What happened to .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks

jubjub.jpg

Wahab Riaz?

Had Jonathan Trott by the throat in the locker room altercation at Lords when Trott murmured under his breath to him that he was a match fixer

There was good reason for Trott to accuse him too, he bowled 8 no balls

Riaz is playing for Pakistan right now against Afghanistan in an ODI

From memory has had some serious back injuries as he had what we call a "mixed" action. Came back, was never the same bowler. No idea whether he is still playing though, I remember him having stress fractures all over the place though, (foot, back, etc).

Was really wanting to see him and Bond together, unfortunately it looks like it won't happen on both fronts. That said Milne has time, I really hope he gets Lillee to work with him, as he is exactly what NZ lacks- raw pace.

Milne is now back playing, and has got progressively quicker as the season has gone on. I saw him bowling on TV in a domestic one day game here in NZ.They didnt have a speed gun going, but judging from where the keeper was standing, he was getting it through pretty rapidly. There was also a left armer bowling (McClenaghn) who is also very sharp.Neil Wagner becomes eligible for NZ in April too, hes also a left armer and also very quick.
So the fast bowling stocks are improving in NZ

Warner could end up here soon.

If people keep getting in his head an trying to change the way he plays he will not be as good as he is now.
Already seeing signs of it in 1dayers this series.

Even Heard Clarke or Ponting say he may need to do what Gilly did an look to keep the ball along the ground for the 1st 10-15 overs.
Thats not his game hes a hitter, he takes the fielders on an backs himself to get it over the top of them.
Stop him doing that, force him to play along the ground an he may struggle to score like normal then be forced into aggressive shots to try an up the runrate an get out forcing things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garnet Kruger.....far out that's a good get!

tony greig loved him -- gawnet kroooger

If I recall correctly he played a few one dayers against us and the Sri Lankans in the 2005/06 traingular series. Was a bit of spud medium pacer when bowling to Ponting, Gilchrist, Hayden, Symonds etc. but then all medium pacers were just cannon fodder when they were bowling to those blokes! He was no Monde Zondeki though, thats for sure. I remember he knocked over Gilly first ball and soon after nailed Ponting at the Gabba once. Was a pretty quick bowler for a midget in the Tino Best mould.

also a guy who came out for rsa last time..wayne parnell (or pawnell if tony was involved) -- i think he has kicked on?

charl landevelt.

glen sulzenberger (with the lot, as i think kerry o'keefee once said!)

matthew bell? from nz.

the great jason arnberger!!

brad young.. what happened to that man? spinner i think??

Telemachus was unlucky not to play more international cricket imo.

Loots Bosman, usually opened the innings and went to smash every ball for six, usually got out cheaply.

Johan Van der Vaart (?) spudded it up in SA's tour in 05/06.

Loots Bosman, usually opened the innings and went to smash every ball for six, usually got out cheaply.

van der Wath is still going around in SA first class cricket. Surprised he never got a Test call-up, he's got an impressive FC record.

also a guy who came out for rsa last time..wayne parnell (or pawnell if tony was involved) -- i think he has kicked on
charl landevelt.

Parnell is still around. He still is in SA's one day and T20 sides (or in the squad at the least). I like the look of his bowling and his batting is in the Mitchell Johnson mould. Not sure if his bowling style would bring him much success in test matches though.

James Hopes, I know he never really achieved anything. But he has became more of an all-rounder now?? Or has he always been able bat. I don't know.

Hey man. :D

brad young.. what happened to that man? spinner i think??

39 years old now and has been playing Adelaide Turf cricket for Grange with another familiar name, Mark Harrity, for about 5 years (I actually played against them last week). 5 years prior to that was his last first class game. 4 years prior to that was his last ODI for Australia when he wrecked his knee at the SCG.

James Hopes, I know he never really achieved anything. But he has became more of an all-rounder now?? Or has he always been able bat. I don't know.

Hey man. :D

Guess who's back!

I think James Hopes just got forced out the side over time by people like Andrew McDonald, Dan Christian, Mitch Marsh and such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back