Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

blue grenadier baked with shallots and white wine - once cooked i take the fish out and put the shallots and white wine over the stove and add cream which i pour over fish, cauliflower mash and steamed green veg (broccoli and zucchini)

That sounds awesome! Personally I cannot seem to find a dish where I like zucchini, but aside from that it looks good. Do you have a recipe that has a cream supplement, if you don't like cream? Would butter work?

I have been looking for a preparation recipe for this and they all seem to differ.

One of my issues is, as I'm not a fan is there a substitute for sauerkraut or would it be ok without it?
I'm not a big fan of sauerkraut but it just balances this sandwich, and in particular the onion, so well... I wouldn't know an alternative... Maybe a bit of braised endive?

That sounds awesome! Personally I cannot seem to find a dish where I like zucchini, but aside from that it looks good. Do you have a recipe that has a cream supplement, if you don't like cream? Would butter work?

That's crazy, it's such a great versatile vegetable that compliments so many things... If you want to try a good recipie with it I'd be happy to explain how my fiancée taught me how to make a genuine, south of France version of ratatouille, which is sensational on its own, or turned into a vegetarian pasta, or vegie lasagne that is delicious, and not anywhere near as heavy as a meat lasagne.

Only problem in aus is finding herb de Provence... It is not at all the same without it. And don't even think about using 'Italian herbs'.

Personally I love ratatouille with spicy sausage, or duck with slow pan fried scalloped potatoes cooked in duck fat.

Zucchini flash fried with good olive oil and herb de Provence is also an excellent side of greens.

Secret to loving zucchini, is finding herb de Provence IMO.

That's crazy, it's such a great versatile vegetable that compliments so many things... If you want to try a good recipie with it I'd be happy to explain how my fiancée taught me how to make a genuine, south of France version of ratatouille, which is sensational on its own, or turned into a vegetarian pasta, or vegie lasagne that is delicious, and not anywhere near as heavy as a meat lasagne.

Only problem in aus is finding herb de Provence... It is not at all the same without it. And don't even think about using 'Italian herbs'.

Personally I love ratatouille with spicy sausage, or duck with slow pan fried scalloped potatoes cooked in duck fat.

Zucchini flash fried with good olive oil and herb de Provence is also an excellent side of greens.

Secret to loving zucchini, is finding herb de Provence IMO.

I'd be more than happy to try your fiancés zucchini dish. Is that a dinner invitation?

I'd be more than happy to try your fiancés zucchini dish. Is that a dinner invitation?

Hahah she'll be back in 23 days,... My stomach can't wait. But it's useless with herb de Provence, which is a blend of dried rosemary, savory, thyme, oregano, basil, marjoram, and fennel seeds. Sometimes maybe a bit of lavender too.

Without it you're wasting your time

Hahah she'll be back in 23 days,... My stomach can't wait. But it's useless with herb de Provence, which is a blend of dried rosemary, savory, thyme, oregano, basil, marjoram, and fennel seeds. Sometimes maybe a bit of lavender too.

Without it you're wasting your time

I'll wait until she's back then ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

slow cooked lamb shanks in red wine, rosemary, tomato & onion. pretty damn good. the miss was impressed.

plus the lamb is straight from my fathers farm, so on top of it tasting heaps better than anything at coles or woolies it is also free :)

Ask your old man why I can't buy mutton anymore. I love that meat.

Really. Try it, ita amazing. I melted 80% lindt with some coconut cream and macadamia nut oil (double boiled over the stove) put wet skewers through streaky bacon rashes and bake in oven, when cooked let cool (leave skewers in) then dip in choc (also slightly cooled) and put in fridge until cold. Then eat all in one go. Flavor burst X 100

Remove this Banner Ad

Back