Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure these have been made up after 96. The replica re-enactment jumpers that were available at the time didn't have sublimated numbers or sponsors.

Yeh only the number is sublimated all sponsors badges are stitched. They're the polyester replicas. And I'm confident they are the real (replica) deal considering they are original (not the modern knock off) centenary badges and were bough from a well known collector and ex-collingwood player.

Some of my collection, mainly my Carlton PI's. Some brand new still with tags, others match/training worn. Could be persuaded to sell some of these (excluding North guernsey) if anyone is interested.

4YmQf4.jpg

nwHDl5.jpg

VwF3Gw.jpg

eGy9NW.jpg

gExfj9.jpg

iW52CR.jpg

fOzBvk.jpg

As for the authenticity of Mr Doyle's merchandise I got my PI Collingwood re-enactment jumper from his shop many years and am very happy with it.

He is a good bloke, and his guernseys are as good as they get.

Only problem is he played for Collingwood... :p

A couple of cricket items picked up recently.

First of all, PI 1992 Australia. Un-issued as no name or sleeve patches applied. No long sleeved replicas were ever available.

B4ki4YCCUAAXYkU.png

And second, 3/4 sleeved PI 2007 Australia Away, a favourite of Ricky Ponting when fielding. I believe these were only used (with the Travelex Sponsorship) on a tour of India. Fully embroidered Coat of Arms (replicas were printed on). Also interesting is the hand written swing tag.

B4ki2GRCAAA3zEh.jpg

Last edited:
If you're looking to buy a 2010 home jumper, there's a shop in the city (Melbourne) called F1 memorabilia or something. al you do is walk in, go downstairs and turn left. That room has all old memorabilia (eg. Collingwood 2012 home, freo 2012 home etc.) They also sell 2015 ISC stuff and that horrible Hawthorn polo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're looking to buy a 2010 home jumper, there's a shop in the city (Melbourne) called F1 memorabilia or something. al you do is walk in, go downstairs and turn left. That room has all old memorabilia (eg. Collingwood 2012 home, freo 2012 home etc.) They also sell 2015 ISC stuff and that horrible Hawthorn polo
i love that store, was in their on the weekend such a good store

yeh i think i did? the only problem is the price though like i saw a 2011 bulldogs clash for $80 :/
They were pretty expensive especially for old jumpers. The prices were appropriate for 2013 jumpers not 2010 jumpers.

With 2014 coming to an end now, I thought I would share with you the additions to my collection from the last 12 months. Admittedly, the majority of them are just retails. But I'm pretty happy with what I've ended up with.

AFL:
guernseys2.jpg
Hawthorn, 1997 Pre-Season/Away
One of my all-time favourites. I knew that these could go for a high price on eBay and when I saw it, I don't think there were any other bids. Some dropkick sniper did try and outbid me at the very last second of the auction but only tried to go an extra dollar or two higher than the current bid while my maximum bid was much higher so they still missed out. No sympathy for him!

Greater Western Sydney, 2012 Home
Now I wouldn't go as far as saying they are a second team of mine, but I don't mind GWS at all. From living in Sydney's Western Suburbs many years ago, I guess I have a small soft spot for the Giants. I'm also one of the minority who actually like the guernsey. It's unique but not over the top with gradients or stupid logos. Plus, I needed something to wear to work to stir up the Carlton supporter when GWS beat the Blues earlier in the year.
Brisbane, 2007 Heritage
I don't know if it's because I miss the days seeing Fitzroy out on the ground or if its simply the bright colours... When I really got into collecting guernseys this year, I knew I had to have one. I thought it was going to be a while until I did find one at a good price but not this quickly. By sheer luck, one of the sports shops in town had one just hanging on the sale rack! The next size up would have been perfect but I'm not going to complain with this for a find.
Hawthorn, 2013 Premiers
A mate of mine who lives in Melbourne was able to get a couple of signatures on it for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get more of the premiership side to sign it for me next year.

New Zealand Hawks, 2014
I never was much of a fan of Hawthorn's Hawk Head clash guernsey design so when I saw the original NZ version I didn't think much of it. Months later I had a change of heart but was disappointed to find out that both Hawthorn and AFL NZ had discontinued the guernsey and replaced it with the new chevron design. Then came another few months of indecisiveness until a decent tax return this year proved itself to be as good of an omen to order one. I actually quite like it. It's good to wear when I'm out for a run or even just around town without standing out like a sore thumb.
NT Thunder, NEAFL, 2014
I like the Thunder's guernsey design and I'm keen to get an example from every major league in the country.

Box Hill Hawks, VFL, 2012 PI number 19.

Greater Western Sydney, 2014 Clash
Like I said before, I like GWS and their guernsey. I really like this year’s clash too. I find it nice and comfy when I'm out for a run too.

Hawthorn, 2014 Premiers

New Zealand Hawks, Original
Lucky find on eBay only a few weeks ago. Pretty stoked that it still had the tags.

Hawthorn, 2004-2005 long sleeve.
My wish list
· Another Hawthorn Pre-season/ Away but Puma branded with sublimated logos. (My one is made by Sekem with the logo’s stitched on).
· 1998-1999 Hawthorn Home Guernsey (Where Samsung is the Guernsey sponsor)
· 2010-2012 Hawthorn Kokoda
Also to continue with my plan to get a Guernsey from every major league in the country:
· VFL – Port Melbourne
· VFL – Tasmanian Devils original Guernsey when they joined the VFL in the early 2000’s
· SANFL – Port Adelaide Magpies
· WAFL – Claremont Tigers
· TSL – North Launceston Bombers

Most of them shouldn’t be too hard to get hold of. It’s just a case of me having the money and getting around to ordering them. Saying that, if anybody does have any of these or know where I can find one in a size Medium (I only buy guernsey’s that fit me) they don’t want any more, feel free to let me know. Just don’t be offended if I decline an offer or don’t offer what you think it is worth as I don’t always have the cash lying about for more guernseys.

