Votes: 17 4.1%
  • West Coast

Votes: 26 6.2%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 88 21.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously I'm gonna say Collingwood. ;)
(I do actually think are a lot of negatives that come with being a "big" club - there is always attention on everything collingwood related, and anytime the club, or a player, is going well this cant be kept under the radar and the media blow expectations waaaaaay out of proportion... Plus our status means that our double up fixtures are against the big name clubs which historically are competitive games - eg. throughout the expansion years we have never had a return leg against either GC or GWS and would thus have missed out on the extra 4pts and %boost that came with those games).
-----

But realistically, and more fairly, its probably the smaller melbourne clubs. No matter what the interstate clubs complain about in terms of travel/expenses, they still have a true home ground - and thus have 10 games a year playing against a club who visits that ground once or twice a season... That is a luxury most melbourne clubs dont get. (except whoever gets to play against Freo in the granny).

While, other than their historical base (which is less and less a factor in modern day football) you wonder what leg ups a club like WB or North really get.
Are you Eddie Mac ??

It is my drunken conclusion that the supporters of every club in the competition feel as though their club cops an unfair amount of flak or mistreatment from everyone else in some way or another. From a Fremantle perspective it seems we always cop bias commentary and umpiring for away games being a pretty small club outside of Western Australia. But I can empathise with most clubs in one way or another, for example Collingwood cop a lot of flak for having a campaigner of a president and having whats perceived to be an uneducated supporter base.

But I wonder. Whilst everyone likes to be sympathised with, what club unfairly cops the most undeserved attention and/or mistreatment from the AFL and supporters?
Contrarily, I think the Tiges have been fairly derided the best part of 30 + years.

Went with the Eagles. Forced to host 'home' finals in Melbourne is ****ed. Umps don't like them either, it's no coincidence they're damn good at booing.

Well they've tried. Each time they've failed for a reason.

Maybe in the case of Fitzroy they were correct? Maybe they weren't large enough to justify remaining in the competition in their own right?
Not sure about this. I don't know if Fitzroy were a lot smaller than several other clubs, and the systematic starving of the Lions by the league means we'll never know how they could have gone.

I think it's safe to say that the league underestimated the genuine heartbreak it caused a lot of the Fitzroy fans, and the backlash ensured they won't want to do it again in a hurry. Hopefully the national TV rights money, which is based on 18 clubs, will keep the smaller clubs safe (until a 3rd Perth team becomes viable).

The league is more than the sum of its parts. Keeping the smaller clubs healthy and viable is all that keeps the league competitive. We wouldn't want to end up like the Scottish Premier League with only two clubs with any chance of winning...

Magically get the capital required to build our own stadium and convince the AFL to play us there.

Our clubs had **** all choice.

Exactly - it's like some people think the AFL would have happily let us keep playing at Moorabin and Whitten Oval. Neither club had an option and the AFL negotiated the stadium deals on our behalf.

I think it's safe to say that the league underestimated the genuine heartbreak it caused a lot of the Fitzroy fans, and the backlash ensured they won't want to do it again in a hurry. Hopefully the national TV rights money, which is based on 18 clubs, will keep the smaller clubs safe (until a 3rd Perth team becomes viable).

The league is more than the sum of its parts. Keeping the smaller clubs healthy and viable is all that keeps the league competitive. We wouldn't want to end up like the Scottish Premier League with only two clubs with any chance of winning...

Well said. It amazes me at how many people think clubs should merge or fold for the good of the league. Not only does it discount the emotional aspect of thousands of people losing their team and many being lost to football, it also ignores that much of the AFLs wealth is based on having 18 teams and 9 games a week to sell the TV rights for.

I wonder if those who constantly bleat about merging teams have ever spoken to a Fitzroy fan and asked how they felt or whether their dollars are still being put towards the AFL.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle:

-Hardly any concessions when entering the AFL compared to other teams.
-Flying long distances every fortnight.
-Always being shafted to Tassie and NT with minimal MCG games (also playing a final in Geelong)
-All the commentators hate us.

It's clearly us - we cop s**t umpiring, s**t fixturing and a s**t stadium deal, even the Moorabbin council screwed us over and forced our move to Seaford.

The media don't do us any favours either, the way they sunk the boots into us over the Kim Duthie scandal without researching the facts was disgraceful.

Went with the Eagles. Forced to host 'home' finals in Melbourne is stuffed. Umps don't like them either, it's no coincidence they're damn good at booing.

notsureifsrs.jpg

They are well ahead in the free kick differentials year after year and consistently get one of the biggest armchair rides at home.

Also I don't think they've hosted a 'home' final in Melbourne since the 90s.

Port- always somebody apparently screwing them over. The bloodsucking jealousy ridden SANFL and their insignificant clubs. The pigs-in-trough Adelaide Oval SMA. The biased drivel of the Advertiser. Crow-centric 5AA and MMM. Those bloody Victorian umpires. AFL fixturing.

I guess being in a "2 team town" highlights this moreso.

It's Bigfooty official

Hardest done by clubs:

1 Bulldogs
2 Hawthorn

But we will soldier on, in defiance of such disastrous odds through sheer will-power to achieve success and bring about the ire of the elite establishment. God bless America.

Carlton have been somewhat screwed over by FA Compo.(we got nothing for Waite pr Betts)

Not sure about this. I don't know if Fitzroy were a lot smaller than several other clubs, and the systematic starving of the Lions by the league means we'll never know how they could have gone.

3rd perth team became viable years ago.

Went with the Eagles. Forced to host 'home' finals in Melbourne is stuffed. Umps don't like them either, it's no coincidence they're damn good at booing.

The AFL has come out and said the Eagles will host the Prelim Final in WA If the Eagles earn the right to host it, so don't think WCE fans have the right to complain, in that regard.

Back