What did you do today?

Remove this Banner Ad

My week-end was pretty quiet. Went to visit my brother in Bruthen (East Gippsland) on Saturday with my parents' and the kids'. Yesterday was spent mostly catching up on washing :eek:. Today has been the usual combo of housework and running around after the boys' with sport and school. Also had the pest control guy here after rescheduling from last week. Mowed the lawns this afternoon; they are going (growing?) mad at the moment with the two days sun/week-long rain weather cycle we've been having lately. Takes me about two hours to do them, and that's not including the fifteen minutes spent cussing at the mower while I try to get it started. Briefly considered whipper-snipperering, but decided that I couldn't, and for the safety of my limbs and digits, probably shouldn't.

I decided to go out for lunch with my mum this afternoon, then went to start my Christmas shopping with my girlfriend and her brother. Spent an hour or so by the lake, beautiful day today in regional Victoria, came home, washed my car and now i'm fighting myself to stay awake for no real reason at all..

I decided to go out for lunch with my mum this afternoon, then went to start my Christmas shopping with my girlfriend and her brother. Spent an hour or so by the lake, beautiful day today in regional Victoria, came home, washed my car and now i'm fighting myself to stay awake for no real reason at all..

You're organized. I normally pretend Christmas isn't really happening until Christmas Eve when I go into panic-mode and stay up until 3am filling Santa sacks (!!! - I hope there's no kiddies on here!), only to be woken up the kidlets at 5am. :eek::eek: B.C. (Before Children) I was only getting home at that time on Christmas morning, full of 'yuletide cheer' (and alcohol), naturally.

Speaking of washing cars, I'm going to have to do mine tomorrow as I went to get something out of it before and discovered some magpie has hit the Indian take-away a bit too hard and I have the most massive bird poo down the side of my car that I have ever seen. Appalling.

I started my christmas shopping as I am baking cakes for 3 different families this year. All I have to do is get my nieces and nephews something. The last couple of years I have bought them usb sticks which they have used at school for projects and other things. They will be getting those again along with some sovereign hill boiled lollies in the big jars. They all like different flavours too. My nephew loves caramel flavoured boiled lollies, one of my nieces loves raspberry and the other she loves mixed.

I started my christmas shopping as I am baking cakes for 3 different families this year. All I have to do is get my nieces and nephews something. The last couple of years I have bought them usb sticks which they have used at school for projects and other things. They will be getting those again along with some sovereign hill boiled lollies in the big jars. They all like different flavours too. My nephew loves caramel flavoured boiled lollies, one of my nieces loves raspberry and the other she loves mixed.
Thanks UF, now I have a craving for boiled lollies! :D:p The caramel ones sound intriguing; love anything caramel-flavoured.

What's everyone having for dinner tonight?

On the menu here: beef chevaps - burnt (I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere for Twinkletoes), mashed spudtatoes, peas, corn and carrots, and mushrooms sautéed in butter and seasoned with Red Kellys Tasmania Sunday Roast Grinder. :thumbsu:

Today was reasonably uneventful, but what a cracking day it was. I can certainly handle this sort of weather.

Went into town this morning. Had to go and visit the lovely :eek: people at Centrelink. Then I had to go and pick up some bread from Coles supermarket. Then went and caught a bus home.
Found that dog again wandering around a street near my place and stayed with it whilst the ranger was called. The dog was a friendly malimute/siberian husky and we found that the registration he was wearing was expired. Anyway he wasn't able to jump up into the back of the car. So I had to lift him up. He did that but we think he had peed all over himself so when i got back home I had to wash my hands.
Also at centrelink when I was waiting to be served there was this bald headed bloke who had decided to cause some damage by being in one hell of a shitty mood. He was really pissy at the staff at centrelink. There was some bad language in particular the word that rhymes with truck was used. Anyway am home now and am still waiting on news if I have gotten into my course.

Today I again didn't do a lot, went for a drive and had lunch with my mum, washed my car, then had roast pork for tea. Was very nice.

Didn't you just wash your car a couple of days ago S2A? If it excites you that much, you can come and wash mine!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably, my cats like to sleep on my car and I live on a dirt road so it doesn't stay clean for long! :p

Our cat Max loves to sleep on a freshly washed car, drives Mrs Baz nuts :mad:

Our cat Max loves to sleep on a freshly washed car, drives Mrs Baz nuts :mad:
A wise friend once said to me, regarding cats: "If it's made of warm, it's made for sit's." In the case of my cat, this applies to computer keyboards, recently-vacated shower cubicles (perhaps it's some kind of kitty-sauna?) and bathroom sinks, funnily enough.

