as difficult to acquire as the PS1 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back