What do people think of Creationism?

Remove this Banner Ad

I place creationalists in the same category as the anti vacc crazies and anti global warming crazies. They all angrily ignore/refute credible science in favour of ridiculous, foolish dogma. They all use pretty similar tactics.
Not surprisingly you regurgitate one conspiracy theory (the one used by the anti Vacc lobby). Others, Global warming denialists, claim that scientists are part of a massive communist conspiracy to take over the world.
In other posts you seem to argue that religion is essential for ethics. Religion has, of course, been used to exploit people far more than science ever has.

People high up in vaccine manufacturing have openly stated on record that vaccines are dangerous. You are the one who denies evidence out of hand because it clashes with your dogma and what you have been told to believe by someone else, not me.

Scientists are pawns being used to push an agenda. They simply do as they are instructed to do, which they are all led to believe is good. The whole conspiracy thing works on a need to know basis. Of course science is only one tool that is used, it's things like finance and media that play a much broader role.

See, you know I am right you just can't admit it for whatever reason. Most likely because it means you would have to change your worldview.

nah, it's just pointless arguing with children who have such a skewed view of reality. pretty much anything can be viewed with such a negative bent, so have at it. i won't stop you.

People high up in vaccine manufacturing have openly stated on record that vaccines are dangerous. You are the one who denies evidence out of hand because it clashes with your dogma and what you have been told to believe by someone else, not me.

Scientists are pawns being used to push an agenda. They simply do as they are instructed to do, which they are all led to believe is good. The whole conspiracy thing works on a need to know basis. Of course science is only one tool that is used, it's things like finance and media that play a much broader role.

hahahaha.

Ruunmm mn Rruuen rrurur rrujmem e...God said...mmdndndh nddhd mmdn hhd nnd keeoe....bible....msmmshttgr ....kdkdjdjfh nndndnsms word of the lord....akakmsmshhenn.

What was that load of tripe you posted?

Life exists because I conjured it with my consciousness so don't tell me why I let you exist...chum.

You believe what you read, then read under my avatar.

This thread is the Brand New Testament.

Don't worry, you're not the only one who failed to understand my point. Most of what I say goes whooshing over the head of people in here, hence all the ridicule.

nah, it's just pointless arguing with children who have such a skewed view of reality. pretty much anything can be viewed with such a negative bent, so have at it. i won't stop you.

It's reality, I just see things the way they are. It's shitty, yes, but I'm not going to polish a turd and believe it's gold just because I refuse to accept its a turd the way you guys do.

It's reality, I just see things the way they are. It's shitty, yes, but I'm not going to polish a turd and believe it's gold just because I refuse to accept its a turd the way you guys do.

it's nice to know you have such a mature and balanced view of the world :drunk:

I rest my case.

Precisely. I do have favourite scientists, as that's an actual profession and discipline. Atheism isn't. Dawkins' pure science books such as The Ancestor's Tale or The Blind Watchmaker are far better than The God Delusion.

What about your Scientist/Creationist Favourite Kent Hovind ??.

Sums up the bigoted atheist attitude towards anything and everything to do with God. Arrogance must be a virtue for you guys. Don't you see that material science which you ram down everyone's throats, whether they like it or not, has absolutely no golden rule of ethics? Things are done because it is possible to be done, whether it benefits humanity or not (usually it doesn't). Now, I by no means am against material science, I simply see it for what it is, and that is a means to an end, not the end itself. It simply records and measures external existence and answers the how questions, it has no business answering the why questions of life. Religion is the internal search for truth, the why questions. In case you weren't aware, there was a time when Religion, Science, Philosophy and Art were taught in temples as being one and the same, because they all work in conjunction and harmonise. These things were separated to allow them to grow independently. Science has become totally arrogant and devoid of temperance with the heart, while religion has been sucked of it's real and true spiritual teachings that give the soul nourishment.

Life exists because ALL life emanates from the one source; God. It manifests itself in physical bodies in accordance with its level of consciousness and self-awareness. Take a look at nature for example, do you not see the great and infinite patterns woven into it? The way plants unfold themselves with fantastic mathematical precision, effortlessly and with ceaseless repetition? All of creation is a reflection of the infinite and divine love that is driving it.

Actually, science is entirely neutral in anything and everything, for the most part. It's the manner in which scientific discoveries get used that is more telling - the discovery of how to split the atom is a good example - on the one hand, we had people who wanted to make bombs - on the other hand, we had people who recognised the enormous potential for clean energy.

It is how humanity chooses to use the tools science has given us that defines those tools.

Without science, and without the ongoing process of learning and discovering things about the universe we live in, we would not have electricity, nor books, nor homes. That process of learning has been crucial to us - as has the process of evolution - that has allowed us to develop as a species from primitive mouse-like creatures during the era of the dinosaurs to the most dominant species this planet has ever known.

Religion has a great many problems with ethics. People try to use religion to justify all kinds of terrible deeds. Islamic State uses their beliefs to wage war and commit all kinds of atrocities. Christian fundamentalists often campaign against what people do in the privacy of their own home (look at their protests of gay rights as a good example of this). Religion has fueled the Northern Ireland Troubles and countless wars throughout history. Science may have paved the way for someone to make a better spear or bigger gun, but religion has often been the force driving someone to desire a bigger gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that medicine is a good example.
Much of medical science seems to be based on observable effects, without knowing the underlying reasons.
For all the scientists know, god put magic sprits into Quinine to drive the evil spirits out and we need to find other trees we can eat for other evil spirits.

That's a good place to start for any of you who truly are interested in the nature of reality, and what exactly The Bible means when it states that God created us in His image.

That's a good place to start for any of you who truly are interested in the nature of reality, and what exactly The Bible means when it states that God created us in His image.

condom-head-o.gif

Another good place to start!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. Enjoy living blind to what has always been in front of you.
xcGmXgw.gif

I'm enjoying my life, without having to live by the book you can find in most hotel rooms.
I think it's for when you run out of loo roll. But luckily I've not had any need for it yet!

Turns out, I don't need religion not to kill people!

Evidence that Dinos lived at the same time as humans!
Therefore creationism!

s5GEPVz.gif

See the petrol station in the background?
Big pharma tried to hide this image, but it was leaked!

xcGmXgw.gif

I'm enjoying my life, without having to live by the book you can find in most hotel rooms.
I think it's for when you run out of loo roll. But luckily I've not had any need for it yet!

Turns out, I don't need religion not to kill people!

Just watch the video. Only takes 10 minutes. If you approach it with an open mind your life will change for the better, I guarantee it.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. - John 1:5

There's always need for Jesus Christ, in moments of strength or weakness.

Just watch the video. Only takes 10 minutes. If you approach it with an open mind your life will change for the better, I guarantee it.

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. - John 1:5

There's always need for Jesus Christ, in moments of strength or weakness.
2hpso5j.gif

John doesn't know s**t!
There is no darkness. You can't make dark!

Who is John? Sounds like an uneducated hippy!
Is he?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back