Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

6goth

Draftee
Jun 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Op shop finds over the week.
I think the years are correct. If not, please correct me.
2006 AFC
1997 NMFC

Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 1.54.43 PM.png

Op shop finds over the week.
I think the years are correct. If not, please correct me.
2006 AFC
1997 NMFC

View attachment 141019

Wow that crows jumper is interesting.

The cuffs look like a PI but there's no blue panels that come around the front.

What does the back look like?

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
You sure the Buddy is a PI? You're probably right but I'm pretty certain the Hawks Shop did a limited run of Buddy sublimated #23 jumpers that were retails with a number on the back, a la the Andrew McLeod sublimated retails from ~2007

You sure the Buddy is a PI? You're probably right but I'm pretty certain the Hawks Shop did a limited run of Buddy sublimated #23 jumpers that were retails with a number on the as back, a la the Andrew McLeod sublimated retails from ~2007
The cut of the front of the guernsey points towards it being a PI. Specifically, how the back of the cuffs are visible from the front. It's the same cut as my Josh Hill PI from 2013, just minus the GPS stitching (which didn't really start to be seen since 2011-ish).

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants
You sure the Buddy is a PI? You're probably right but I'm pretty certain the Hawks Shop did a limited run of Buddy sublimated #23 jumpers that were retails with a number on the back, a la the Andrew McLeod sublimated retails from ~2007

Yeam Im pretty sure mate. Has different material cuffs to the retail's from the same year and is also a tighter fit than the small despite being a large

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
My small, wrinkled, replica-only collection.
m6A81nC.jpg

2014 Freo home
2015 Port home. The tacky stuff on the collar isn't as bad IRL, it'd still be better if it wasn't there though.
2011/2(?) GWS home. It was purchased in 2011 and it was called the 2012 jumper on the site, but it was before they announced Lifebroker as a sponsor so there's no back sponsor.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
My small, wrinkled, replica-only collection.
m6A81nC.jpg

2014 Freo home
2015 Port home. The tacky stuff on the collar isn't as bad IRL, it'd still be better if it wasn't there though.
2011/2(?) GWS home. It was purchased in 2011 and it was called the 2012 jumper on the site, but it was before they announced Lifebroker as a sponsor so there's no back sponsor.
With your GWS one, does it have Canberra on the back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely plain orange back

Typo? It's from roughly November/December 2011
It was the first batch of GWS jumpers made. I've got one from my cousin(who works at rebel sport), who put one aside for me when the first line of GWS merch came in

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
GWS must be a later 2012 version because it originally had lower case letters for the Skoda logo (I have one).
It was the first batch of GWS jumpers made. I've got one from my cousin(who works at rebel sport), who put one aside for me when the first line of GWS merch came in
Completely plain orange back

Typo? It's from roughly November/December 2011
Maxwell has it correct. It's the 2012 preseason jumper which didn't have Canberra on the back

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeam Im pretty sure mate. Has different material cuffs to the retail's from the same year and is also a tighter fit than the small despite being a large

For some reason, that year Puma/Hawthorn made numbered 23 guernseys that were identical to player issues (slimmer cut, watermarks, different material). You could buy them in all sizes, so if you have one in M or L it's obviously not a Franklin player issue, but if you have an XL (or whatever size he wears) you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I remember seeing them in the AFL store in Cannington here in Perth.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
For some reason, that year Puma/Hawthorn made numbered 23 guernseys that were identical to player issues (slimmer cut, watermarks, different material). You could buy them in all sizes, so if you have one in M or L it's obviously not a Franklin player issue, but if you have an XL (or whatever size he wears) you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I remember seeing them in the AFL store in Cannington here in Perth.

So I was on the right track then!

TheCuzEffect

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man United - Minnesota Timberwolves

TheExtractorFactor

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
New York Knicks/Football Giants

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I just assumed that it was a PI given the fit (and the fact that I was told so when I purchased it)

Ok, thanks for the info. I guess I just assumed that it was a PI given the fit (and the fact that I was told so when I purchased it)
Did it have a tag on it when you bought it?

Riccardo11

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2013
Allons-y!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Purchased myself a St Kilda indigenous jumper on Sunday. There was someone else buying one at the same time, but he was a Hawks supporter "I'm just a jumper collector" he says.

Wasn't one of you blokes, was it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back