What Fox Footy should do for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I was watching some of the 90s matches this morning. Still find it astounding that Geelong won 2 matches after the siren in the same finals series.

Fox Footy should just replay all these games from the 90s in a massive marathon for a month

How did you miss 99 R17? ******* Carlton robbed everyone of a classic GF.

I was watching some of the 90s matches this morning. Still find it astounding that Geelong won 2 matches after the siren in the same finals series.

I'm sure I didn't account for all the classics.... but bottom line is, if Fox want to do lazy programming, show us just classic home and away and finals games from years past... not just replay the last season over and over

Enjoying the more professional commentary on the old games.
And the lack of clock on screen.
Dont like no score on screen all the time tho.
And that it was a significant tactical change when a player came off the bench.

Gotta be good enough to get there in the first place mate. Which Essendon weren't. So...suffer. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLQANDA - It'd work well with either Whateley or Hudson moderating.

Gogglebox AFL style - I know most think it's garbage (which it is), but it'd rate its socks off if done right.

Australian Story AFL style - Actual in-depth biographies of current and former people in our game.

Fox have the money, they have the resources, they have the staff who want to do this type of stuff, and most importantly, they have the audience.
I've spoken about this with mates and to a man we agree it would be pure gold. I'd go a step further and have the option of four commentary teams a week (one for each quarter of a specific game) call the game and the one voted best for the year gets to call an alternate feed of the GF.

I just wish one day Fox can give the option to press red for the radio commentaries. They used to have the option of just listening to the ground FX and umpires on the old Fox Footy Channel.

Turn off Derwayne and Brereton? Yes please. I'd listen to someone scraping fingernails down a blackboard rather than those two.

Fox needs more than just The Winners Rebooted. Bring back Thank Fox It's Friday, that doco show on great footy stories that Jason Bennett used to host.

We need more behind the scenes shows. The current ones on the Pies and Bombers are great, but if you're not a supporter of those teams, you don't give a s***.

Also, I'm keen to see if Robbo can get any stupider on 360.

Last edited:
Doco's similar to those seen on ESPN being the "30 for 30" series. They aren't always about stars but players from sports who were really talented in college then went off the rails, how they put up with racism but still making it to the top etc. I love watching them and find the stories fascinating.

Doco's similar to those seen on ESPN being the "30 for 30" series. They aren't always about stars but players from sports who were really talented in college then went off the rails, how they put up with racism but still making it to the top etc. I love watching them and find the stories fascinating.

Does Fox have the courage to invest in quality programs like 30 for 30? There's a reason why Open Mike is so popular - it's top shelf.

Most likely though we will have to put up with more brainless trash like Bounce and that piece of crap mockumentary hosted by Sandy Roberts last year.

Does Fox have the courage to invest in quality programs like 30 for 30? There's a reason why Open Mike is so popular - it's top shelf.

Most likely though we will have to put up with more brainless trash like Bounce and that piece of crap mockumentary hosted by Sandy Roberts last year.

It's a long way from happening unfortunately.

Even something similar to NFL Films would be a starting spot, but again it won't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back