Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

DEMONS22

Senior List
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings,
I have run out of room on the pool room walls, now thinking on the roof! I like the idea of the secret passage to a lair. Not sure the wife would be keen

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Great to see so many people who have the same addiction! Currently have 28 Framed Melbourne Jumpers with another 8 currently at my Framers. Will try and work out how to add photo's.

Also interested in any MFC jumpers for sale

Really keen to see your collection if you'd be happy to share. :)

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
QOeffXM.jpg
nhlYTHw.jpg
wrZePju.jpg

ytdLGlk.jpg

sorry, they're sideways and out of order, but you can guess which one is from which.
Greater Gattsby i'm still trying to get pictures of the 1930s North jumper for you

(edit)
Mero are these 2001? i thought the AFL had the new logo by then.

These are pre 2000. Logo change was at the start of the 2000 season.

i didn't know the year so i went by mero's site, and guessed 2000, they must be 98 or 99, i know they're both from the same season.

HUGE night on the Crows auction site, selling off all the match worn and player issue jumpers from this year (Including the SANFL jumpers which were not sold as retails).

Managed to grab Brodie Smith PI SANFL for $180, Matt Crouch match worn clash for $150 and Matt Wright PI SANFL for $140.

Will probably sell the Wright jumper, but absolutely rapt to add an SANFL PI guernsey to my collection. Especially considering that only 40 or so people will own one.

Cole Dammett

Backyard Cricket Hero
Apr 7, 2007
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bays - Giants - Bite
HUGE night on the Crows auction site, selling off all the match worn and player issue jumpers from this year (Including the SANFL jumpers which were not sold as retails).

Managed to grab Brodie Smith PI SANFL for $180, Matt Crouch match worn clash for $150 and Matt Wright PI SANFL for $140.

Will probably sell the Wright jumper, but absolutely rapt to add an SANFL PI guernsey to my collection. Especially considering that only 40 or so people will own one.

I got the James Battersby, was the cheapest of the MW ones because I was out getting a yiros for dinner when the PI ones ended, I assumed they all ended at 8pm!

Damo Crows Fan

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2009
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

How much for SANFL jumpers?! Where is the site?

sammy_mac

Debutant
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I picked up Jake Kelly match worn SANFL.

I think the Lyons one went for just over $300. I was bidding on it but once it went over $250 I pulled out.

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers

Let me know if you are going to see the Wright one? I missed the auction unfortunately...

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Hmm so good!

Where did you get that from!!

Got it off gumtree, was only up an hour then I saw it and pounced!! The bloke was selling a heap of framed sports stuff from his office, actually had another exactly the same as this one but with more sigs on it and a different number, one of the eagles collectors on here got that one!!

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
Got it off gumtree, was only up an hour then I saw it and pounced!! The bloke was selling a heap of framed sports stuff from his office, actually had another exactly the same as this one but with more sigs on it and a different number, one of the eagles collectors on here got that one!!

Its unreal! I can never seem to find good ones on gumtree! I would imagine that was very very pricey?

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Its unreal! I can never seem to find good ones on gumtree! I would imagine that was very very pricey?

As Chris who said, good prices on both of them, not as expensive as you would think. He's also right that the pre season ones seem to come up fairly regularly. I reckon it's because they had entire sets of the woollen ones made up for the 96 pre season but switched to the polyester ones from round 1. It seems like most the pre season ones were signed an framed and flogged off so I would have to guess there would have been close to 100 of them made up and sold or auctioned, or given to sponsors. My navy one had a swan brewery plaque on it.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I've always thought the long sleeve wings looked kinda odd. But for some reason be it the material, or maybe just the size of the wings, I like them on 90's eagles jumpers.

I don't really like the sleeves either, but it seems like majority of these pre season ones that people have got are long sleeve. I've seen another 4 or 5 that all are, so maybe being pre season (pretty hot in most parts of the country) they were never used or needed so they were the ones framed up and sold/auctioned. Both on mine are long sleeve and both look to never have been worn, brand new, no pilling, no marks or anything, so they were likely signed and framed straight away.

Back