What does each club request for their fixture each season?

Mogwai

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2012
The Capitol
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Central Coast Mariners
Richmond have not played GC in Melbourne yet.

We have not played WC at the G since Jack kicked 10.

Who do you reckon they will fixture against Essendon in the early rounds?
I predict
R1 Essendon v GWS
R2 Gold Coast v Essendon
R3 when the six months is up Essendon v Hawthorn

Asada

King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Can we play West Coast in Sydney and Freo in Perth (H/A) for once please? The last time either of those happened was in 2010.

And make Collingwood play away from home at the SCG.

Collingwood haven't played Sydney at the SCG since 2000.

When does the contract with ANZ Stadium expire?

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes. North, bullies, Melbourne, hawthorn, Saints and Geelong all request a home game vs Collingwood at the MCG. They basically say, we don't care what else happens as longs as get this fixture. The smaller clubs make about 350k net profit from these games.

Hawthorn request 7 home games at the MCG, 4 in Launceston and all games against fellow MCG co-tenants at the MCG (for designated home games for members)

Given our Tasmanian agreement it doesn't matter who we play at the MCG ($$$ wise). In fact when Jeff Kennett was president he requested games against Geelong (avg 74000) and Collingwood (avg 75000) over the last 7 years be played in Launceston to line the Tasmanian government pockets.

With respect to financial benefit derived from games that would ultimately depend on whether the game was at the MCG or Ethiad and how many members already have season tickets. For the Hawks, 25000 members have season reserve seats at the MCG so the degree of importance of a high drawing club is far less than for clubs with much smaller membership. Deduct MCC and AFL members (40000) and you're looking at 35000 or so General Reserve seats for sale.

Alternatively the Demons have about 10,000 (based on MCG map) or so season reserve seats so a game against Collingwood or Essendon would probably be worth far more to the Demons than it would us.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
1. Queens B'day
2. Our Darwin and Alice games (presuming we have to request them)
I hope we ask for:
A balance footy positive and commercially viable fixture ie. at least a share of free to air games, games against bigger teams earlier in the season etc
A bye the week AFTER our Darwin trip
Just 1 Friday night game

Do clubs have to request not going to Perth twice a year? Non consecutive 6 day breaks? Minimal Sunday twilights?

I mean if you had 22 requests you'd write your own fixture. I guess you preference some things and hope the AFL splits the share of the dud things.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawthorn haven't played in Geelong since 2006.
Collingwood haven't played in Geelong since 1999.
Carlton haven't played in Geelong since 1997.
Essendon haven't played in Geelong since 1993.

Given recent Geelong v Carlton gates at Ethiad there probably isn't much of a reason why the Blues should travel down to KP especially with the list now in rebuild

Sunners

Debutant
Nov 19, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
All the clubs put in fixture requests but that doesn't mean they'll get them. Melbourne ask year after year not to have a home game at Etihad Stadium but they have had them (Rd 19 against Brisbane this year). The swans have been asking to have a real home game against Collingwood at the SCG but that hasn't happened. The lions don't get the number of games they request in Melbourne each year. Clubs all request not to have consecutive 6-day breaks and not many 6-day breaks at all but they do happen and a few clubs do have to travel to Perth twice, although no club would want to (All clubs must go to Perth once and a few have to twice, to ensure West Coast and Freo always alternate home and away games so they don't travel in consecutive weeks at all).

I do feel this year some requests may be granted. For instance I feel many clubs will request more crowd-friendly time slots (Saturday afternoon at the MCG) and they'll be granted.

King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
Swans havent missed a home game against Collingwood for ten years. Maybe we can get two games against GWS.

The last time Sydney missed out on a home game against Collingwood was 2002.

In that time Collingwood have only had 4 home games against Sydney.

Your club is due for two trips to Perth (last time was 2002) and two trips to Adelaide (last time was 2006).

zaca275

Team Captain
Apr 22, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Arsenal
All I want is for my club to request a night showdown. Last 7 Crows home showdowns have been on a Sunday and I am fed up with it. Thursday night showdown would be great as there is no way ch7 would allow to non victorian teams to play on a Friday night.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
All I want is for my club to request a night showdown. Last 7 Crows home showdowns have been on a Sunday and I am fed up with it. Thursday night showdown would be great as there is no way ch7 would allow to non victorian teams to play on a Friday night.

I'd love a Friday night showdown & Friday night Derby great games to watch.

Back