What is the best Tiges game in 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

My most memorable was the first collingwood game. So many momentum changes and good quality footy in stages from both sides. Great win.

Oh yeah, also Freo and Hawforn.

I know you've asked about 2015 games, but I've just watched the 2014 game V the Crows when we were on a 6-7 game winning streak..
Check out Dustys reaction when we hit the front in the closing stages of the game

Strange how despite knowing the result, Kwan still on the edge of my seat lol
There was also the strangled yelp of joy from Richo in the commentary

1. Sydney. Great to see us fight our way back into the game and win vs such strong opp.
2. Hawthorn. Impressive to stay with them in an arm wrestle and then pull away.
3. Freo. High quality fotball

Not from an importance point of view but as far as pure enjoyment goes smashing the Pies by 15 goals was magnificent. Sat at the city end that day and witnessed the largest gathering of inbred ferals ever seen in one spot. To see them pouring out at the 15 minute mark of the last quater was priceless.
Not to forget some amazing footy played by the boys on the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've ranked the whole season in terms of enjoyment:

1. Fremantle (round 10) - Blowing away the unbeaten ladder leaders on their home deck? Just jizz worthy. That first quarter was simply unbelievable. Too bad the media just wanted to wank over Fyfe.
2. Hawthorn (round 18) - Lids torched them early, they steadied and looked like overunning us, then we overpowered them. Hawks fans sooking about heavy training loads etc made it even sweeter. They really are our bitches.
3. Sydney (round 13) - Seeing Buddy mentally annihilated like that by Rance was just beautiful, especially after him and Goodes were trying to get stuck in early.
4. Collingwood (round 21) - They think they're even with us lol. The stampede in the last quarter was so brilliant I actually burst out laughing at one point. Just ridiculous. Made even sweeter by the Pies fans claiming they didn't want Vickery when he was linked to them earlier in the year. It was the Tyrone show that day.
5. Collingwood (round 7) - Such an up and down game. That was the turning point for us.
6. Port Adelaide (round 8) - To control the game so easily after shitting the bed in out last trip there was very satisfying. Port kicked more goals in 15 minutes in the 2014 EF than they did in that entire match.
7. Carlton (round 1) - Controlled the game after a slow start. First round 1 where I haven't been shitting myself about a comeback. K.Mac was sensational.
8. GWS (round 14) - The game was ordinary but the final quarter showed a resilience we hadn't seen in a while.
9. Gold Coast (round 20) - Pretty cruisey game really.
10. Brisbane (round 3) - Struggled to put them away in the first half. Wasn't much comfort after losing the previous week.
11. Essendon (round 9) - Finally won the dreamtime game again. Didn't actually watch but it looked close.
12. St Kilda (round 16) - Fairly comfortable game ruined by a final quarter fade out. Took a lot of the gloss off.
13. Essendon (round 22) - Did them easily. Low scoring and not many highlights.
14. Carlton (round 15) - We were s**t that night. Only won because they were something worse than s**t - they were Carlton.
15. Norf (round 23) - Struggled to beat a VFL team. Meant nothing.

16. Fremantle (round 17) - Sucked to go down like that but we played well that day. Should've won.
17. Norf (EF) - Yes we lost a final and there were some shitful individual performaces, but that was the closely we've been to North in a long time. Just weren't quite strong enough in the end.
18. Geelong (round 5) - Never in the game but came back alright.
19. Bulldogs (round 2) - Never really got into the game. Not as bad in hindsight as it was at the time.
20. Norf (round 6) - Blown away in the 3rd. Again.
21. West Coast (round 12) - Disgusting game. Not sure how we got as close as we did.
22. Melbourne (round 4) - Felt like vomiting after that. Disgusting.
23. Adelaide (round 19) - Can't believe the final margin was only 36. Even Rance was off that night.

Last edited:
Our best football outright was the first quarter against Freo. I had to pinch myself because I thought I must have been dreaming.
Our best comeback was against the Swanies.
Our victory against the Hawks was really good but they're our bunnies so it may not be as good as it looked.
Our victory against Port was fantastic. Denied them run when they were desperate for a win to keep their season afloat and played like a well drilled team.

I've never felt so gutted leaving the MCG in my life than what I was when we lost to Freo on the last kick. Even some of the annihaltions back in the 90s didn't compare to that.

I've ranked the whole season in terms of enjoyment:

1. Fremantle (round 10) - Blowing away the unbeaten ladder leaders on their home deck? Just jizz worthy. That first quarter was simply unbelievable. Too bad the media just wanted to wank over Fyfe.
2. Hawthorn (round 18) - Lids torched them early, they steadied and looked like overunning us, then we overpowered them. Hawks fans sooking about heavy training loads etc made it even sweeter. They really are our bitches.
3. Sydney (round 13) - Seeing Buddy mentally annihalated like that by Rance was just beautiful, especially after him and Goodes were trying to get stuck in early.
4. Collingwood (round 21) - They think they're even with u lol. The stampede in the last quarter was so brilliant I actually burst out laughing at one point. Just ridiculous. Made even sweeter by the Pies fans claiming they didn't want Vickery when he was linked to them earlier in the year. It was the Tyrone show that day.
5. Collingwood (round 7) - Such an up and down game. That was the turning point for us.
6. Port Adelaide (round 8) - To control the game so easily after shitting the bed in out last trip there was very satisfying. Port kicked more goals in 15 minutes in the 2014 EF than they did in that entire match.
7. Carlton (round 1) - Controlled the game after a slow start. First round 1 where I haven't been shitting myself about a comeback. K.Mac was sensational.
8. GWS (round 14) - The game was ordinary but the final quarter showed a resilience we hadn't seen in a while.
9. Gold Coast (round 20) - Pretty cruisey game really.
10. Brisbane (round 3) - Struggled to put them away in the first half. Wasn't much comfort after losing the previous week.
11. Essendon (round 9) - Finally won the dreamtime game again. Didn't actually watch but it looked close.
12. St Kilda (round 16) - Fairly comfortable game ruined by a final quarter fade out. Took a lot of the gloss off.
13. Essendon (round 22) - Did them easily. Low scoring and not many highlights.
14. Carlton (round 15) - We were s**t that night. Only won because they were worse than s**t - they were Carlton.
15. Norf (round 23) - Struggled to beat a VFL team. Meant nothing.

16. Fremantle (round 17) - Sucked to go down like that but we played well that day. Should've won.
17. Norf (EF) - Yes we lost a final and there were some shitful individual performaces, but that was the closely we've been to North in a long time. Just weren't quite strong enough in the end.
18. Geelong (round 5) - Never in the game but came back alright.
19. Bulldogs (round 2) - Never really got into the game. Not as bad in hindsight as it was at the time.
20. Norf (round 6) - Blown away in the 3rd. Again.
21. West Coast (round 12) - Disgusting game. Not sure how we got as close as we did.
22. Melbourne (round 4) - Felt like vomiting after that. Disgusting.
23. Adelaide (round 19) - Can't believe the final margin was only 36. Even Rance was off that night.
Pretty much spot on. Although beating Collingwood by 91 points and seeing all the 'supporters' leave at the 10 minute mark of the last was pretty fun to watch.

I've never felt so gutted leaving the MCG in my life than what I was when we lost to Freo on the last kick. Even some of the annihaltions back in the 90s didn't compare to that.
Took me until the 15 minute mark of the first qtr against hawdork to get over that game, i was in the dumps all week. :(:cry:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back