Prediction What do you want to see/looking forward to in 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals.
Beating Carlton twice.
Young guys getting better.
Would really love Cloke to become awesome again & Moore to be a star by year's end.
& no injuries!

(Was thinking that I'd like a win against Hawthorn but I think now after winning 3 in a row their supporters wouldn't care TBH)

Reid playing a full season. The 3 seasons before 2010 he hardly played. Time for a good run
Treloar delivering lace out to Cloke/Moore/Elliott
Beating Hawthorn
Beating Geelong handsomely (by 100 points)
Mason Cox debuting and dominating
Freo not making the eight and Ross Lyon deserting for a team close to peaking
Richmond imploding
The Essendon drugs saga ending with guilty verdicts
Jesse White playing on a wing
Brian Taylor having his contract terminated
Rex Hunt giving it away
KB retiring
Damian Barret admitting a) that he knows nothing about footy and b)and he can't write
Buckley winning coach of the year but the megathread rolling on in its own deluded fashion
World peace

I'm looking forward to seeing the boys we recruited in recent years step out closer to men and playing as such.

If we land both Treloar and Aish I'd like us to take a chance on somebody with a little bit of magic about them. These two appear to be very solid young citizens so it couldn't hurt to throw someone from a different background a lifeline what they produce on field in special. I'm not speaking of Bennell. The guy who interests me is Shane Yarran. We won't lose much in terms of drafting currency and if he were to work out the upside appears massive.

One player already on our list has me close to a fat attack of epic proportions and that's young Darce. Watching a few replays in the last couple of weeks has me pumped about watching our entire junior corps but the sh#t this kid does has to watched over and over in real time and slo-mo to build a real appreciation of how good he is. The fact he's ruckman height still has me soiling the man nappies I wear when I watch our wins from this year.

Im really looking forward to our young back 4, in Marsh, Maynard, Sharenberg and Ramsey getting a full preseason under their belt and continuing to grow

Reid playing a full season. The 3 seasons before 2010 he hardly played. Time for a good run
Treloar delivering lace out to Cloke/Moore/Elliott
Beating Hawthorn
Beating Geelong handsomely (by 100 points)
Mason Cox debuting and dominating
Freo not making the eight and Ross Lyon deserting for a team close to peaking
Richmond imploding
The Essendon drugs saga ending with guilty verdicts
Jesse White playing on a wing
Brian Taylor having his contract terminated
Rex Hunt giving it away
KB retiring
Damian Barret admitting a) that he knows nothing about footy and b)and he can't write
Buckley winning coach of the year but the megathread rolling on in its own deluded fashion
World peace

Would make a great miss universe response. :thumbsu:

You know, this might just be the normal pre-season excitement factor being influenced by trade week, but if enough stuff goes right, I don't see why we couldn't creep towards the 4 next year. Given we lost something like 6 games by 3 goals or less all to sides that finished above us this year.

But we'd need a lot to go right.

- Full year from Reid
- Good year from Cloke
- Bring in Aish and Treloar
- Further development from De Goey, Grundy, Moore, Scharenberg
- Straighter kicking in front of goal

That's a decent list, but if that sort of stuff goes right, we could surprise a few next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that we've had the stupid sub rule thrown out (can we get compo for ruining Swanny's career?)

Now I wanna see the AFL get serious about this stupid trade season.
I know its all theatre and its designed to keep AFL in the news for the weeks leading up to the draft......yadayada.....but seriously

Do it in one day.....then the "draft desperates and trade officianados" can dissect it for three weeks if they want. All the rumour and innuendo is painful because it confuses the poor unfortunates that think its all real.

I wanna see A single trade day.......let's see the managers do their work in the open!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back