What happened to the Wrestling forum?

Remove this Banner Ad

So "entertainment wrestling" is now considered a genuine sport by bigfooty? You have got to be kidding.

Maybe you need to learn what the term "sport" actually means.

sport
spɔːt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Looks like wrestling encompases all of those traits.

You're welcome.

tumblr_n2z52xpGup1r270ozo3_250.gif

Is that any worse than poker being considered a sport by Big Footy?
The thing about pro wrestling is that it is pretend violence dressed up as real. This alone makes it not a genuine sport
Maybe you need to learn what the term "sport" actually means.

sport
spɔːt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

Looks like wrestling encompases all of those traits.

You're welcome.
They are pretending to hit each other, merely imitating real wrestling. It's more acting then anything else. It's just like I did when I did "pee wee" karate when I was 11 when we weren't allowed to hit each other.

They are pretending to hit each other, merely imitating real wrestling. It's more acting then anything else. It's just like I did when I did "pee wee" karate when I was 11 when we weren't allowed to hit each other.

How is it then that more people have died in the wrestling ring than on the football field?

I mean if it's pretend no physical harm should come to anyone. Right?

How is it then that more people have died in the wrestling ring than on the football field?

I mean if it's pretend no physical harm should come to anyone. Right?
Because they do stupid things like allow their actors to climb on cages and subsequently fall off them, dive out of the ring only to land and break their necks among other entertainment driven spectacles all for the sake of getting some redneck teenagers to go "f*** yeah" and keep tuning in.

Because they do stupid things like allow their actors to climb on cages and subsequently fall off them, dive out of the ring only to land and break their necks among other entertainment driven spectacles all for the sake of getting some redneck tenagers to go "f*** yeah" to keep tuning in.

Yeah you've got no clue.

Most of them come from high class athletic backgrounds. You think you'd be aware of that. To say they are merely "actors" is utter bullshit.

You're also contradciting yourself by saying it's pretending, yet jumping off cages down onto people is nothing like "pretending".

Once again, you need to learn what "sport" actually means.

Yeah you've got no clue.

Most of them come from high class athletic backgrounds. You think you'd be aware of that. To say they are merely "actors" is utter bullshit.

You're also contradciting yourself by saying it's pretending, yet jumping off cages down onto people is nothing like "pretending".

Once again, you need to learn what "sport" actually means.
This is the thing, what they engage in are not genuine fights, merely they perform somersaults when jumping on each other, and when they are actually engaged close the "hitting" is not actually connecting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, have a look at the likes of Vader, Bob Holly, JBL, the Steiner Brothers and co on YouTube and tell me they aren't connecting.

Pre-determined results doesn't equal scripting (a significant portion of matches are improvised) and exaggerating some impact doesn't mean there isn't any.

A significant level of athleticism is involved.

Geez, have a look at the likes of Vader, Bob Holly, JBL, the Steiner Brothers and co on YouTube and tell me they aren't connecting.

Pre-determined results doesn't equal scripting (a significant portion of matches are improvised) and exaggerating some impact doesn't mean there isn't any.

And that's just from the early 90s to now. You could go back further and there was absolutely no shortage of guys who could lay it in when they wanted to (or more appropriately, had to). From Billy Robinson to Dynamite Kid (especially before his US stint that everyone remembers) all the way back to Thesz, these guys were feared for a very good reason.

I'd love for someone to tell Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle they aren't athletes, or to apply some sort of "fake" hold. I'm guessing what they would put on you wouldn't feel too fake. The Olympic judges in Atlanta in 1996 need to be told too, as someone called Kurt Angle actually won a gold medal coming off a severe neck injury.

Have a look at Mayweather's fist connecting with Big Show's nose and tell us they aren't connecting.

The pro wrestling debate......Got to love it.

Its entertainment......not a sport as such, but under that meaning you posted......its a sport.
sport
spɔːt/
noun
  1. 1.

And that's just from the early 90s to now. You could go back further and there was absolutely no shortage of guys who could lay it in when they wanted to (or more appropriately, had to). From Billy Robinson to Dynamite Kid (especially before his US stint that everyone remembers) all the way back to Thesz, these guys were feared for a very good reason.

I'd love for someone to tell Brock Lesnar or Kurt Angle they aren't athletes, or to apply some sort of "fake" hold. I'm guessing what they would put on you wouldn't feel too fake. The Olympic judges in Atlanta in 1996 need to be told too, as someone called Kurt Angle actually won a gold medal coming off a severe neck injury.
c8c9c8498337b1a4f7ebc88663eb5e96affc65ed61e07e06b40d4eafedb64ca4.jpg

The pro wrestling debate......Got to love it.

Its entertainment......not a sport as such, but under that meaning you posted......its a sport.

There is no debate. Only idiots who can't comprehend what sport is and what it actually entails. Not what their perception is.

Well going by that definition its not a sport because a sport requires at least 2 people or teams competing. Since wrestling is a scripted play then they aren't really competing are they.

So when do movies where two stuntment fight on top of a building or some s**t get their own forum in the sports section?

Gotta love how they compete, it's as if it's life or death. :rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back