Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, to the North melbourne collectors on here. Did North ever have jumpers in the early 90s made by the "australian garment manufacturers melbourne" . At the same time NZI insurance & BCA were sponsors?

Hey guys, to the North melbourne collectors on here. Did North ever have jumpers in the early 90s made by the "australian garment manufacturers melbourne" . At the same time NZI insurance & BCA were sponsors?
Sorry man, I've got no clue, but maybe a pic might help?

Sorry man, I've got no clue, but maybe a pic might help?

Here it is, I came across this recently and it just doesn't look/feel right. The 96 century logo has been sewn on over where the traditional AFL logo was & its on the opposite side. The manufacturer is Australian garment manufacturers Melbourne " and the material just doesn't feel right, feels like "fake soccer jersey" type material. And its basically see through. Anyone got any ideas.

PB250057.jpg

PB250060.jpg

PB250063.jpg

That's a strange one. It looks like a training jumper, but kind of like the centenary badge has just been plonked on:confused:

Going off the afl photos website, North had hypertec pc as their sponsor in 96, there is one pic on there that shows that style of guernsey, but with nzi as the sponsor, but normal AFL logo, looks to be 1997 (guernsey looks like polyester, not woolen, old school style).

Have you tried contacting the club and asking them if they know anything about it? Surely there is someone there from that era that might know something.

Here it is, I came across this recently and it just doesn't look/feel right. The 96 century logo has been sewn on over where the traditional AFL logo was & its on the opposite side. The manufacturer is Australian garment manufacturers Melbourne " and the material just doesn't feel right, feels like "fake soccer jersey" type material. And its basically see through. Anyone got any ideas.

PB250057.jpg

PB250060.jpg

PB250063.jpg

That was floating around on Ebay recently wasn't it?

I think it's legit (to a degree), a training guernsey from '95. It's definitely not from '96, the Centenary badge is a later addition and has't even been added to the right side, should be on the right breast. The numbers are a home-made addition as well. BCA were a secondary sponsor around that time as well, and in '95 we experimented with those new sports wool jumpers.

Pretty sure it's not a fake, but has some extra additions, whether to try and increase it's value or not, who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not too sure on the specific year, but today I picked up what appears to be an Eagles 2000-2002 player issued bag. Can any of the West Coast folk on here provide any more information?

DSCN2557_zps7004df1c.jpg
DSCN2562_zps74089437.jpg
That's awesome, but who is TRG?

That's awesome, but who is TRG?

I'm not too sure about that one.

The previous owner looks to have got good mileage out of the bag, but I certainly won't be taking it out and about. Knowing what some of our players were up to in those days, I don't think I want to risk the possibility of sniffer dogs tearing it to shreds.

TRG

Training
So they had different bags for games? Or would this have been an equipment bag owned by the club which had balls, markers, cones etc.?

Went to the Port Store today to look at the new teal Port Adelaide pre season jumper and was impressed so I added it to my collection :)

Now my collection is
2015 PA teal pre season
2014 PA Elimination Final Prison Bars
2012 PA home
2006 PA SBS home long sleeves
Late 90's PA SBS home with some sigs on back
Custom Pukkah Sports PA mostly teal vees

Custom TWP green Australian jumper- LeeARM's comp winner from a couple of years ago
2009 Brisbane home (last year before the Paddle-pop Lion)

Went to the Port Store today to look at the new teal Port Adelaide pre season jumper and was impressed so I added it to my collection :)

Now my collection is
2015 PA teal pre season
2014 PA Elimination Final Prison Bars
2012 PA home
2006 PA SBS home long sleeves
Late 90's PA SBS home with some sigs on back
Custom Pukkah Sports PA mostly teal vees

Custom TWP green Australian jumper- LeeARM's comp winner from a couple of years ago
2009 Brisbane home (last year before the Paddle-pop Lion)
It actually looks really good. I'm impressed with it.

Yeh Im happy with it. I didnt want to buy it online because I wasnt entirely convinced that it would be all that, so I went out to the Port Shop to see it in the flesh/fabric and liked it.
The fella at the Port Shop said the teal jumpers have been hugely popular and theyre look at having to make another order to fill the demand, and thats before it is even seen in the NAB Cup/Challenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back