What game/s are you most looking forward to?

Remove this Banner Ad

footycats007

Team Captain
Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Name the games that you can't wait to see this year for reasons such as rivalry, huge milestones, last games as player/coach, etc.

Also, what will be the biggest game this year (can involve your club or another club)?

Most looking forward to?

Thurs April 2, Carlton V Richmond.

Not just because my teams playing, but because it means the footy is BACK.

Edited to add...

The rest I'll just take 1 week at a time :p

Last edited:
Easter Monday. Hawthorn v Geelong games have been brilliant spectacles for years now, and this one will give us an idea of whether or not Hawthorn are suffering a hangover and if Geelong have another tilt in them.

Whoever Fletcher plays against in his 400th game and whoever Harvey plays in his 400th game. Two 400 game milestones in a year has never happened before so we will all witness history.

I wonder if it is possible that both Essendon and North get together to come up with a joint 400th game celebration for the 2 players.

Easter Monday. Hawthorn v Geelong games have been brilliant spectacles for years now, and this one will give us an idea of whether or not Hawthorn are suffering a hangover and if Geelong have another tilt in them.

I'm looking forward to Cats vs. Hawks too!! I reckon it's going to be one of the games of the year!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to the game but I am certain the result will actually give us no idea whatsoever about the two questions that you posed.

At the moment round 1 - Collingwood vs Brisbane

Really want to smash them for the first time in about 10 years for relatively obvious reasons

Whoever Fletcher plays against in his 400th game and whoever Harvey plays in his 400th game. Two 400 game milestones in a year has never happened before so we will all witness history.

I wonder if it is possible that both Essendon and North get together to come up with a joint 400th game celebration for the 2 players.
Fletch is 7 games off and Harvey is 16 off, and Essendon and North play each other in two Friday night games in round 7 and 16.

Would expect big gestures from both clubs, most likely in the Round 16 game.

Essendon games

Essendon vs Hawthorn round 2 if there are no suspensions. Otherwise, the return game between Hawthorn and Essendon (assuming suspensions are backdated and not longer than 6 months). I just really want to beat them. A lot.

Essendon vs North X2. The only Friday night games for both clubs and it is a possibility that both Fletcher and Harvey have reached the 400 game mark by round 16. Oh and eager to payback for that final.

Neutral games

Hawthorn vs Sydney. I want to see how Sydney respond to Hawks. The grand final replay in 2013 had Hawthorn smashing Sydney. Will it be the other way around?

Port vs Hawthorn @ Adelaide Oval. Should be a good game after the prelim.

North vs Hawthorn. Was a good game last time and North seem to be able to stick it up to the Hawks lately.

Yes a lot of Hawthorn, but still the benchmark team of the competition that gives plenty of games to look forward to. Sydney are also good, but I just really don't find their games interesting enough to watch (other than the Buddy highlight reel).

Many dogs supporters will look to the GWS game for obvious reasons, and it's definitely a 'can't miss' game for me.

But there are many to look forward to - seeing how our young mids go against all the experienced midfields in the comp like Sydney, Freo and the hawks will be enlightening (if a little painful). We also owe essendon one from last year, and giving WCE a decent game for a change in rd 1 would be nice.

Port v Hawthorn on ANZAC Day. Saturday night timeslot. I feel another record breaking afl crowd at Adelaide Oval.

I'm working that night, really can't get out of it, so I will be trying my best to avoid my mobile any tv's/radios and watch the replay when I get home. Will be a ripper! I can imagine how exciting that game will be to go live at Adelaide Oval.

Geelong v Hawthorn x 2

Geelong v Freo should be a real indicator of where we are at.

Geelong v North we need revenge and to knock them down a peg or 2. Can't believe they think they are top 4 material.

Port v Hawthorn. Hopefully Hawthorn are fit so the fans don't use the excuse again like last year.
This should be a ripper.

Not sure if I'm looking forward to the following or not but our interstate record last year was horrendous.
Port v Geelong
Sydney v Geelong
Hoping we remain competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back