What do you do with Shane Watson?

Remove this Banner Ad

What has marsh done any time recently? Neither have done much recently and hence Watson should get in based on security.

Watson's form doesn't warrant security.
I guess we should have stuck with Siddle instead of bringing in Hazlewood against India?

Since the start of 2014, Marsh averages about twice what Watson does with the bat.

And is in great form at the moment.

Because apart from a hot spell 5 years ago, Watto is the definition of mediocre. Mitch Marsh is showing ability and also better chance to bowl more overs, helping the team. How do you think Watto is better than Marsh?
He has performed previously against good sides marsh hasn't pretty simple.

I'll do a wager with all of you: if Watson plays and he scores less then 100 over the first test, I will say he is a terrible cricketer and marsh is better. If he scores more you guys have to stop talking s**t about him until the end of the ashes.

I'll do a wager with all of you: if Watson plays and he scores less then 100 over the first test, I will say he is a terrible cricketer and marsh is better. If he scores more you guys have to stop talking s**t about him until the end of the ashes.
Deal.

I'll talk s**t about anyone whenever I want thanks. What the hell do you think forums are for?

Watson's form doesn't warrant security.
I guess we should have stuck with Siddle instead of bringing in Hazlewood against India?

Since the start of 2014, Marsh averages about twice what Watson does with the bat.

And is in great form at the moment.
Not in test cricket.

At test level since Marsh made his debut

Shane Watson - 6 tests, 274 runs at 27.4 Got to play 4 tests against India at home on the flattest Australian wickets of all time. Failed whenever we were under pressure
Mitch Marsh - 4 tests, 262 runs at 37.42, played two tests in a series we were absolutely thrashed in. Performed under pressure.

He has performed previously against good sides marsh hasn't pretty simple.
Against the current top 4 sides according to the rankings he averages 28.5

At test level since Marsh made his debut

Shane Watson - 6 tests, 274 runs at 27.4 Got to play 4 tests against India at home on the flattest Australian wickets of all time. Failed whenever we were under pressure
Mitch Marsh - 4 tests, 262 runs at 37.42, played two tests in a series we were absolutely thrashed in. Performed under pressure.
Is this enough for you gym4life? Marsh made his debut, two less tests and didn't get to bat on a freeway yet made 12 runs less than Watto.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we speak marsh is getting belted around the park.

Watson was playing better opposition. Much better.
Pakistan, in Pakistan where 3/4 of the team went s**t, is easier than India, in Australia, on a deck like the bloody Mitchell Freeway? You're joking right?

As we speak marsh is getting belted around the park.

But no-one is talking about getting picked on the basis of bowling. It's the batting that is at issue. Watson is a good bowler for how they want the fifth bowler to work.

I expect Watson to be picked and I'll be hoping he does well. Our 6 and 7 are a massive hole at present.

Since the last Ashes series both Watson and Mitch Marsh have played 10 first class matches and batted in 15 innings* including the just completed first innings against Essex

Code:
              Mat Inn NO Runs HS  Ave   100 50
Mitch Marsh    10  15  3  797 211 66.42   3  1
Shane Watson   10  15  0  493  81 32.87   0  3

Marsh's three not outs
101* retired against Kent
6* hit the winning runs against India
2* overnight when match was abandoned

Proven gun. Marsh hasn't proven he can stand up when it counts. Honestly has never even proven he is any good at test level.

Watson a proven gun, I've heard it all now! Been near on useless for 2-3 years now. Gun lol

Since the last Ashes series both Watson and Mitch Marsh have played 10 first class matches and batted in 15 innings* including the just completed first innings against Essex

Code:
              Mat Inn NO Runs HS  Ave   100 50
Mitch Marsh    10  15  3  797 211 66.42   3  1
Shane Watson   10  15  0  493  81 32.87   0  3

Marsh's three not outs
101* retired against Kent
6* hit the winning runs against India
2* overnight when match was abandoned
Hmmm why do I get the feeling the selectors will pick Mr. DRS regardless...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back