What Fox Footy should do for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the fact that they have at least tried to mix it up a bit this summer.
Last year they just played every game from the season before from the start of the season to the end... about 3 times.

Superstar month was a good idea, the guest programmer thing this month is good... provided they pick the right games. Currently the 94 QF between Geelong and Footscray is on.
Moons is in charge from midnight... 2.30 tomorrow is Geelong/Nth from rnd 1 in 99... absolutely cracking game where North about 3 times lead by almost 40 points, and lost the game.
Games like that are fantastic to see instead of some garbage GWS v Suns game from the last year

Turn off Derwayne and Brereton? Yes please. I'd listen to someone scraping fingernails down a blackboard rather than those two.

Fox needs more than just The Winners Rebooted. Bring back Thank Fox It's Friday, that doco show on great footy stories that Jason Bennett used to host.

We need more behind the scenes shows. The current ones on the Pies and Bombers are great, but if you're not a supporter of those teams, you don't give a s***.

Also, I'm keen to see if Robbo can get any stupider on 360.

You're out of touch - The Collingwood and Essendon shows last appeared in 2014.

2016 should be a preview for next lot of tv rights. show us what they are going to put forward. more variety. more local footy
Seven and Foxtel already have the next rights? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? (which is entirely possible)

The guest programmer month has been the best initiative in the off season by far. Dwayne Russell pulling out the Ablett vs Salmon shootout tonight, haven't actually seen that game since 1993!

The guest programmer month has been the best initiative in the off season by far. Dwayne Russell pulling out the Ablett vs Salmon shootout tonight, haven't actually seen that game since 1993!

Was on a few times during History Month.

History Month has been the best of the bunch on Fox Footy over summer. Superstar Month was a joke and most of the guest programmers are too biased towards their own team/s. I think I've seen enough Hawks/Geelong games from the recent past to last a lifetime. I see Eddie's day is coming up, so do you reckon it'll be anything but wall to wall Pies? I doubt it.

I like the fact that they have at least tried to mix it up a bit this summer.
Last year they just played every game from the season before from the start of the season to the end... about 3 times.

Superstar month was a good idea, the guest programmer thing this month is good... provided they pick the right games. Currently the 94 QF between Geelong and Footscray is on.
Moons is in charge from midnight... 2.30 tomorrow is Geelong/Nth from rnd 1 in 99... absolutely cracking game where North about 3 times lead by almost 40 points, and lost the game.
Games like that are fantastic to see instead of some garbage GWS v Suns game from the last year

That has been well done, however I felt they could have showed a bit more of Essendon's 2000, Brisbane 2001-2004 Geelong 2007-2012 and Hawthorn's 2008-2015, maybe they are planning to have one day showing the best wins for those sides during that time.

obviously with a dedicated channel there's only so much you can show. in this case its games in entirety given it takes most time.

we had different superstars, no guest announcers. are we not essentially just watching games again, just that fox are trying to give it a different look?

obviously with a dedicated channel there's only so much you can show. in this case its games in entirety given it takes most time.

we had different superstars, no guest announcers. are we not essentially just watching games again, just that fox are trying to give it a different look?

We are but its nice that its not the 2015 season on repeat.

We are but its nice that its not the 2015 season on repeat.

that is true. replaying each game in sequence is lazy. but i dont envy the stations position as let's face it showing games from whenever is the best time consumer.

with the sport being a domestic one it's not like we can involve other leagues around the world and analyse them and bring news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie McGuire has f***ed guest programmer month. Everybody else chose decent games of footy. Ed just chose games Collingwood won by 10 goals plus. Not entertaining at all. Good one Ed.

1: Please be removing 'white males only' from your hosting/panel job application forms Fox! Audience is far more diverse than that & it's about time you grew up to be a real TV station not a Boys Own Adventure club.
2: Keep Eddie away from hosting his own show. He's tanked. Twice. Seriously, we will all thank you and his influence on your brand is toxic.
3: Club history: You have a gold mine right there and a game that celebrates its history like no other yet all you manage to do with it is show replays of games & get Mike Sheehan to chat once a week. Do better.

Get rid of blobbo from 360, he is turning into an incoherent vegetable before our eyes. I don't know how Gerard can stand working with someone so stupid. It's so refreshing when blobbo has one of his many sickies and Sheehan or huddo fills in.

If Guest Programmer month has taught us anything, it's that Fox has too many Geelong/Hawthorn supporters as commentators. The month has been an orgy of Hawks and particularly Cats games. I swear the 09 GF has been on at least four times.

As for McGuire's Collingwood Day - what a joke. Collingwood v Freo from 1998. Yawn.

Last edited:
For starters, they can cut the bullshit "Guest Programmer" matches that seem to be only prehistoric or boring Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Carlton matches. Were there no good classic matches from 2015? It's clear the 'guests programmers' are only from certain supporter bases. On that note, play the bloody 2015 season again like the previous years! I want to relive my favourite matches of the year from what I believed was the most unique season I've watched.

I'm glad they ventured out a bit instead of showing the season games over and over and over for 5 months, but come on. History Month was pretty decent for nostalgia but Superstar Month was painful as it was, so cut this bullshit and introduce new shows to attract new people and above all get excited for the upcoming season. Documentaries al'a ESPN for example, Month in Reviews...no more ******* History Channel.

For starters, they can cut the bullshit "Guest Programmer" matches that seem to be only prehistoric or boring Essendon, Hawthorn, Collingwood and Carlton matches. Were there no good classic matches from 2015? It's clear the 'guests programmers' are only from certain supporter bases. On that note, play the bloody 2015 season again like the previous years! I want to relive my favourite matches of the year from what I believed was the most unique season I've watched.

I'm glad they ventured out a bit instead of showing the season games over and over and over for 5 months, but come on. History Month was pretty decent for nostalgia but Superstar Month was painful as it was, so cut this bullshit and introduce new shows to attract new people and above all get excited for the upcoming season. Documentaries al'a ESPN for example, Month in Reviews...no more ******* History Channel.
Although one of the games Mark Riccuito put to air on Fox Footy was one of the best State of Origin matches ever, to go with 1986 WA v Victoria; the 1994 SA-Vic match at Football Park.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

360 is my fav footy show, but they really need to change Thursday nights. Every other night works well but Mooney and Hall just do nothing for me. Would love them to get Mike Sheahan in on thursday nights instead.

If Guest Programmer month has taught us anything, it's that Fox has too many Geelong/Hawthorn supporters as commentators. The month has been an orgy of Hawks and particularly Cats games. I swear the 09 GF has been on at least four times.
You are so obsessed with Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back