What do they check at the MCG gates

Remove this Banner Ad

PieFromFitzroy

Draftee
Jan 18, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hold reserved seats in the Ponsford and won't be able to go to the Pies/Carlton game on Friday night :-(. The rest of my family is going though and I'd like to give my seat/ticket to my sons girlfriend. I know the memberships are not transferable blah, blah but am wondering what they actually check at the gates on the way in? My son often gets pulled up for his ID (he's on a junior membership) but I reckon that's cause he's 6'3" and really looks like he may not be 15 (which he is!). My sons girlfriend is an adult (no she's not the 15yr olds girlfriend - one of my older sons!). Do they check gender on the gates or does the gate just show that the person has entered on an adult pass? It seems like a pity to have my seat go empty and as I said I know the memberships aren't transferable etc. but I figure who does it hurt since I'm not going.

Any advice appreciated.

Dad gives his membership to my sister all ten time, they never check.

Well they check concessions a lot, but as long as she gets an adult ticket she'll be fine.

Dad gives his membership to my sister all ten time, they never check.

Well they check concessions a lot, but as long as she gets an adult ticket she'll be fine.
Thanks - I thought as much. Just didn't want her to go along and then get turned back at the gate...

Before I could get a membership back in my high school days from 2007-2009 when I went footy a fair bit I always use to buy junior tickets for 2.20 and just go to games. If it was a big game we would just get children under 6 which would be around the same price and we would have a reserved seat and it always worked.

Sadly those good days are gone now and as a uni student I can get in with a concession. It was so fun though as it always worked. They have caught on to people doing that and now all the check is basically just that, so if you are a concession all you need to have is proof of that and off you go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back