Food, Drink & Dining Out What did you cook for dinner last night?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, and its magnificent. Heaps better than rice and so easy and quick to make.......

Chop your cauli into small peices then pop into a food processor, completely cover with water and pulse for no more than 2 seconds (the water creates a vortex so its super quick and efficient) and strain. Thats it. Then steam and it's ready to go. Its brilliant with curry and after a kight steam you can fry it in oil and add chorizo, prawns, peas and some egg for the best fried cauli rice.

I do the same thing as a substitute for pasta. I never thought of it as a replacement for rice but good idea.

Thanks!

I do the same thing as a substitute for pasta. I never thought of it as a replacement for rice but good idea.

Thanks!
Just remember 2 seconds is perfect, 3 seconds is cous cous and 4 seconds is like puree. It's a very fine line when you have water in the processor. Also never load up the processeor with cauli, keep it around 1/4 full, just take your time and do it in heaps of smaller batches

And I do enough to last a few days and just keep it in an air tight tub in the fridge and just take it out and steam it when nesessary.

Just remember 2 seconds is perfect, 3 seconds is cous cous and 4 seconds is like puree. It's a very fine line when you have water in the processor. Also never load up the processeor with cauli, keep it around 1/4 full, just take your time and do it in heaps of smaller batches

And I do enough to last a few days and just keep it in an air tight tub in the fridge and just take it out and steam it when nesessary.

I'm too old and lazy to use the processor.

I just use a knife.

Spicy beans on toast with arugula.

I don't care for the word "rocket" when referring to leafy greens. I think we need to integrate our food names with America to make things easier to understand. Using the word coriander for seeds and leaf? Might there be a better way?

It just leads to watching recipe videos and thinking to yourself. What the * is chard?

8c3d6b798abde716d966c81d1027d439.jpg

Black beans with bacon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not cooking very much lately as it's too hot. I'm experimenting with different kinds of salad. Tonight was a coleslaw with eggs, bacon and aioli. Nice.

Same, I'm getting a bit sick of coleslaw though.
Dice tomato, cucumber and onion and marinate in balsamic or apple cider vinegar. Yum.

We've been getting ready for Xmas so we've made 800 grams of foie gras, plus another seperate 400 grams with fresh truffle. We bought the 45 gram truffle yesterday for 54 € and tonight had fresh truffle risotto. For entre home made salmon gravlax. Our dog ate the packets of duck liver, plus chicken wings.

It's cold but we all eat like gourmands.

Half a kilo of low fat mince, half a kilo of vegetables, half a cup of water and a heap of sichuan sauce. Eaten over two meals with 250 grams of brown rice and added chilli. Will cook the same thing tomorrow (missus is overseas for 3 weeks so I am back in the kitchen). Took the easy option tonight and bought from local Viet cafe - chilli mussels with vegetables.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back