What Car Do You Drive?

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I hear you but it wasn't the only problem I had - faulty heater which meant they had to pull the dash out (and broke the glove box), issues with diff bushes, etc. Plus having to pay for a loan car each time it was in for warranty repairs really pissed me off. Plus it was the 3rd Falcon I have had, and had stupid problems with all of them so time for a change!

And BMW don't have problems with the ZF. The issue is Ford's cheap cooling setup for the gearbox (Clubbie is manual anyway!)

Don't get me wrong - the Turbo was an awesome car for the money performance wise. However Ford need to fix a few things like quality control, rear traction and interior (driving position all wrong)...and it still looked like a black taxi with bigger wheels!

Agree. Ford not putting in a cooler was unacceptable. I don't think quality is any different between though (LS1/2 has shocking engine trouble requiring replacements...), just luck of the draw and both are pretty ordinary really.

My VX LS1 SS was a **** heap in the end, which is why I went to Ford as I have no preference either way. Holden don't offer a turbo or SC 6/8 which is surprising, with N/A 8s being limited if still powerful.

I agree there might be a fast taxi look with Fords, a least HSV look different for sure. You have done very well with your choice, definitely have sound as the HSV VE V8s sound sweet - that in itself is worth it! :D

Just put a downpayment on a 2004 Mazda 2 (blue of course, unfortunately not royal blue :( ) with only 20k km on the clock! Driven by 2 oldies for the last 8 years and serviced every 3k km lol.

Awaiting results of finance check but pretty happy if it goes through.

roosmad

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2007
Phoenix
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
millwall fc
1985 911, costs me nothing as it sits in dads garage, and has done for the last 11 years....:D
benefit of working over seas...:thumbsu:, money saved goes to debt reduction:p

2006 Royal Blue Mazda 6
1993 Mitsubishi Triton 4x4
2011 Toyota Hilux 4x4 (work car - not mine).

Replaced the Triton and the Mazda 6 with a 2010 Subaru Forester XS Premium (very sad to see the back of the Mazda, but it didn't meet the needs any longer).

Replaced the Triton and the Mazda 6 with a 2010 Subaru Forester XS Premium (very sad to see the back of the Mazda, but it didn't meet the needs any longer).

Had to convince Mrs SB about the Forester, but this ad got it over the line ;)

RoOGrrrl

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor
May 18, 2013
Truth or Consequences
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2006 Holden Adventra LX6, in 'Odyssey' (metallic blue/grey). So if you see one coming in the other direction give it a wide berth. :D

I am considering buying a Mazda CX5. Does anybody have one? If so, what do you think of it?
A workmate has one and is totally in love with it!

Have an Alfa Giulietta at the moment as my company car but the lease is up next month so have a Golf GTD on order as it's replacement. I'll miss the Alfa, the engine in particular (moving from petrol to diesel for the first time) but the Golf will be a lot more comfortable inside.

Back