What is Perth's shittest suburb?

Remove this Banner Ad

used to live in the inglewood/mt lawley/morely area and i felt pretty safe

suburbs surrounding joondalup aren't to flash though

Only one bad suburb next to Joondalup and that's Heathridge. The rest are pretty good.

Rockingham isn't that bad. Just the teenagers are a bit dodgy (me excluded :p).

But at one stage it was renamed "Armadale by the Sea".

As for worst WA town, Hells Crack, er, Halls Creek has to be the worst. I was only 11 at the time, and we were camping from here to Darwin. I slept in the car that night. It was the only place we camped where they had a security guard walking around every half an hour. It was just horrible...
I heard that back in the 70s the people of Halls Creek locked all the coppers inside the police station and then burnt it down to the ground. I've never been but you have, could you rectify that story for me?

I heard that back in the 70s the people of Halls Creek locked all the coppers inside the police station and then burnt it down to the ground. I've never been but you have, could you rectify that story for me?
That sounds like an urban legend to me.

I've been to Halls Creek about 5 times for work over the last few years and it's a pretty tiny and crap town. I wouldn't want to live there. Seeing everything locked and secured like a bunker at night, cops just driving up and down the main street rounding up young kids late at night and people showing the effects of inebriation on the streets in a town of light beer gives a fair indication. It's quite eerie late at night or early morning. A definite clash of cultures.

Having said that, the country side out there is truly spectacular.

Living in the country I don't really know, but I would have to recommend Collie. I was in Perth on the weekend and Morley was a bit dodgy, although nothing compared to Northbridge from what I've heard :D

Living in the country I don't really know, but I would have to recommend Collie. I was in Perth on the weekend and Morley was a bit dodgy, although nothing compared to Northbridge from what I've heard :D

Neither Morley or Nothbridge are dodgy in the scheme of things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rockingham wins this hands down.

My 12 year old sister had a group of adults start on her after playing a game of basketball down there.

****ing scum. I've never been so furious in my life.
Not the first time nor Last the Rockingham parents at WABL game while physically handle kids from other teams, At least in Kalamunda they keep unacceptable behaviour within the stands

Kwinana.
I used to play for Cockburn and a fight broke out in the stands in Under 12s...and then it spilled out onto the field. Never saw my dad so angry he grabbed and literally pulled me into the car while I was trying to punch some kid. Terrible terrible stuff.

Not the first time nor Last the Rockingham parents at WABL game while physically handle kids from other teams, At least in Kalamunda they keep unacceptable behaviour within the stands

Three years on and it's still the only time we've ever had an issue with a WABL venue.

Three years on and it's still the only time we've ever had an issue with a WABL venue.

Twice I've had issues.

I got hit in the head with a chiko roll coaching against the Eastern Suns (Kalamunda).

At Rocko I was told to get my team and leave immediately, whole the centre manager walked us out to make sure we got away safely.

Gotta love suburbs which attempt to dress up their names to mask what they really are.

Orelia, Calista, Medina - it's bloody Kwinana.

Seville Grove - it's still Armadale, and rising house prices doesn't make it any less s**t.

Sinagra, Tapping - it's Wanneroo. Miles North of the river and not near the coast - awful.

The part of Armadale beyond the train station near the rec centre is quite possibly the worst pocket of Perth.

Camillo instead of Westfield these days, still a shithole.

Twice I've had issues.

I got hit in the head with a chiko roll coaching against the Eastern Suns (Kalamunda).

At Rocko I was told to get my team and leave immediately, whole the centre manager walked us out to make sure we got away safely.

Definitely sounds like Rockingham haha. i haven't had too much involvement with the place, but my sister's playing district netball down there, seems to be way fewer issues (or perhaps our eyes just aren't open to them). What club are you involved with Moo? Kalamunda haven't been too bad in all the age groups I've had contact with but I have heard stories about them too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back