Live Event What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 14?

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked:
The baby Saints showing what they can do, and that all the classy youngsters are not at the Dogs

The insecurity is classic. Yes your kids are good. Happy?

You bring up the dogs more than some dogs fans

And your insecurity is non existent yes? Must be to reply to my post :rolleyes:

I said "all the good youngsters are not at the Dogs" and you somehow take that as a slight? Come on man, I give your team some credit and you take it like a slap in the face. Real classy on such a tragic weekend. :oops:

Liked:
Solidarity. RIP phil.
GAJ's return and Suns' win.
Cyril.
Pendles.

Learnt:
We at EFC are very nice. Took the hit coming to North and the Tigers again.....i miss weekends where we win and they lose :( best get used to it

Hated:
That essendon performance. again. where is the rd.2 form.

Maybe the overrating from the media and your supporters have contributed to this.

Or maybe you cant take a little joke because (which is what it was) you are the one who is insecure.

Last edited:
Liked:
The baby Saints showing what they can do, and that all the classy youngsters are not at the Dogs
Gazza is still the man
Respect by the crowds and fans for Walshy

Learnt:
Essendon could lose every game for the rest of the season and Hird would still have a job
Never write off a champion, Gary Ablett superstar

Hated:
The Fox crew calling Josh Bruce Cameron so often and being generally clueless
Get use to it. We had Marcus Picken, Brad Boyd, Jesse Stringer and now Caleb Jones running around for us on the weekend :rolleyes:

Liked: Essendon getting smashed. Continuous karma

Eagles boys getting the win after seeming out of it. Walsh was at the eagles for about 5 years and the majority of the players worked with him so they were very flat.

Ablett's comeback; the game is better for it. Enjoy him whilr he lasts.

Learnt: Hogan will be exciting to watch one day but he is a bit protected by umpires

Cloke is not that good a footballer really, a better version of Q Lynch is all.

You clearly don't watch many Collingwood games. Not that good a kick for goal, yes. Not a good footballer? Please.

Get use to it. We had Marcus Picken, Brad Boyd, Jesse Stringer and now Caleb Jones running around for us on the weekend :rolleyes:

Geez :( Glad it was a once off on 7 then, almost makes BT and Richo look smart

Liked ...watching the Darwin people enjoying themselves

Loved ...seeing Essendon get belted again ....lol sorry bomber fans justice still hasn't been served yet

Disliked or hated ....clearly Walsh death

A special mention to the afl players, the afl coaches and big footy members for paying respects

2nd special mention to Crows fans ......hang in their guys ....the sun will start to shine soon and we'll done for turning up today in Adelaide all class ...well done and hang tough brothers and sisters as we our thoughts are with you in this tough time.

Liked: Respect shown to Phil Walsh from all corners of the AFL industry. RIP.

Learnt: Caleb Daniel on debut looks like he will be a little ripper. Given that we picked him up with the draft pick (46) that Carlton gave us for Liam Jones, I think we've already got the better of that deal after just one game as the sub from Daniel.

Hated: Ch7 Saturday night commentary team is attrocious. They continually miscalled player names and spent far too long talking about themselves or anything other than the match at hand. Don't get me started on Jake "The Package" Stringer - I've been trying to convince my sons that only one man on the TV commentary calls him that, they already think everybody does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved: Clarko's inspired thinking for the "we fly as one" tribute to Phil Walsh, and the Hawthorn and Collingwood players setting an incredible scene after the match that was followed after the remaining matches

I always have known Hawthorn are in great hands with Clarko, but I learnt that Collingwood are in great hands with Nathan Buckley

liked: as mentioned, the response to the tragedy that occurred

learned: - THe Saints are progressing quicker that i anticipated.
- Alan Richardson will be a long term serving coach of the StKilda Football Club

Hated: 4 mentions of umpire bashing on the first page of this thread.

Liked:
The unity, class and support of the entire football community at our darkest hour

Hated:
Need I say more?

Learned:
Essendon will never go anywhere until those players are cleared, or banned. Closure is needed.
St Kilda and the Bulldogs are promising and we'll be watching their development closely. Good on them - showing that being a 'basket case' is very temporary in football.

