Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 17?

Remove this Banner Ad

You have no f***ing idea.

You seriously think a champion like Goodes is not up to that challenge?

4 AA's, 2 Brownlows, more career games than all but about 10 other players in VFL/AFL history... have you any idea of the self-belief, the willpower it takes to forge a career like that?

And you think he's "broken" by maladjusted bogans booing?

You have no f***ing idea.
He is taking the week off so he a little bit broken

Loved: Boomer harvey and the roos winning for his 400th match. Very proud.
Love hearing brendon bolton speak, very infectious

Learnt:
Hawthorn are brilliant in all aspects. Complete performance, complete team.
James Hird doesnt like paddy ryder, bitter old grape.
Brownlow is wide open, Priddis a chance?
Cannot stand hearing Ling's voice any longer
Boyd @ the bulldogs.. hm... really really really hope he fires up soon. I really want to see that trade work.
Brisbane need a key forward. Get on the phone and start chasing some big guys. Really want to see them do well.

Hated:
That Melbourne have come so far, yet still fade out of games, it's just frustrating to watch because I want them to do well so bad.
The pain bachi houli had to go through post match. poor bloke, feel for him.

Mate Boyd is 19 or 20 and has played 20 odd games

Give the bloke a chance will you please, it took Hawkins 4 years to come along.

Whether he makes it or not is undecided but I can't believe how people expect him to rip it up straight away simply due to his price tag.

All dog fans know he is over paid now but hope that we make that money back later and have a few years to wait

No doubt man, I agree with your thoughts above. I also want to see him do well. I guess what I am saying is - I hope he can get back into the side and just show some good early signs, taking clunkers, creating the crumbs, etc. Yes hes over priced, but I would love to see him play a few great games before the year is out. Would love a few games where he slots a big goal, sets up one and tackles hard. Good Luck!

No doubt man, I agree with your thoughts above. I also want to see him do well. I guess what I am saying is - I hope he can get back into the side and just show some good early signs, taking clunkers, creating the crumbs, etc. Yes hes over priced, but I would love to see him play a few great games before the year is out. Would love a few games where he slots a big goal, sets up one and tackles hard. Good Luck!

Tom strained the medial collateral ligment in his right knee a few weeks ago, and has struggled with form and fitness since. It was still heavily strapped in the VFL game against Coburg on the weekend, but he did get better the longer the game went.

The Port win for me was the best of the lot, the grit shown by everyone, especially Masten, Duggan putting his body on the line, Shuey kicking Shuey like goals ... brilliant game

In round 17? Interesting, thought West Coast played Sydney.....

He did all of that earlier in the year. What he hasn't done is had a breakout game where he kicks 5-6. He has had a few stinkers though which has given a few opposition supporters a stiffy.

You're probably right, he just seems to glide smoothly (silk) but probably has more pace than I gave him credit for
It always makes me laugh watching someone try and run down Silk.
As you said his his movement is so smooth and doesn't look all that quick. Then you look at the guy chasing, head down, legs pumping and making up absolutely no ground on him
:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back