What did you do today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too:thumbsu: In case you missed them, there's a few TCM pics in my flickr photostream ;)

Yeah, I've done that too, except I'm supposed to be at work at 8:00 :oops:

I did notice that, I meant to comment on them earlier. :thumbsu: Love the photos of the Hot Rod's as well.

I did notice that, I meant to comment on them earlier. :thumbsu: Love the photos of the Hot Rod's as well.

Thanks. This year was the first we've missed going to Symmons Plains for a few years.:( I'm not a total Rev Head, but I do have more than a passing interest I guess. If pushed, I would say I was a Ford fan, it's about the only rivalry I have with my son, well, that and our music tastes tend to part ways at the extremes.

Thanks. This year was the first we've missed going to Symmons Plains for a few years.:( I'm not a total Rev Head, but I do have more than a passing interest I guess. If pushed, I would say I was a Ford fan, it's about the only rivalry I have with my son, well, that and our music tastes tend to part ways at the extremes.
I'm on the Red team, but I do have an appreciation for Ford's, particularly from the 70's such as the XB's, XY GT's and Mustang's. Long live the Muscle Car! :thumbsu:

I washed my hair tonight for the first time in about a month. :thumbsu: also plucked a hair from my beard that measured nearly five cm. How I still have a job in a cafe is beyond me!
Lol, you don't live in Nimbin or Byron Bay, do you?

I can't stand it if I go a day without washing my hair, and mine is super-long.

What did I do over the weekend? I celebrated my birthday. Even this morning I got a lovely present from my aunt and uncle. I got a few presents. All practical things. Mixing bowls are good for baking which I love doing. I think I might have my nanna's cooking genes. Have been baking biscuits and cakes for a few months now. I also got some pottery items.
Went out for dinner on Saturday night to the Royal mail hotel. Had a lovely roast lamb for dinner. Was full after all of that.
I did get a North Melbourne card. Not sent by the club but my brother and sister in law gave me that. In it there was a north melbourne poster.

ShinbonerBaz, I was at the Kustom Nationals at the Island last week-end. Some ripper cars there; you would've enjoyed it! It's for pre-1966 modified vehicles, although there were many other slightly more modern cars there along for the ride, such as some sweet HQ's. :thumbsu:

ShinbonerBaz, I was at the Kustom Nationals at the Island last week-end. Some ripper cars there; you would've enjoyed it! It's for pre-1966 modified vehicles, although there were many other slightly more modern cars there along for the ride, such as some sweet HQ's. :thumbsu:

HQ's... meh...:p...only joking...........but pre 1966 Rods!!:thumbsu:. Did ya get some pics? I don't know why 1966 is some magical cut off year though, it really isn't that long ago, is it? :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's everyone been up to?

Back at work, mostly bog standard days, haven't been anywhere exciting lately. Weather hasn't been great here the last couple of weeks, bit warmer today though, so I've just got home and am posting from my back deck with a beer in hand.

HQ's... meh...:p...only joking...........but pre 1966 Rods!!:thumbsu:. Did ya get some pics? I don't know why 1966 is some magical cut off year though, it really isn't that long ago, is it? :oops:

I didn't take any pics, but the kids' did on their iPod's. I've had a quick look at them and they're a bit dodgy, which you'd expect from Primary School-aged children. Not sure why 1966 is the cut-off? There was a Cobra there which was pretty amazing-looking; lots of Chev's :p, quite a few Falcon's. Unfortunately it's the same week-end as the Summer Nats, but it still had a excellent turn-out and the Island was rockin'. Friday and Saturday nights they had the main streets blocked off in San Remo and Cowes and all of the cars lined up, bands playing, people everywhere and a great atmosphere.

Speaking of bands, Stonefield played at 'The Westernport' in San Remo the week-end before - if I'd known I would have made the trip to watch them. Coming up in a couple of weeks they have Tex Perkins and Jebediah. :thumbsu:

Back at work, mostly bog standard days, haven't been anywhere exciting lately. Weather hasn't been great here the last couple of weeks, bit warmer today though, so I've just got home and am posting from my back deck with a beer in hand.

The next week here is forecasted to be from the high twenties to the high thirties. Summer has finally arrived.

Went to Cape Grim for work today, took a few pics, but they're still in the camera o_O. Here's one I took on a trip there in 2012, the two close Islands are called "The Doughboys"

A bit of info about Cape Grim here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Grim

7418381180_501e8e379b_c.jpg

Getting everything ready to go back to uni to study certificate iv in information technology over at Federation University Australia Mt Helen. It's getting closer to the start of the course. I start march 3rd.
I was over at my parents place doing a few things.
Now I'm sitting down watching the footy. Glad that it's back.

Spent the last few days painting our deck, built it in 2005/2006, it's bloody big and if I knew then what I know now, I probably would have stained it instead.

Archie, our Black Lab has been helping too, he's looking much more like a Chocolate Lab at the moment. :)

Getting everything ready to go back to uni to study certificate iv in information technology over at Federation University Australia Mt Helen. It's getting closer to the start of the course. I start march 3rd.
I was over at my parents place doing a few things.
Now I'm sitting down watching the footy. Glad that it's back.

14 posts, Banned o_O

Pinched a pallet from a work site around the corner. Decided I'm going to sand it down and turn it into a vege garden for my apartment balcony.
221-pallet-garden-complete-300x169.jpg

Also went to bunnings to look at clotheslines. Hills retractable ones are a touch expensive and others have terribly low weight capacities. Decided I'm going to make a double pulley system across the balcony that can be taken down quickly when not in use.

vermont-clothesline-1.jpg

Pinched a pallet from a work site around the corner. Decided I'm going to sand it down and turn it into a vege garden for my apartment balcony.
221-pallet-garden-complete-300x169.jpg

Also went to bunnings to look at clotheslines. Hills retractable ones are a touch expensive and others have terribly low weight capacities. Decided I'm going to make a double pulley system across the balcony that can be taken down quickly when not in use.

vermont-clothesline-1.jpg

Have thought about a line using some sort of pulley system for under our deck in bad weather. Love to know how you go.

Have thought about a line using some sort of pulley system for under our deck in bad weather. Love to know how you go.
I'll let you know. Seems easy enough. There are kits available but most are cheap and plastic looking. Parts can be expensive too because they need to be sourced from the US. On ebay I found a set of 4 heavy duty pulleys ($14) that hold 40kgs each. Polypropylene rope is cheap. Rope tighteners will set me back $30 for 2 with shipping. All up $50 for two lines whereas a retractable would set me back ~$200.

Have a dryer but after reading the breakdown of pricing for all household items I'd rather only use it in case of an emergency.

http://bigredcouch.com/journal/?p=4960

this thread still going? Yesterday went to see the German cruise ship that docked in Portland Lovely to see, and hopefully good for the future of Portland

Yesterday I got confirmation that i'm officially off to Holmesglen in Chadstone next year to study Sports Media! Very excited about the news, means i've got to relocate though which will be tricky. If anyone has room for me in western Melbourne give me a holla ;)
Well done :) Congratulations :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back