Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
i just got last years North Melbourne training top, i've been trying to find this since the end of the season, incredibly happy to have found one, they're popping up everywhere now, so not an incredibly rare ATM, but was happy to find my size.

23_fan

Senior List
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Finally got around to taking some pics of a few items I grabbed during the x-mas period.

Matthew Llyod 1997 jumper

Robert Harvey 2003 jumper

Derrick Rose 2011/12 Bulls jersey

And for something a bit different...
Lauren Jackson's 2010 Seattle Storm jersey

Jul 15, 2012
Best country in the world
AFL Club
West Coast
webcam-toy-photo56.jpg

That's the only AFL jumper i currently own. It was used as an away jumper for the Eagles from 2012 to 2013 (i picked it up in mid 2013 and wore it with pride that year). I'm spewing i couldn't get the older variation with the larger, white outlined Eagle head that was worn in the 05/06 GFs, i'm also pissed they almost immediately changed jumpers right after i got this one (for 2014 the jumper had smaller, more crappy looking wings). I also own many other sports jumpers from various leagues but i can't be bothered posting them right now.

shane18

Draftee
Feb 10, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Would I be correct in saying that awesome Carey guernsey would be from 97, not 95?? Not sure if any teams had polyester guernseys before 96. Either way it is a thing of beauty!!
Nah it is from 95 as it was the last year that NZI was a sponsor for North and all the jumpers after 95 with the kangaroo on the front had a blue back not all white like this one

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah it is from 95 as it was the last year that NZI was a sponsor for North and all the jumpers after 95 with the kangaroo on the front had a blue back not all white like this one

Right you are! I had a look on AFL photos site, and theres a few pics of it in the 1995 folder. Seems strange that the pre season guernsey's would be the new polyester material, but the regular season guernseys were still the old woolen style. Anyway, awesome guernsey, would love to see the rest of your collection:thumbsu:

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Would I be correct in saying that awesome Carey guernsey would be from 97, not 95?? Not sure if any teams had polyester guernseys before 96. Either way it is a thing of beauty!!

Arden would know for sure, can't get into his front door without tripping over a pile of North guernsey's

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Arden would know for sure, can't get into his front door without tripping over a pile of North guernsey's

I'm pretty sure Shane's right, I just assumed no teams had polyester guernsey's in 95, and seems like North only had them for the pre season, which is a little strange. I guess if teams had a new design for 95 then maybe they would have had them made with the "new" material. Although we changed our guernsey's from 94 to 95, and still had the 95 ones made by sekem, so really I have no idea!!

I'm pretty sure Shane's right, I just assumed no teams had polyester guernsey's in 95, and seems like North only had them for the pre season, which is a little strange. I guess if teams had a new design for 95 then maybe they would have had them made with the "new" material. Although we changed our guernsey's from 94 to 95, and still had the 95 ones made by sekem, so really I have no idea!!

Yeah, definitely a '95 pre-season guernsey. 95 was the first time we rolled out that version of the guernsey, and experimented with Sportswool. Not sure why the '95 H&A jumpers were still in acrylic but they didn't change until the year after.

Impressive jumper shane18

shane18

Draftee
Feb 10, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
here is majority of my collection most of them are retail jumpers, the match worn/player issue ones i have are:
Wayne Carey 18 - 1995 preseason
Leigh Adams 13 - 2014 preseason white
Jamie Mcmillan 34 - 2014 preseason blue
Aaron Mullet 41 - 2014 away

also in the picture is Nick Dal Santos match worn pink and blue boots from round 12 2014 and the match ball used Majak Daw's debut game
IMG_1970.JPG

Back