Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
Yeah, there is nothing really intricate about slow cookers.

What do people think of pressure cookers? My Dad loves his. I've never used one.
Cooks stuff faster and produces same flavour as oven really.

Secret to slow cookers is cooking time, the longer the better.

Apr 19, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Swans Blog
but can you cook? :)
Yeah I can cook. I haven't posted anything on this forum because I've been eating pizzas & pastas and getting fat off of decentish food with no effort involved :straining:

I'm a BBQ maestro, totally awesome on it. Can cook anything, even pancakes. And I can work with most proteins, chicken & fish are my best. That suggestion I made about stuffed mushrooms, ;);) Love cooking with gas, hate cooking with electric, just can't get the same consistency and heat. In my opinion, only thing electric is good for is consistent simmering (pastas, soups, stocks, bolognese). Depends on what takes your fancy, I always liked to try traditional food from different cultures.

I might be a bit rusty though... :confused:

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Reading up on both, and majority of people prefer the pressure cooker and actually say foods taste better with it. Leaning more towards a pressure cooker now, or even one of those 5 in 1 cookers, though I haven't looked into prices of those yet :|
I only have a slow cooker, sounds like they are better for soups or stews/casseroles which is all I usually use it for anyway but a pressure cooker is more useful if you want to cook a lot more stuff like big chunks of meat like silverside or chicken.

I only have a slow cooker, sounds like they are better for soups or stews/casseroles which is all I usually use it for anyway but a pressure cooker is more useful if you want to cook a lot more stuff like big chunks of meat like silverside or chicken.
Yeah and meat is what I want it for. I've ordered a multi cooker anyway, so I'll get the best of both worlds with this.

billyroo

Cancelled
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I can cook. I haven't posted anything on this forum because I've been eating pizzas & pastas and getting fat off of decentish food with no effort involved :straining:

I'm a BBQ maestro, totally awesome on it. Can cook anything, even pancakes. And I can work with most proteins, chicken & fish are my best. That suggestion I made about stuffed mushrooms, ;);) Love cooking with gas, hate cooking with electric, just can't get the same consistency and heat. In my opinion, only thing electric is good for is consistent simmering (pastas, soups, stocks, bolognese). Depends on what takes your fancy, I always liked to try traditional food from different cultures.

I might be a bit rusty though... :confused:
I prefer cooking with gas as well. Seems to taste better :) although Iknow that not true :). yesterday had the best steak T bone I have ever had in my life ........ with onions, potatoes , tomatoes .........YUmmmmm

I have a horrible electric stove so use a camp burner connected to a gas bottle out on the patio :)

You can either go outside and fry eggs in 5 minutes or you can wait 10 minutes for the electric to heat up and then wait another 10 minutes for the eggs to cook even on full heat :rolleyes:

Norwood1878

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Athelstone Raggies
My old stove was a halogen cook top and temp control was really poor. If i needed to cook something on low heat or simmer i would use a butane gas portable stove, very handy. Now i have a gas stove/oven.

Back