Autopsy What have you liked, learnt or hated from Round 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Either way, North face off again against a team that beat them in the previous 2 rounds. (assuming Sydney win)

If Richmond win, you play us again.
If North win, you play the Bulldogs.
I'm OK with that.
We've made finals, and we won't travel in week 1, so these last 2 games mean little in terms of result.

Learnt: No one in the top 8 currently is cooked. Fremantle, Sydney, Hawthorn and West Coast all have the skills and ability to make a Preliminary Final and Richmond, North, Adelaide and Western Bulldogs all have the skills and ability to progress to the semi finals. No team looks out of position on the ladder (maybe Fremantle, but they worked hard to be where they are now, so not really). This is unlike some previous years.

Looks like an exhilarating finals series is ahead of us.

I'm OK with that.
We've made finals, and we won't travel in week 1, so these last 2 games mean little in terms of result.

So your theory was that North wasn't trying?

Yeah, it's not like there would be any advantage in confidence from winning against the same clubs you'd be playing a week or two later...:rolleyes:

Wouldn't mind going too Adelaide, would test out if we have improved mentally or not.
I don't want no test :p

In all seriousness though, I feel that Adelaide in AO is too tough for us, and I want us to win at least 1 final this year. Adelaide at the MCG though I don't mind, because they haven't played there much this year.

Liked: The Bontempelli & Stringer show.

Hated: Ryan Griffen's knee injury. Hope it doesn't wreck his 2016 season too.

Learnt: The 6,6,6 fixture may have some merit, considering some of the lopsided borefests we have witnessed the last few weeks.

So your theory was that North wasn't trying?
No, that's not what I said. Only a fool would suggest that we weren't trying yesterday. It was an arm wrestle for 3.5 quarters.
We didn't lose by much, and we only kicked 10 goals. Lots of upside.
Yeah, it's not like there would be any advantage in confidence from winning against the same clubs you'd be playing a week or two later...:rolleyes:
Yeah, it's not like teams have lost to certain clubs before the finals, and then reversed the result when it matters :rolleyes:

No, that's not what I said. Only a fool would suggest that we weren't trying yesterday. It was an arm wrestle for 3.5 quarters.
We didn't lose by much, and we only kicked 10 goals. Lots of upside.

Yeah, it's not like teams have lost to certain clubs before the finals, and then reversed the result when it matters :rolleyes:
Yeah it was good effort to come back from Perth and get within a goal only for them to roll over you in the last quarter... wait, what?!? :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked: The Bontempelli & Stringer show.

Hated: Ryan Griffen's knee injury. Hope it doesn't wreck his 2016 season too.

Learnt: The 6,6,6 fixture may have some merit, considering some of the lopsided borefests we have witnessed the last few weeks.
I'm not fully up to speed with the 6,6,6

But wouldn't you have been in a lower category not suitable to what your performances have shown this year?
Because of last years ladder position. Or is the 6,6,6 something different?

Liked:
-Menzel's return - rapt for him
-Adelaide's opening quarter - they look legit.
-Josh Jenkins - 41 goals in 18 games. Underrated.
-Kamdyn McIntosh - very high ceiling.
-Talia's game on Kennedy. Haven't seen him shut down like that all year.
-Treloar's game. Make the right choice mate.

Hated:
-Dempsey dropping Deledio on his head.
-St Kilda - needed them to win. 97 points.
-McGovern's injury.

Learned:
-The dogs win another crucial game. They'll do alright in the finals.
-West Coast have a few things to think about.
-Yarran straight out doesn't give a s**t. I hope the rumours are false.

Learnt: None of the 2015 finalists will be merely making up the numbers. They all clearly deserve to be there, compared to the teams that will miss out.
Hated: Far too many blowouts in the one round of football.
Liked: The sheer joy on the faces of the Menzel family in the crowd every time the camera went to them on Friday night.

Liked - minor premiership & Adelaide doing us a favour
Loved - Menzel return. What a gun!
Hated - suplex tackle from Dempsey
Learned - GWS will play finals next year & GC has had an all time year for injuries. Should push the 8 next year.

Loved: The return of Dan Menzel

Liked: The return of Dan Menzel
Carlton signing Brendon Bolton
Connor McKenna's goal
Scott Camporeale is firming for the Senior Crows job. Done a great job as interim

Learnt: Geelong have some big calls to make this week on veterans
Steve Johnson has played in the blue and white hoops for the last time
Adelaide are in a great position to impact in September IMO
The patron in possession of Tom Lynch (GCS's) jumper can make a quick quid on that jumper
The Adam Treloar trade rumours keep circling
Charlie Dixon won't be a Brisbane Lion in 2016

Hated: For all the excitement of the Round 23 fixtures they are mostly dead rubber now. Even Geelong V Adelaide has no finals bearing now
That Fremantle are putting a request in to name a spare parts squad V Port Adelaide. Unpopular opinion maybe but that ain't footy
The Dempsey tackle
Another brain snap for Stevie J
West Coast not just losing but being comprehensively beaten

Liked: Daniel Menzel's return to footy

Learnt: Lachie Hunter is becoming a very good footballer for the Dogs

Hated: Channel 7 choosing Greater Western Sydney vs Carlton as their televised game instead of North Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs

Loved: Daniel Menzel's game on Friday night. It was great to see him out there but to watch him play as well as he did was brilliant.
Liked: The Crow's performance in earning their finals spot themselves.
Hated: That I was supporting Collingwood on Friday night. It felt wrong. I felt dirty. Might need to take another shower to wash that Magpie stench away.

Loved:
- Menzel mania. The first couple of goals were enough to get geelong fan's willies wiggling, but the mark and 4th goal just outstanding.
Cant wait to see him next year
- Crows start. Oh boy wowee what a crowd too. Highest non-showdown crowd at the venue for a game that didnt have any bearing.
- Daniel Talia - continues to spank the best tall forwards in the game.

Liked:
- Collingwood winning friday night and the bulldogs winning saturday, moving me into equal first in footy tips.
- Watching Chris Scott's implosion
- Watching Brad Scott's implosion

Hated:
Possibly seeing the end of Stevie J.

Learned:
Every team in the top 4 has issues, whether with form or injuries. Could it be the year that the winner comes from 5-8?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back