Remove this Banner Ad

Rumballs

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, The Mighty Cherries
OK, I have it on good authority that this preseason will never end.
So, to end my footy drought, I am going to watch a couple of game from 2015.
I love games where I can see the game plan executed against good opposition. Not turned on by thrashing the cellar dwellers.
Any opinions on which is the best game to watch?
Freo maybe?

Sydney comeback was amazing, slowly grinding our way back into it after being down and out at halftime, getting that familiar feeling of hope that you expect to be snuffed out pretty quickly, but instead a rare deliverance! I was lucky enough to be there, our supporters were so loud after Miles' goal I couldn't even hear the siren, was great getting random high fives and hugs from strangers afterwards as we endlessly sung the song over and over. (Damn SCG only played our song once over the PA)

Hawthorn game was exciting at the time but tragic in retrospect. At the time anything seemed possible....

Both pies games were so sweet

The sydney game was when i really started to believe though, that come back

Ranked em from my favourite

1. Freo at the Subi (they were undefeated and nobody expected the first quarter, we are better than them)

2. Hawks at G (cos nobody expected us to beat them again, but they are our bitch and always will be, very easy win, we also dwarfed their "70,000+"members yet again and I made the easiest $1000 I've ever made, was never any doubt)

3. Swans at SCG (I don't rate them as they only make the top 4 due to AFL help, irrelevant franchise minnow club) but this was a great come from behind win at the worst and hardest to play tiny ground in the league. Rance giving Buddy another bath was a bonus and the Ivan soccer goal at the end just took the piss and was icing on the cake

4. The Colonwood spanking at the G (they are so far off us it's not funny, and we are now younger than them which is hilarious, won't get near us this year or near the 8, in this game, Dusty and Jack flipping off the fat lezzo's in the colonwood cheer squad was just a sweet bonus, also Vickery having a career best game with 6 straight was hilarious, he is better than Cloke and the Poos would do that trade lol)

Honourable mention to the Poort win at AO (spoiling Chad's farewell), dreamtime at the G (spoiling that drug cheat's 400th) and any other milestone we may have spoiled

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gws

took the dimma red face rocket at 3 qtr time to get us out of first gear

That game and also the saints game giving up that huge lead

Best wins:

1. Fremantle - people thought we were going to lose in Perth given that they haven't lost all season at all, let alone in Perth. I guess they didn't know Richmond well enough

2. Hawthorn - people thought we were going to lose given that they beat Fremantle by 71ish, Sydney by 89 and Carlton by 138 points the three weeks prior to our Friday night clash with them. I guess they didn't know Richmond well enough.

3. Port Adelaide - people thought that Port Adelaide would bounce back hard from their losses to West Coast and Brisbane the two weeks prior, and thought that since Cornes was having his 300th against us at AO, we would lose. I guess they didn't know Richmond well enough.

4. Collingwood (2nd game). A lot of Collingwood supporters were confident that their Round 7 loss against us was an aberration and that they would beat us the second time. I guess they didn't know Richmond well enough

That win against Freo was unreal. Put the game to bed half way through the first quarter. They were 9-0 and everyone thought we were next, nope

The comeback against Sydney was completely unexpected and felt so good. Can't decide which one was better, they were both great wins

Best wins:
  • Freo - knocking off the undefeated team on their deck was sweet. The first quarter probably the best quarter I've ever seen from a Richmond side. Precise, elite ball movement and 100% conversion in front of the big sticks.
  • Hawks - Always satisfying to beat that poo and wee coloured mob and send their arm chair fans home disappointed. You can have your 3 peat as much as you like, you're still poop against the mighty tiges!
  • Swans - coming from behind and going on to record an impressive win. Rance absolutely dominating Buddy.
  • Colonwood x 2 - the first as the media hype early in the season was insane. Nice to see Eddie get red. The second time because we didn't bring the lube. :D
Worst wins:
  • GWS - Scrappy, frustrating and a contest hard on the eyes. Took a mega spray from Dimma to get a pulse.
  • Carlton second game - their utter crapness infected us and turned this contest into a snooze fest.
  • Saints - apart from Maddie's Match, few highlights to remember. Letting a healthy lead slip late on was not a nice way to finish the game either.

I know you've asked about 2015 games, but I've just watched the 2014 game V the Crows when we were on a 6-7 game winning streak..
Check out Dustys reaction when we hit the front in the closing stages of the game

Strange how despite knowing the result, Kwan still on the edge of my seat lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back