What does BenKen need to do to get a game?

Remove this Banner Ad

He trained today so he must have got over Glanduler Fever quick.

Great news! Although when I had glandular fever I would occasionally wake up feeling all better and go into work only to hit the wall after 3 hours and struggle home to bed.
Just hope the kid's ok and running around in the seniors soon.

Ben's still trying to get to grips with the compartment syndrome and then he got a dose of glandular fever early in the week. He got told that he got lung cancer from a few smokes that he had behind the shelter shed back in glenelg and he still isnt sure whether he'll need a pacemaker after the club doctor detected an abnormal heart rhythm before training on wednesday. He's doing fine and no of it should be stopping him playing VFL this week.

Why do people keep saying he doesn't have the tank? Didn't he just have an injury free pre season? The guy attacks the contest and pill at full speed harder than anyone. If he isn't getting a game due to illness then fair enough though.

It's a 2014 thing. Coming off the preseason compartment syndrome surgery to both legs he struggled to build fitness which is why he was the sub so many times. That and his timetrial results this preseason weren't too flash. But I'm with you, if not the for glandular fever I think his preseason form was deserving of games.

Who was it said that he had glandular fever? (Wasn't it TD?). All this verbal huffing and puffing over the midget man's loss for the year was apparently for nothing. Everyone I ever knew with glandular fever was practically on their death bed for months.
No, I believe Scodog10 has a source inside the club that confirmed it.

I've had glandular fever and it knocked me on my arse for a month, but people have been known to recover quicker. If BK did have it and is back training though it would have to be a record recovery :eek:

I've had glandular fever and it knocked me on my arse for a month, but people have been known to recover quicker. If BK did have it and is back training though it would have to be a record recovery :eek:

You'd have to assume the 'source' was wrong or misleading.

I had glandular fever, confirmed by a blood test, had prednisolone for 72 hours and was fine within a week.

Well you had Broomhead and Pendles had it when they where Drafted and I think they where out for more then a Week.

So guess your 1 was not super bad

I had glandular fever, confirmed by a blood test, had prednisolone for 72 hours and was fine within a week.
Lucky you! I wasted away on the couch for a month and then took another 2 weeks to get back to full duties at work. Lost 5kg, which doesn't sound too bad, except I was only 71kgs (@ 5'11) beforehand :confused:

Lucky you! I wasted away on the couch for a month and then took another 2 weeks to get back to full duties at work. Lost 5kg, which doesn't sound too bad, except I was only 71kgs (@ 5'11) beforehand :confused:
Similar story. I was bed ridden for 6 weeks and lost 8 kg. Took a good 3 months to fully recover. It is a horrible illness.

Ben's still trying to get to grips with the compartment syndrome and then he got a dose of glandular fever early in the week. He got told that he got lung cancer from a few smokes that he had behind the shelter shed back in glenelg and he still isnt sure whether he'll need a pacemaker after the club doctor detected an abnormal heart rhythm before training on wednesday. He's doing fine and no of it should be stopping him playing VFL this week.
That's ridiculous no one would waste a pacemaker on him if he is checking out with lung cancer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He trained last week after I'd been told his issue so I'm personally not taking that as gospel that he's in the clear.

I don't know anywhere near enough about that illness so I can only really confirm that it's what there were/ are concerns over and it's why he missed last week's practice match.

My two cents on it, considering what's taken place with Witts and Reid, I'm assuming there's something wrong until he plays. If that's this weekend then happy days!

So basically what you're saying is that Apex36 is notably promiscuous with his tongue?
Funnily enough, I hadn't kissed anyone for weeks before I was struck down. I have nfi how I picked it up, but ottoman is correct in saying that kissing is the most common way to contract it.

I woke up with glandular fever this morning. I had a strong cup of tea and I was fine to go to work. BenKen is obviously a lot softer than me.
So you start the day off with Tea. You are harming your reputation Jmac. I would have expected you to kill off the disease with a nice cold beer.

So you start the day off with Tea. You are harming your reputation Jmac. I would have expected you to kill off the disease with a nice cold beer.

I'm going to hit it with a hot toddy tonight. Bloody throat is killing me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back