Loved: Football community coming together in the face of tough times. At the end of the day, we are all here for the love of the game. It's great to see us all come together in times of need.

Liked: The Essendon implosion express has no brakes, BT exclaiming "he stroked it like... A massuse" on live radio. Classic

Disliked: North. Dismal performance. JK being too unselfish and stuffing up a potential bag of 100.

Hated: Phil Walsh's passing. An utter tragedy which words cannot describe. I've honestly sobbed more than once this weekend because of it.

Liked
- St Kilda and Gold Coast shaking things up
- Everyone getting together in commemoration of Phil Walsh
- The centre circle rings

Learnt
- The unity we all have as Aussie footy supporters (well, just fully realised it)

Hated
- Well, the you know what
- The reason why us and Geelong didn't play

Liked: Richmond looking like a professional finals side doing business.

Learnt: Essendon have no respect for their fans.

Hated: Nothing....good round of footy with the exception of seeing one team simply refuse to compete.

Liked:
  • The footy community. Sometimes the game does have a heart. 15,000 people at Adelaide Oval for a memorial was touching IMO. The Cats allowing the points split with no protest, the Pies and Hawks little tribute post game. Hell, even the NRL had a minutes silence. And for the most part even the Bigfooty trolls were silent.
  • The end of the Bye rounds

Learnt:
  • Ablett is still a great player despite missing a hell of a lot of footy.
  • Essendon are well and truly cooked
Hated:
  • Other than the obvious, nothing. It was a good weekend of footy.

Liked
  1. The AFL community’s reaction to the tragic event early Friday morning. The decision to cancel Sunday’s Adelaide/Geelong match was the right one and all the tributes made showed tremendous heart. For me, the most poignant moment was at the conclusion of the Collingwood/Hawthorn match when the players and senior coaches stood arm in arm in the centre of the MCG. The repeating of this gesture over the weekend didn’t diminish its effect.
  2. The return of the Master. Gary Ablett’s return to Metricon Stadium to lift his side to victory over North Melbourne.
  3. Last year’s wooden spooners, St Kilda, have scored more points this season than the competition leaders.
Hated
  1. Jay Schultz’ tackle on Ted Richards is likely to be put before MRP despite Schultz’ concern for Richards’ immediate health. Same as the Bryce Gibbs’ tackle on Robbie Gray. What else could the tackler do?
  2. Drug issues. The AFL must take control.
  3. Expectations Adelaide could field a team against Geelong yesterday.
Learnt
  1. Collingwood will be a future premiership team once they fix up the goal kicking. 3 goals 6 behinds from their 2 talls. Cloke’s 2 best kicks were his only goal from the sideline and when he connected with Isaac Smith’s head.
  2. North Melbourne & Essendon were overrated at the start of the year. Both clubs are in decline carrying a few too many veterans. Serious rebuilding needed.
  3. The real possibility both the qualifying finals are played in Perth. Fremantle and West Coast are top of the table and may finish 1 and 2. Dockers have a 2 game lead and West Coast play most of the big teams in Perth.

Liked: Footy community rallying around after the untimely death of Phil Walsh, began on Friday night and continued through to Sunday twillight. Special stuff
The return of Ablett and the Suns team resillience under pressure. Great to see and for me was really unexpected
Caleb Daniel
Jack Darling's return of 5 goals. Three games back now and steadily building each which
St. Kilda
Essendon getting pantsed
Brisbane brought the tackling pressure heat to Fremantle. Albeit conditions weren't great but game was up for grabs till 3/4 time

Hated: Passing of Phil Walsh
Broadbent bump on Parker
Greene spitting at Miles - childish, uncalled for
Brayshaw gone early in the game. Don't like seeing talented young kids get injured that quick

Learnt: Another tough week at Arden St. They are much, much better than last weekend's dish up.
Essendon are finally shot. I tipped the Saints but didn't expect a 100 point loss in your skipper's 200th - Bottom 4, rebuild
Adelaide and Geelong made the right decision to abandon their game
2014 is arguably the worst, off the field, in the history of AFL/VFL through one incident alone
Hawthorn V Fremantle this week has all the traits to be a ripping game. Pity it's at Aurora in a way as it would've drawn a big crowd to the MCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back