• Drop him and let him go via free agency

Votes: 82 51.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great kick???????

He's a fcuking awful kick. Hit one lace out job to Rioli in the 3rd and then butchered it horrendously when the game was in the balance in the last. Under no pressure with a couple of easy options mind you. It unfolded right in front of me on the city wing. Kicking is more the just technique (not that Suckling's technique holds up under heat), it is also about making the correct decision. And he is shamefully lacking in that department.

That clown cost us the game tonight. His lairising is costing us big time and will continue to do so until somebody gives him a message and sends him to Box Hill.
Can we send him to Sydney instead. It's a win win.

Great kick???????

He's a fcuking awful kick. Hit one lace out job to Rioli in the 3rd and then butchered it horrendously when the game was in the balance in the last. Under no pressure with a couple of easy options mind you. It unfolded right in front of me on the city wing. Kicking is more the just technique (not that Suckling's technique holds up under heat), it is also about making the correct decision. And he is shamefully lacking in that department.

That clown cost us the game tonight. His lairising is costing us big time and will continue to do so until somebody gives him a message and sends him to Box Hill.
Wow, way to zero in on 2 words in my post at the expense of absolutely everything else in it.

Two mistakes. Out marked by McVeigh and that shank after the intercept mark. Both very costly in the context of the game. Needed to do better.

So Suckling lost us the game!?

And the mistakes in the last 15 minutes by Breust, Gibson, Cyril, Roughie, Hill, Lewis, Poppy, Ceglar, Smith, etc, etc, etc didn't make a difference?

We win as a team.
We lose as a team.

I actually thought Suckling had played pretty well up until those two mistakes in the last quarter. He seemed to go when it was his turn.

And the mistakes in the last 15 minutes by Breust, Gibson, Cyril, Roughie, Hill, Lewis, Poppy, Ceglar, Smith, etc, etc, etc didn't make a difference?

We win as a team.
We lose as a team.

Yep all those Blokes made mistakes, but Sucklings incipit kick was a disgrace. Who the f..k does he think he is? If he plays another game for this club I'll be f..ked.

Plus Bruest, Roughead, Puopolo and Gunston need to pull their heads out of their arses and do something, for f..k sake!

We win as a team.
We lose as a team.

Davo, your a good poster so happy to disagree but respect your view.

But. Did you attend the game or watch on TV?

I'm sure if you watched on TV you would have got a different perspective of what Suckling was doing or way more importantly what he wasn't doing like laying a TACKLE or BUMPING an opposition player in an "unsociable way". It was those things missing from his game tonight that showed he does not belong at this club. Bruise free football is not the Hawthorn way.

Last edited:
Don't reckon one person can ever be totally singled out as being responsible for a loss, but gee, if ever you wanted to stake a claim for that very thing, Suckling's performance tonight would warrant it.

He is physically very weak, gets pushed off the ball way too easy - can rarely have confidence in him to win a one on one. The problem is compounded when we are under the pump. When the heat is on, the team has it's back to the wall, decision time is cut and everything becomes so much harder - and he gets exposed terribly. When we are flying, cruising, he can get out and off a man and has the space and time to execute correctly - ala most of last year. Big difference for a physically weak guy with limited skills. The more he screws it up, the more he will doubt himself, the worse it will get/ is getting.

For what it's worth, I personally can not see one thing he brings ahead of Doc. The jaw dropping 60m bullets to target have basically dried up. The rest of his game is miles behind a stronger bodied option. Spang when fit, Doc, obviously the Skip to come back, no doubt a couple in the magoos ie JO and Ando.

Our game plan simply does not seem to require his attributes anymore, and suffers dramatically for his shortcomings. Basically my observation.

Clarko seems to love him and backed him in public at the presser - which is good. If he is going to bake him behind closed doors is best for all. Think we went through this with Murphy, then Ellis. We just cant carry him anymore I don't reckon and hope he goes back to the twos. No disrespect to him but this is for big bikkies.

On a bright note, my God we could be stuck with Gary Rohan. FMD has there ever been a more useless, clumsy, just hopeless player to pull a jumper on? It could be so much worse.

Suckers out, Hodgey in we win. Me grandma and balls but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His 'amazing' kicking is the biggest myth in football and it's the only reason he is in the side. Go figure.
Someone once in the media said he was the best kick in the comp and then it kept getting repeated and repeated in the media. And still does.

It is a genuine myth his kicking. More shanks than a butcher. He had 4 kickouts in a row v GWS and did not hit a target. Tonight that one in the last quarter was disgraceful.

Someone once in the media said he was the best kick in the comp and then it kept getting repeated and repeated in the media. And still does.

It is a genuine myth his kicking. More shanks than a butcher. He had 4 kickouts in a row v GWS and did not hit a target. Tonight that one in the last quarter was disgraceful.
Someone in the media (I think it may even have been Lethal Leigh) actually said he's the best kick in the history of the game. He started to believe his own press, and he's gone downhill since.

He was playing alright and kicking well up until the last quarter. One of a few that cost us the match although his mistakes actually cost us goals at a very important time of the match.

Time for a rest son.

last night in the 2nd qtr, Gibbo under no pressure handballs to Suckers near the boundary in the back 50 and the 3m handball misses him and lands at his feet about a metre In
front of him and goes out of bounds and the people on both sides of me both say "ohhhh bloody Suckling"

the guys a scapegoat plain simple.

last night in the 2nd qtr, Gibbo under no pressure handballs to Suckers near the boundary in the back 50 and the 3m handball misses him and lands at his feet about a metre In
front of him and goes out of bounds and the people on both sides of me both say "ohhhh bloody Suckling"

the guys a scapegoat plain simple.

Bullshit! Open your bloody eyes.

Last edited:
Should be burned at the stake... Oh and thanks lethal for pumping this gits tyres... Thanks alot

Bullshit! Open your bloody eyes.

Open your other one, he was ten times the player Roughy was last night. set up a third of our goals, won or halved key one on ones, made goal saving tackles but shanks one kick (one of about 40 by the team) and he lost us the game. I guess its his fault the ball went unchallenged 150m after he turned it over In the forward 50 ?

There were 3 just as bad or worst mistakes just in the 2 minutes after that' turnover by Smith, Breust bad Cyril but it's all Suckers fault.

Back