What colours are this dress?

What colours are this dress?

• Blue and Black

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • White and Gold

Votes: 98 73.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My eyes are pretty ****ed and I see black and blue.
It's some sort of conspiracy. It's black and blue. Belee dat.

How are people seeing blue and black? Or white and gold for that matter?

Copy this photo into Photoshop and play around with the eyedrop tool. You get variations of ice/light blue and gold/brown.

I don't understand what the illusion is supposed to be? Does it change based on monitors/web browser or what? Because I've seen it on TV, and it's light blue and gold, on my laptop monitor and it's light blue and gold, and on Photoshop it is still light blue and gold. Or is this just a massive lame troll effort?

Last edited:

Copy this photo into Photoshop and play around with the eyedrop tool. You get variations of ice/light blue and gold/brown.

I don't understand what the illusion is supposed to be? Does it change based on monitors/web browser or what? Because I've seen it on TV, and it's light blue and gold, on my laptop monitor and it's light blue and gold, and on Photoshop it is still light blue and gold. Or is this just a massive lame troll effort?

The illusion is quite simple

In the OP photo I see White and Gold (or maybe light blue and gold as you put it)

On the second page where the OP is quoted, I see black and dark blue. Same photo, different pages, different colors

My gf had the photo on her phone, we both looked at it and saw the two different colors

...Because the dress really is blue and black.

Does this look white and gold to you too?

41tKeXTE3eL._SY445_.jpg

I see red and black in the dress. Because it has something to do with a certain club who wear dresses.....

What colours do people see here for 1 and 2?

1:

WoJQQiv.png

2:

S6jjOJF.png

This is an all time great mind-*.

OP I see instantly as blue and black.

These two I see instantly as white and gold.

I did a test and held my phone with the op photo up against the two above on my screen - and it was like the photo in the OP turned white and gold.

BUT....when I took the phone away the two above then looked blue and black to me, as did my phone!!!!!!

Interesting. Just saw a post on facebook and the dress was this size. I saw it white and gold but then sat and watched as it turned back to blue and black.

WV6yt4z.png

This just happened to me too - started white and gold before drifitng back to blue and black.

The illusion is quite simple

In the OP photo I see White and Gold (or maybe light blue and gold as you put it)

On the second page where the OP is quoted, I see black and dark blue. Same photo, different pages, different colors

My gf had the photo on her phone, we both looked at it and saw the two different colors
You can get blue and black by adjusting the brightness down to -50, which looks closer to the dress as it would appear in real life without the flash. You can get to white and gold by adjusting the brightness up to around +40 in PS.

I don't see how anyone is seeing the pic in this OP as anything but light blue and gold/brown though. The lightest the dress gets is colour code 9eb3de which is a light blue, and the darkest it gets is colour code 403632 which is a faded dark brown.

eh, the last photo that was blue and black for me is now white and gold, cant get a blue and black version anywhere

i think its an illuminate test to work out which humans are worth surviving the cull, thoughts @littlegraham ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can get blue and black by adjusting the brightness down to -50, which looks closer to the dress as it would appear in real life without the flash. You can get to white and gold by adjusting the brightness up to around +40 in PS.

I don't see how anyone is seeing the pic in this OP as anything but light blue and gold/brown though. The lightest the dress gets is colour code #9eb3de which is a light blue, and the darkest it gets is colour code #403632 which is a faded dark brown.

I saw it as black and blue several times today

I dont know how either, but I did

My gf and I both saw different colors on the same device at the same time as well

...Because the dress really is blue and black.

Does this look white and gold to you too?
Is that the pic in the OP?

Copy the image in this thread into Photoshop, play around with the eye drop tool and see what unbiased colour code results you get. If it's anything but light blue and brown/gold I'll go hee.

I've seen this image on my laptop: light blue and brown/gold. I've seen it on TV: light blue and brown/gold. I've seen it on my iPhone: light blue and brown/gold. I've looked at it in Photoshop, and the colour codes suggest it's light blue and ****ing brown/gold.

I can't get it to look any other way. There's no white, black or dark blue on the dress what so ever in the picture.

Last edited:
There is no blue and gold

The white is actually a light blue, but its a completely different blue than the blue and black

There is "White and Gold" and "Black and Blue", its just the "White and Gold" is actually "A changing shade of white to light blue and Gold"

Is that the pic in the OP?

Copy the image in this thread into Photoshop, play around with the eye drop tool and see what unbiased colour code results you get. If it's anything but light blue and brown/gold I'll go hee.

I've seen this image on my laptop: light blue and brown/gold. I've seen it on TV: light blue and brown/gold. I've seen it on my iPhone: light blue and brown/gold. I've looked at it in Photoshop, and the colour codes suggest it's light blue and ****ing brown/gold.

I can't get it to look any other way. There's no white, black or dark blue on the dress what so ever in the picture.

I don't have Photoshop but I've seen it everywhere else, adjusted my brightness on laptop/phone etc and I always see blue and black. I'm not saying your eyes aren't seeing that way because it very well could be that your cones are just not that sensitive, just that is in indeed blue and black. There never was a gold/white design. Didn't take them long to take advantage of the hype either:

image.jpg

blue and black. The work place was divided all day. We just came to the conclusion that the rest of you are trippers :p

Back