Remove this Banner Ad

Sman-21

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just got a Playstation 4.
First console since Playstation 2 i have owned.

Just wondering what i need to connect it to the internet?
Im on Bigpond cable connected to my PC.
My modem is the old black motorola surfboard one.
Cant just plug playstation into the back of the modem as there are no spots for it to plug in.

Cant just plug playstation into the back of the modem as there are no spots for it to plug in.
Use wirless function,

Buy a wireless router. Then you can use if for laptops, tablets, etc. if you need to.

You could buy a 4-8 port switch so you have more ports. But the best bet is to buy a wireless router so you kill 2 birds with one stone.

Something like this. Should cost under $30 (MSY have them for $25)

http://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704039

Ok Thanks.

With the wireless router thing is it possible to plug the playstation into it so its a solid connection instead of wireless.
Wireless isnt the best option for online gaming and should always go wired option if close enough to each other.

Ok Thanks.

With the wireless router thing is it possible to plug the playstation into it so its a solid connection instead of wireless.
Wireless isnt the best option for online gaming and should always go wired option if close enough to each other.
Yes this is possible.

Ok Thanks.

Where possible I go a wired connection. Naturally there are some items that are wireless only (Nintendo, tablet, phone etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back