Cricket:
shirts2.jpg
Australia, 2001-2003 ODI
Found it at a small sports shop on the east coast at the beginning of the year. The price tag was a good indication as to why it had been hanging on the rack for the last 10 plus years. Took me ages to get the guy at the shop down to a more reasonable price. But as I gave him the cash, he ripped the bloody tags off and threw them out before I had the chance to stop him. Bastard.
Australia, 2003-2005 ODI
Tasmania, 2003-2005 ING Cup Pullover, PI Scott Kremerskothen

Still very grateful for a fellow BigFooty member who gave this to me.

South Africa, 1993-1994 ODI B&H World Series Cup
Stoked with that find on eBay

Australia, 2013 ODI Away
Found it dirt cheap at a SportsFirst one weekend so picked it up and stored away for a day when it might come in handy.

Scotland, circa 2010 ODI
Need something to wear to the Scotland/Sri Lanka world cup match this summer!

Australia, 1996-1998 ODI

Australia, 2015 Cricket World Cup
Need something to wear to the Australia/Sri Lanka world cup match this summer!!
Whilst there aren’t any particular cricket shirts out there at the moment that I am desperate to get my hands on, I’m always on the lookout for ISC branded shirts or caps from the 90’s regardless of the team so again, if you have one or know of one that’s going for a reasonable price, feel free to let me know.

With 2014 coming to an end now, I thought I would share with you the additions to my collection from the last 12 months. Admittedly, the majority of them are just retails. But I'm pretty happy with what I've ended up with.

AFL:
View attachment 99766
Hawthorn, 1997 Pre-Season/Away
One of my all-time favourites. I knew that these could go for a high price on eBay and when I saw it, I don't think there were any other bids. Some dropkick sniper did try and outbid me at the very last second of the auction but only tried to go an extra dollar or two higher than the current bid while my maximum bid was much higher so they still missed out. No sympathy for him!

Greater Western Sydney, 2012 Home
Now I wouldn't go as far as saying they are a second team of mine, but I don't mind GWS at all. From living in Sydney's Western Suburbs many years ago, I guess I have a small soft spot for the Giants. I'm also one of the minority who actually like the guernsey. It's unique but not over the top with gradients or stupid logos. Plus, I needed something to wear to work to stir up the Carlton supporter when GWS beat the Blues earlier in the year.
Brisbane, 2007 Heritage
I don't know if it's because I miss the days seeing Fitzroy out on the ground or if its simply the bright colours... When I really got into collecting guernseys this year, I knew I had to have one. I thought it was going to be a while until I did find one at a good price but not this quickly. By sheer luck, one of the sports shops in town had one just hanging on the sale rack! The next size up would have been perfect but I'm not going to complain with this for a find.
Hawthorn, 2013 Premiers
A mate of mine who lives in Melbourne was able to get a couple of signatures on it for me. Hopefully I'll be able to get more of the premiership side to sign it for me next year.

New Zealand Hawks, 2014
I never was much of a fan of Hawthorn's Hawk Head clash guernsey design so when I saw the original NZ version I didn't think much of it. Months later I had a change of heart but was disappointed to find out that both Hawthorn and AFL NZ had discontinued the guernsey and replaced it with the new chevron design. Then came another few months of indecisiveness until a decent tax return this year proved itself to be as good of an omen to order one. I actually quite like it. It's good to wear when I'm out for a run or even just around town without standing out like a sore thumb.
NT Thunder, NEAFL, 2014
I like the Thunder's guernsey design and I'm keen to get an example from every major league in the country.

Box Hill Hawks, VFL, 2012 PI number 19.

Greater Western Sydney, 2014 Clash
Like I said before, I like GWS and their guernsey. I really like this year’s clash too. I find it nice and comfy when I'm out for a run too.

Hawthorn, 2014 Premiers

New Zealand Hawks, Original
Lucky find on eBay only a few weeks ago. Pretty stoked that it still had the tags.

Hawthorn, 2004-2005 long sleeve.
My wish list
· Another Hawthorn Pre-season/ Away but Puma branded with sublimated logos. (My one is made by Sekem with the logo’s stitched on).
· 1998-1999 Hawthorn Home Guernsey (Where Samsung is the Guernsey sponsor)
· 2010-2012 Hawthorn Kokoda
Also to continue with my plan to get a Guernsey from every major league in the country:
· VFL – Port Melbourne
· VFL – Tasmanian Devils original Guernsey when they joined the VFL in the early 2000’s
· SANFL – Port Adelaide Magpies
· WAFL – Claremont Tigers
· TSL – North Launceston Bombers

Most of them shouldn’t be too hard to get hold of. It’s just a case of me having the money and getting around to ordering them. Saying that, if anybody does have any of these or know where I can find one in a size Medium (I only buy guernsey’s that fit me) they don’t want any more, feel free to let me know. Just don’t be offended if I decline an offer or don’t offer what you think it is worth as I don’t always have the cash lying about for more guernseys.
Nice pickups. Just one thing, Don't bag snipers auctions always are decided in the last 5 minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back