Anyone got anything exciting planned for this week-end?

Tonight, my boys' are having a sleep-over at Nan & Pa's while I go to a Trivia Night. Has the potential to become messy, knowing the people I will be associating with. :eek: Tomorrow I'm taking kids' to the local Agricultural Show and will probably be conned into spending some ridiculous amount on crappy show-bags. :/ After that we're heading to the Island and going to watch the V8 Supercars on Sunday. :thumbsu:

Yesterday I went to the house my gf is housesitting at, walked the dogs while she was at work and had dinner ready for when she got home. Then we went and played mixed netball, we lost 8-41 or something like that :(

Today, I watched a replay of the draft on telly, then went to work, then got sent home because it was so quiet. Now i'm relaxing ahead of my tennis match tonight.

Had a pretty lazy day today. Mum cooked up a big stew for dinner which was nice.

Roogirl, I think I just noticed that i'm following you on Instagram. The one with all the pics of Aaron Edwards? :p
Not me, Spitta2Azza. I'm not on Instagram. :)

Anyone got anything exciting planned for this week-end?

Tonight, my boys' are having a sleep-over at Nan & Pa's while I go to a Trivia Night. Has the potential to become messy, knowing the people I will be associating with. :eek: Tomorrow I'm taking kids' to the local Agricultural Show and will probably be conned into spending some ridiculous amount on crappy show-bags. :/ After that we're heading to the Island and going to watch the V8 Supercars on Sunday. :thumbsu:

How did you enjoy the V8's ? I saw a little on telly and there seemed to be plenty of action!

I had a great week-end. Had a fun night on Friday at my kids' school's Trivia Night - not very well-supported by the parent population, but as usual, the people that were there were the ones' who like to have a good time! Followed it up with a quiet drink at the Pub on the way home.

On Saturday I took kids' to the local Show. Entered them both in a raffle for the Red Cross and the eldest won a Mike Hussey print with a mini cricket bat, signed and framed. :thumbsu: Left for the Island after that and had dinner that night at The Westernport in San Remo.

Sunday we went to the V8's. A great event, as always. The boys' absolutely loved the Freestyle Moto X Team, while as much as I love the main event, I have a soft spot for the Australian Touring Car Masters. There's nothing quite like the throaty sound of a XY GTHO or a HQ Monaro banging around the track.

Up early this morning for the two-hour drive home; dropped kids' at school and made it into work right as the 9:00am. news started. :thumbsu:

I had a great week-end. Had a fun night on Friday at my kids' school's Trivia Night - not very well-supported by the parent population, but as usual, the people that were there were the ones' who like to have a good time! Followed it up with a quiet drink at the Pub on the way home.

On Saturday I took kids' to the local Show. Entered them both in a raffle for the Red Cross and the eldest won a Mike Hussey print with a mini cricket bat, signed and framed. :thumbsu: Left for the Island after that and had dinner that night at The Westernport in San Remo.

Sunday we went to the V8's. A great event, as always. The boys' absolutely loved the Freestyle Moto X Team, while as much as I love the main event, I have a soft spot for the Australian Touring Car Masters. There's nothing quite like the throaty sound of a XY GTHO or a HQ Monaro banging around the track.

Me too:thumbsu: In case you missed them, there's a few TCM pics in my flickr photostream ;)

Up early this morning for the two-hour drive home; dropped kids' at school and made it into work right as the 9:00am. news started. :thumbsu:

Yeah, I've done that too, except I'm supposed to be at work at 8:00 :oops:

How did you enjoy the V8's ? I saw a little on telly and there seemed to be plenty of action!
Awesome thanks, Baz. I'm a bit of a rev-head (that tends to happen when you grow up in a family of car and bike-mad motor-mechanic's :D), so a week-end of getting high on petrol fumes (legitimately) and watching burn-outs is my idea of a fun time! Bit disappointed that Jonno Webb got taken out by that wayward tyre in Race 34. :( The week-end, not surprisingly, was dominated by Red Bull Racing, but we're set up for an interesting final round in Sydney with only 20 points separating the top two Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back