Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

No! Pics?
No. surely someone has it on foxtel IQ
I remember ;
#43 hawthorn jumper from his first game
#18 Big V from his first state game, the one with the southern cross shield
SA state jumper he swapped with Aish in the 89 epic from the MCG
Teal cup Guernsey Big V
Collingwood Guernsey he wore in the first Anzac day match

Sorry to go off topic, but does anybody know what team this is? Picked it out at a Burley Sekem clean out last year.The picture isn't very good but it's basically a blue chevron with an Eagle and yellow background.
image.jpg

Nah mate I meant on the SOO ones they wore they had a WA state logo over the black sash like you can kinda see on this screenshot (25 on the right hand side)
View attachment 71706
Apologies, I didn't see that part of the question. Personally, I dont think its actually a WA top. Using the picture below from footy jumpers and your picture, it looks like
1- the collar is a simple V-neck whereas there were flaps included on the actual ones.
2- it doesn't look like there is any mark where the patch would've been placed and removed
3- the colouring isn't right. Yours looks to be a blue, almost like a Claremont blue (?) whereas WA was Black.
4- the sash. Yours is curved whereas any sashes used by WA were straight and reached all the way to the bottom, rather than the hip, where yours is

werfw3fwef.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies, I didn't see that part of the question. Personally, I dont think its actually a WA top. Using the picture below from footy jumpers and your picture, it looks like
1- the collar is a simple V-neck whereas there were flaps included on the actual ones.
2- it doesn't look like there is any mark where the patch would've been placed and removed
3- the colouring isn't right. Yours looks to be a blue, almost like a Claremont blue (?) whereas WA was Black.
4- the sash. Yours is curved whereas any sashes used by WA were straight and reached all the way to the bottom, rather than the hip, where yours is

View attachment 71709

Cheers mate! The guernsey is definitely black but the other information is all good to know!

1996 Centenary player issue away

It has been signed by the 1998 team:confused: Not really sure why, and that is a little dissapointing, especially to have names on there that were'nt on our list in 1996. Still very hard to find these days, would much prefer it had no sigs at all but didn't want to let it slip just because of that.

Number 37 on the back, was worn by the very deocrated Craig Smoker, who played a grand total of 0 games for us!!

IMG_9505.JPG
IMG_9507.JPG
IMG_9508.JPG

Great jumper mate! Didn't last too long, you must have made a good offer. As the price was rocketing very quickly! Congrats, was hoping it was a #27 on the rear.

Great jumper mate! Didn't last too long, you must have made a good offer. As the price was rocketing very quickly! Congrats, was hoping it was a #27 on the rear.

Yeah it was a bit of an awkward situation, I made the dude an offer before there were any bids on it, then while I was waiting for a reply I shat myself thinking that someone would bid on it, so I threw up a max bid a fair bit above my offer, the guy replied and agreed, then a few minutes later someone else outbid my max bid, so it was a little messy, but the seller agreed to sell it for the original agreed price and pulled down the listing.

I was pretty sure the other person bidding on it was a regular on here, so I messaged him about it and explained what happened. He had every right to be dirty about the whole thing as at the time it was taken down, he was winning, but he was great, understood what happened and hopefully no hard feelings.

What do you guys think about offering sellers a certain amount whilst the auction is up and runing?? I personally have only done it a few times, and it's always been when there are zero bids on it. I kinda feel like it's against the spirit of ebay, but I guess in the end it's the sellers choice to take or leave the offer.

That was pretty good of the seller to honour the offer he accepted, i'm sure a few more bids would have came via auction and saw the price rise more.

That was pretty good of the seller to honour the offer he accepted, i'm sure a few more bids would have came via auction and saw the price rise more.

Yeah I reckon had it gone the full time, think it had about 22 hours to go when I made the offer, it would have probably got up to close to 1k. I messaged the seller and just said, look someone else has bid on it, what happens now, fully expecting him to just say tough luck, but he was pretty adamant that a deals a deal so I was more than happy to go with that:D

Still feel bad about how it happened, as if I was in the other bidders situation I would probably feel pretty cheated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back