What do you do and how much do you make?

Remove this Banner Ad

Im the local Drug Dealer (bottleshop manager)
Just a couple of dollars short of 50k Per year Bonuses which are around 10k all up

s**t conditions, s**t management and overall an underwhelming underappreciation of your job by area/state management. looking to get out ASAP

Hi Guys

I was formerly the Prime Minister, and Forgeign Minister, applying for my old job again on Monday.

Earning around 450k again hopefully.

Wish me luck.

Cheerio.

Have recently started work as an ATM technician.

Work 4 days on - 4 days off. 12 hour days.

53k + super.

It's not really about the money though. All that time of is brilliant for spending time with the family.

I work in finance at an engineering firm...$65,000+ super at the moment but will be going up to $75,000 in the next few weeks.

I've been treading water for a year or 2. My partner and I have plans to move to the US and start a business over there. We'll both sell our houses over the next 3 - 6 months and head off to the US with about $250k. My thoughts are that while i'm still young enough I should take some risks and try turn that $250k in to a whole lot more.

The renos were supposed to have been finished 6 or so months ago but for one reason or another have been delayed. With the US trip having been planned for about a year, its been hard to keep motivated at my current job.

I've been working the 9-5 job for the last 6 years, time for something different

I work in finance at an engineering firm...$65,000+ super at the moment but will be going up to $75,000 in the next few weeks.

I've been treading water for a year or 2. My partner and I have plans to move to the US and start a business over there. We'll both sell our houses over the next 3 - 6 months and head off to the US with about $250k. My thoughts are that while i'm still young enough I should take some risks and try turn that $250k in to a whole lot more.

The renos were supposed to have been finished 6 or so months ago but for one reason or another have been delayed. With the US trip having been planned for about a year, its been hard to keep motivated at my current job.

I've been working the 9-5 job for the last 6 years, time for something different

That's a ballsy move, going to start up a new business in the US with the current climate. However I am an advocate of the only way one will make money is not working a 9-5 job for someone else under a salary, but if they take risks, so I wish you good luck.

I was an engineer up until 12 months back when I decided to follow my own path, and started up my own business as a mortgage broker. The good thing is while I'm building up my client base, my old engineering company is calling me back (average of 4-5 days per month) for contract work where I am getting 3 times what my hourly rate was, so that's supplementing my income.

That's why I left Coles. They pay s**t.

Not always. I work in Coles head office in an admin role $85k lol. That's not the average salary for my role but a result of moving around in head office in a variety of other roles. I was in a slightly higher role a few years ago that I didn't love so decided to step back for a better work life balance. They didn't drop my salary lol.

Not always. I work in Coles head office in an admin role $85k lol. That's not the average salary for my role but a result of moving around in head office in a variety of other roles. I was in a slightly higher role a few years ago that I didn't love so decided to step back for a better work life balance. They didn't drop my salary lol.
They pay their department managers crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a whelk fisherman.

And depending on the seas conditions during the season I can haul in an income of anywhere between 50 to 200K.

I'm a whelk fisherman.

And depending on the seas conditions during the season I can haul in an income of anywhere between 50 to 200K.

Interesting. How do you go budgeting your year with such a wide range in regards to potential income? If you have a morgage is it a mortgage that you could pay off earning $50kpa or is it somewhere between? Same would go for rent as well I guess?

Agricultural producers have access to tax concessions that allow them to smooth their cashflow somewhat. e.g. he would pay little if any tax during the years he earns $50K and a huge slab of tax in the years he earns $200K.

I'm a very high-ranking politician and earn $450k a year.

Very happy with that wage, considering my job mostly consists of doing nothing.

Interesting. How do you go budgeting your year with such a wide range in regards to potential income? If you have a morgage is it a mortgage that you could pay off earning $50kpa or is it somewhere between? Same would go for rent as well I guess?

When I can't catch my required quota of sea slugs I start betting on anyone playing the NY Jets.

Raking it in...thanks Rex:thumbsu:

I am a PA and earn more than other admin's in my area for the same work, as I am a contractor. It sucks because I am looking for a new job and the $200 p/w loss will hurt.

good luck! its nice to have dreams and ambitions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back