Sport What do we do with Witsend if his son plays for Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its funny that ive often wondered what it would be like to passionately barrack for The cats your whole life and then if your son is lucky enough to get drafted you obviously follow him in his football life. I suppose it would be great if it happens.

I would cease to have a son.....

Its funny that ive often wondered what it would be like to passionately barrack for The cats your whole life and then if your son is lucky enough to get drafted you obviously follow him in his football life. I suppose it would be great if it happens.

have to ask Jack Watts father ...

My eldest brother's youngest son is a Essendon supporter.

Big bro tells me that he still loves his son......but not very much.

Oh, and he is out of the will.

My eldest brother's youngest son is a Essendon supporter.

Big bro tells me that he still loves his son......but not very much.

Oh, and he is out of the will.

My sister in law is a Carlton supporter, and she "brainwashed" my brother into supporting them as well. I still get a laugh out of the fact the first season they became Carlton members was the first year in Carlton's history they ended up "winning" the wooden spoon. :p

I also went to the game in 2002 with them where Riccardi kicked the goal after the siren. They were very lippy after Lappin put them in front, but were remarkably quiet after Riccardi's goal. :D

My sister in law is a Carlton supporter, and she "brainwashed" my brother into supporting them as well. I still get a laugh out of the fact the first season they became Carlton members was the first year in Carlton's history they ended up "winning" the wooden spoon. :p

I also went to the game in 2002 with them where Riccardi kicked the goal after the siren. They were very lippy after Lappin put them in front, but were remarkably quiet after Riccardi's goal. :D

Didn't they tell you it was "touched"? :D

Hahahaha - good one Winty! I love it! + :hearts: Riccardi :hearts:

Yeah, Ricco's a top bloke. Used to play indoor cricket against him. Ran him out once too when his partner went for a suicide single and I ran in and whipped off the bails. :D

Yeah, Ricco's a top bloke. Used to play indoor cricket against him. Ran him out once too when his partner went for a suicide single and I ran in and whipped off the bails. :D
Yaaayyyyyy Winty!

Are you going to the Saints game?

I've been giving Witsend's son and his career at Geelong some thought. I think Witsend should write to Stephen Wells, as Max Rooke's Dad did - he loves Geelong Cats, is a good player, please give him a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Schofield's late father was my mums boss for 23 years. Will's family are all huge Geelong fans, and maintained their GFC membership after Will was drafted to the Eagles. My mum is also friends with Shaun Higgns' grandmother. She was a huge Cats fan all of her life but dropped the Cats when Shaun was drafted to the Doggies. She has a Dogs membership now instead of a Cats one.

Graham Cornes' sons were obviously drafted to Port Adelaide. He hates Port Adelaide more than just about anyone else in Adelaide, so whilst he's obviously proud with how his boys have turned out, and supported them as much as he could, he could NEVER barrack for Port. I guess different people react differently so it comes down to the individual and their circumstances.

Haha, just remembered this thread.

My brother and sister-in-law gave me a framed photo of my nephew wearing a Carlton top a few years ago. Funny thing was he was teething at the time and his cheeks were red. I said something like "He looks embarrassed. No wonder, look what he's wearing!" Needless to say, the sister-in-law didn't see the funny side of that.

Not quite the same, but a mate of mine was a passionate Richmond supporter his entire life until two weeks into his job with North Melbourne in their media department. He said you just couldn't not support the team you were a part of because you got to know the players and coaches, and just wanted them to succeed. Still has a soft spot for the Tigers, but when it's Richmond v. North he's on the North bandwagon.

Not quite the same, but a mate of mine was a passionate Richmond supporter his entire life until two weeks into his job with North Melbourne in their media department. He said you just couldn't not support the team you were a part of because you got to know the players and coaches, and just wanted them to succeed. Still has a soft spot for the Tigers, but when it's Richmond v. North he's on the North bandwagon.

Interesting. I know for a fact the marketing manager at Geelong back when I did voluntary work at the club back in 2000 was a Hawks supporter. :thumbsdown:

I'm sure he didn't divulge that information at the interview, or else he wouldn't have got the job! :p

Will Schofield's late father was my mums boss for 23 years. Will's family are all huge Geelong fans, and maintained their GFC membership after Will was drafted to the Eagles. My mum is also friends with Shaun Higgns' grandmother. She was a huge Cats fan all of her life but dropped the Cats when Shaun was drafted to the Doggies. She has a Dogs membership now instead of a Cats one.

Graham Cornes' sons were obviously drafted to Port Adelaide. He hates Port Adelaide more than just about anyone else in Adelaide, so whilst he's obviously proud with how his boys have turned out, and supported them as much as he could, he could NEVER barrack for Port. I guess different people react differently so it comes down to the individual and their circumstances.
I think Lachie Henderson's father still continues to support a club other than Carlton, just can't remember which one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back