Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2008, an 11 year old me walked into the AFL store with my $50 of pocket money to buy a Victorian hall of fame jumper that I was obsessed with. $30 short I walked home bitterly disappointed and promised that I would one day get one of these jumpers.

7 years on and $100 later, I'm fulfilled to know that my childhood disappointment has been fully rectified.

rse81c.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2008, an 11 year old me walked into the AFL store with my $50 of pocket money to buy a Victorian hall of fame jumper that I was obsessed with. $30 short I walked home bitterly disappointed and promised that I would one day get one of these jumpers.

7 years on and $100 later, I'm fulfilled to know that my childhood disappointment has been fully rectified.

rse81c.png
In 2008 a five year old me watched that game but fell asleep in the first quarter because I was 5.

In 2008 a five year old me watched that game but fell asleep in the first quarter because I was 5.
Great story, would read again.

What can I say?

I'm speechless.

Two things gat

1. You got 50$ pocket money? That makes me feel old!

2. You expected to walk away with a brand new retail big v for 50$? I don't reckon a retail jumper has been 50$ rrp since the early 90s!
I got $5 a week to do the following:
  • Put the bins out
  • Clean my room
  • Clean the family room
  • Complete my homework
  • Not get any detentions
And after term 2 I had $50 and an innocent and idealistic 11 year old who thought the world was his oyster thought they could grab a bargain on a Sunday morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back